Thread: Grand Campaign Hotseat

Default Grand Campaign Hotseat

Perhaps the question had been posted but I don't find it.

I can't play the Grand Campaign in Hotseat Mod. For the others Campaigns, it works but I don't have any menu in the Multiplayer mod for Grand Campaign. Is normal ? Do I miss something ?

Thx.
    Last edited by Da-Soth; September 05, 2007 at 08:51 AM.

Default Re: Grand Campaign Hotseat

Kingdoms does not update the Grand Campaign and add any new features to it. However if you download the Retrofit Mod you will get hotseat mode in the GC, here is a link to the mod below. Its easy to install and works very well.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118696

regards
    Dave

Thx Dave ! You save me for the sadness to not play GC in Hotseat mod.

It's strange cause in the manual of Kingdoms, you can read its possible to play Hotseat Grand Campaign. But after install it, I don't find how.

You don't even need a mod, actually. To get teh Grand Campaign working in hotseat mode, just fire up your medieval2.preferences CFG file (it should be located in your main M2 directory, right next to your exes), delete everything under the [hotseat] header, and replace it with the following:

[multiplayer]
    playable = true
    hotseat_scroll = 0

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 1
    update_ai_camera = 1
    validate_diplomacy = 1
    turns = 0
    scroll = 0

You can then launch the game and play the vanilla GC in hotseat mode simply by starting a new game in one player mode. You don't even need Kingdoms for it to work in fact, and you can even add those lines to any mod's CFG file to allow you to play that mod in hotseat mode, too.

Thx Doros !

I will try this.

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to play the hotseat campaign on multiple PCs by emailing the saved game at the end of each player's orders?

Warriorset's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    Can anyone tell me if it's possible to play the hotseat campaign on multiple PCs by emailing the saved game at the end of each player's orders?
    Thatīs a very good idea! I will try it...

Stuck at work so I can't try it. I'm guessing it'd be autoresolve only though - I'd like to be able to play out the Human v AI battles (obviously the Human v Human would have to be auto'd) but I don't see how it's possible on multiple PCs. If anyone has any info, I'd be extremely grateful!

Quote Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
    yes its possible and works !

you just need select factions and set who ill play with wich faction, set password, play turn, save game and send it to the next player and repeat this always ...
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Icon13 Re: Grand Campaign Hotseat

I have tried and tried to get this download to work, but every time it gets completed, it doesn't work.
    If i try to open from a desktop icon it asks what to open with, e.g adobe, notepad, itunes etc.

the closest i came was finding the file and trying to run as adminastrator, but still nothing. does any1 know whats wrong?