Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    I cant seem to start a campaign, seems to crash when its aprox 2/3rds into loading campaign map
    Hmm. Have you copied over the unpacked Kingdoms files necessary to play PDER Kingdoms ed.? Did you use the PDER_kingdoms.bat file found in the PDER Kingdoms 1.a mod folder?

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

yeah m8 i did, i think i will re-download it. is there a new version due soon
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

yeah m8 i did, i think i will re-download it. is there a new version due soon
    Could you post your error log if you get the chance? I have to go interview someone right now, but I'll be back at my desk in 20 minutes or so.

And yes, I'll be releasing an update for PDER Kingdoms hopefully by the end of the week.

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

I have reinstalled .0.1a and it seems to be working, I might have tried to play straight away when i first installed, realised i forgot to copy.bat ran the copy.bat but damage was maybe already to late. Sorry for wasting your time back there, Thankyou anyway for the concern. Cheers M8
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

I have reinstalled .0.1a and it seems to be working, I might have tried to play straight away when i first installed, realised i forgot to copy.bat ran the copy.bat but damage was maybe already to late. Sorry for wasting your time back there, Thankyou anyway for the concern. Cheers M8
    Glad it's working out for you! And it's really not a waste of time! I want people to play and hopefully enjoy my mod, so anything I can do to help...

Cheers!

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

Nice mod in its Kingdom version... but still I have a sound bug: there is no character voice (for example, at the start of a combat, the general doesn't say anything)...

Is there the same bug as the v0.4 for MIITW std ?

Otherwise, nice work

've isolated at least three units that cause ctds (for me):

Syrian Militia
    Armenians of Cilicia
    Kurdish Auxiliaries

I really like this mod , but I wish the battles lasted as long as they do for the Darthmods. I suggest raising morale and defense values across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by IIyamaXP View Post
    Nice mod in its Kingdom version... but still I have a sound bug: there is no character voice (for example, at the start of a combat, the general doesn't say anything)...

Is there the same bug as the v0.4 for MIITW std ?

Otherwise, nice work

Hmm. I include the sound files from the Retrofit Mod. Maybe the problem is he included the English-language version of these files and you're playing a non-English version?
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlofWarwick View Post
    've isolated at least three units that cause ctds (for me):

Syrian Militia
    Armenians of Cilicia
    Kurdish Auxiliaries

I really like this mod , but I wish the battles lasted as long as they do for the Darthmods. I suggest raising morale and defense values across the board.
    Thanks for liking my mod! I'll have a look at those units. Did each of them crash the game when you entered battles? Or did you just have an army with all three in them? Just trying to isolate the problem! Thanks for reporting it!

Yes I'm playing a non-english version. I'll try to use the same trick as for PDER v0.4 then

Thanks for your answer !

I ve tried most mods and I like this and the big map version best.
    Just a couple things i noticed. In my England campaign i m fighting the hre around rheims /mainz but they only produce infantry stacks so it s easy for my longbows.
    The other minor point is novgorod using the england voices.

tried to fix by putting the french version of the events.idx and events.dat but the game doesn't dare to start... thinking I would stick with this "no voice" issue...

Quote Originally Posted by IIyamaXP View Post
    tried to fix by putting the french version of the events.idx and events.dat but the game doesn't dare to start... thinking I would stick with this "no voice" issue...
    Sorry to hear that. I suspect the problem is with running the Grand Campaign through the Kingdoms.exe. Would have to generate all new sound files, but CA has only released the English language sound text files....

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I suspect the problem is with running the Grand Campaign through the Kingdoms.exe. Would have to generate all new sound files, but CA has only released the English language sound text files....
    Don't be sorry

I think someone somewhere will discover a way to solve this !

I will try with the dat and idx in one of the kingdoms folders and see what will happen

now I know what's happening... I now have voice in the campaign but no effects in the main menu...

There is a port in murcia but the road does not connect to it.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    There is a port in murcia but the road does not connect to it.
    Don't fret: it will only a few more days until I have my Kingdoms copy. After that the 'Map Fixes' will start rolling.

I start campaign in 1080 for Kievan Rus and found that i can buy high and late eras units in capital Kiev, this is correct?
    PDER ver. 0.1 for Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Jackem; September 20, 2007 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackem View Post
    I start campaign in 1080 for Kievan Rus and found that i can buy high and late eras units in capital Kiev, this is correct?
    PDER ver. 0.1 for Kingdoms.
    Yeah. Kiev was a huge city in 1080 and pretty advanced for its age. This is reflected in the military building infrastructure there.

Oh, and thanks for giving my mod a try!

I'm using PDER v.0.1 for Kingdom and might have a problem. I've built Knight Orders Guild (Hospitaliers and Templars), but both give me no soldiers to train.) What's quite annoying is that the Papals States rushed Tunis, captured it, then built an Hospitalier Guild and are now training Knights from it!

Is it a bug? BTW, I'd like to know if it's possible to stop the Papal States's AI to expand. Quite annoying if you ask me.

Is Novgorod a playable faction? While trying to port over Ireland I had some problems with faction symbols (the one that shows who your Faction leader/heir is on the family tree and the one that you click on to bring up the Diplomacy screen).

I noticed there doesn't seem to be anything in the bat to copy these from the Teutonic campaign....2 minutes later after checking...no symbols for Novgorod either...I added these lines to my bat for Ireland...just switch Ireland to Novgorod and british_isles to teutonic for your next release:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    rem --- Ireland Symbols UI ---
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\ui\captain banners\*ireland*.* mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a\data\ui\captain banners /k /r /e /y /I
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\ui\captain banners\dead\*ireland*.* mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a\data\ui\captain banners\dead /k /r /e /y /I
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\ui\faction_symbols\*ireland*.* mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a\data\ui\faction_symbols /k /r /e /y /I
    xcopy mods\british_isles\data\ui\pips\*ireland*.* mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a\data\banners\ui\pips /k /r /e /y /I

Also I seem to be getting a CTD whenever I choose the Diplomacy Tab no matter which faction I play...any idea where I should look to check this out...it's obviously something I've changed but I don't recall doing anything with diplomacy. Fixed - desc_sm_factions still had the religion as Irish...changed to catholic and it worked!
    Last edited by Rabain; September 22, 2007 at 06:04 PM.