Thread: More powerful units at campaign start

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default More powerful units at campaign start

Just wanting to get the opinions of experienced modders on something. Would a faction be too powerful if they start off with one or two powerful units available (with high upkeep), but they are limited to only being able to recruit a small number of those units. Would this faction be too powerful from the start for players and/or AI?

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Default Re: More powerful units at campaign start

It would probably give the player an unfair advantage the A.I. either wouldn't use them or would cripple itself economically in an attempt to do so. Maybe with one of the A.I. mods, but in my opinion it would not work due to balance issues.

You could always try and if neccessary introduce a money script, but I'm not a big fan of these either.

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: More powerful units at campaign start

Well I'm thinking of making these units unique like the Canons of the Holy Sepulcher in Kingdoms so that "should" limit the AI from going broke as well as the player being too powerful from the outset.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team