Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Ok I installed everything and the Kingdoms works fine. I installed the mod, and when I chose to play as Spain the game loads halfway through to start it and then the program automatically closes.

Is this a bug?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Are you playing a non-english version? If so, check here

Nope I'm supposed to be playing the english version.

Should I be using the Kingdoms CD1 or the Medieval II CD1 for this mod? I'm currently trying to use the Kingdoms CD.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    Nope I'm supposed to be playing the english version.

Should I be using the Kingdoms CD1 or the Medieval II CD1 for this mod? I'm currently trying to use the Kingdoms CD.
    You haven't installed to a directory other than default, have you?

Nope. C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

have you made sure to follow the instructions carefully. Like unpack all the knigdoms units first, then use the bat file to copy the kingdom's units to the mod? it sounds like there is a problem with possibly the edu text file. Its important you follow the instructions in the order they are written. also you may want to upload your systems log file so Socal can view it.

and yes you should be using the kingdoms CD
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Saw this happening in my game as Stainless Steel Mod since this one wasnt working:

I bought the game and the expansion in New York City. Why in the hell is it in German/Dutch?

There are a few bugs still with SS Kingdoms. There are fixes and a patch coming soon.
    Good mod but I prefer PDER.

I m having a problem loading PDER Kingdoms now. I installed another mod which seemed to muck up the PDER campaign map so I uninstalled everything from M2. Now I ve reinstalled M2/Kingdoms and PDER Kingdoms following the 4 steps but I get CTD after the faction choice screen. English version.
    It takes hours to reinstall everything...oh dear. Perhaps SS v.5 has distorted something.I installed that earlier.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ Mikel
    somewhere in the Stainless Steel forum there is a fix for the german text and other things. I also had the german text.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

I dont care about the german text, I care about making the PDER mod for the Kingdoms Expansion work. And it doesn't, and its pissing me off.

I had saved a copy of the original installation in my external HD. I deleted everything from my HD and then replaced it again with the original, clean install of MII:TW v1.02 and the Kingdoms Expansions. I installed PDER again and, again, it crashed when it was loading the game for the first time in the campaign. Ive tried it with Portugal, Spain, Moors, Sicily, Turks and England. Its screwed.

I'm going to uninstall everything, and re-install everything. Hopefully, that will fix my problem.

Question: What exactly do I need, from the Kingdoms Expansion, installed in order to play the PDER mod? all 4 campaigns, or just the CD? Where is the mod standing on that?
    Last edited by Mikel; November 08, 2007 at 07:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Welcome again in this thread. You will have to unpack the campaigns BEFORE installing PDER Kingdoms.
    Post your log, we might find something.

the way to do it:

- install M2TW
    - install all 4 campaigns of Kingdoms (Americas is not necessary for PDER)
    - follow Socalinfidel's ReadMe: (especially step 2)

Installation Instructions:
    --------------------------

1] To install this mod, simply follow the steps outlined in the Installer Program, which by default installs Pro Deo et Rege to the following folder:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods

2] You must have an unpacked version of each of the following Medieval II Total War:Kingdoms campaigns
    in order to play this mod:

- Britannia
    - Crusades
    - Teutonic

In order to unpack these campaigns, you must run each of the following batch files found in your
    SEGA\Medieval II Total War\tools\unpacker folder:

- unpack_britannia.bat
    - unpack_crusades.bat
    - unpack_teutonic.bat

3] After you have unpacked all of these campaigns, simply run the PDER_Kingdoms_Copy_Files.bat file found in your main Medievall II Tota War folder.
    This batch file will copy over the necessary unpacked Kingdoms files needed to play PRO DEO ET REGE:
    Kingdoms Edition.

4] Once installed you should use use the PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a.bat file found in your Medieval II Total War\mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a folder to run the game.
    Last edited by Gigantus; November 08, 2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: more details

Found this in the midst of a big Byz campaign...

La Garde recule.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I have noticed that too, it seems be happen with some of the Kingdoms units.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Anyone know why the download links (both of them) for PDER:Kingdoms is not linking to anything downloadable?

Perhaps they've taken it down to put up the new version!!!

Ha...wishful thinking... lol...
    La Garde recule.

Blog Entries

For the last week I have not been able to download anything from filefront. I am getting either 'something wrong with your connection' or 'no download servers available'.
    Uploading works though.

Is france really only able to build Levy Cavalry at any and all levels of stables? Are mailed knights really the best cavalry unit that France can build? Do you really have to own a Shipwright to build the third and fourth tier stables? If so does that mean that all of interior france is unable to build the higher level stables (because they cannot build shipwrights)?

If these things are untrue then something in your database is screwy, if not ... what happened to France's elite cavalry? Also, the building browser for the venetians also showed the stables as only ever producing Levy Cavalry.

Just curious.

Great mod.

edit: Ok, so I think that many of frances units are technology dependent (ie a certain time based event must occur; eg Heavy Mail, etc), and the building browser only shows what is currently available to build.

However, is it really true that a shipwright must be present in a territory to build the 3rd and 4th tier stables (which, I am assuming, makes interior cities incapable of building elite cavalry)? Or is that a bug/mistake?
    Last edited by MadFrancis; November 19, 2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot

Szun's Avatar Miles

ctd on loading campaign and this comes in PDER log :

20:13:43.563 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a/preferences/player.txt

i just installed mod btw..my m2tw is complete unpacked
    Last edited by Szun; November 20, 2007 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries

i just installed mod btw..my m2tw is complete unpacked
    That's your problem. You have to unpack the campaigns (Americas not necessary) BEFORE installing PDER.
    Uninstall PDER, unpack M2TW campaigns, install PDER again.