Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

hey guys, 2 more things.
    Is the of royal blood trait disabled? i tried adding it to the novgorod king but it didnt appear.
    Also i was wondering if anyone else is having trouble when loading a saved campaign? when i save a game, exit mtw2: kingdoms and then enter the game again and load a saved campaign an error occurs and it closes back to windows.

cheers
    Nick
    Nico

Perhaps the Novgorod faction is still a bit bugged. I ve had no trouble playing Turks and England .

Perhaps the Novgorod faction is still a bit bugged. I ve had no trouble playing Turks and England .When I press toggle_fow I can see Novgorod doing well though.

one thing I noticed for Novgorod so far is the inability to build orthodox church..the sea trades are fixed tho. thanx. :p

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by 88cali View Post
    one thing I noticed for Novgorod so far is the inability to build orthodox church..the sea trades are fixed tho. thanx. :p
    Unfourtunately i haven't kingdoms yet, so i cannot fix it (socal_infidel is in California ), but the solution is, for sure, into export_descr_buildings.txt. Browse your PDER folder, find it (into mods/PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a/data) and search "temple_orthodox". You must add "novgorod" into these strings:

small_church_o city requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }
    church_o city requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }
    abbey_o city requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }
    cathedral_o city requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }
    huge_cathedral_o city requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }

And also, few lines down:

small_chapel_o castle requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }
    chapel_o castle requires factions { russia, byzantium, novgorod, }

That's the fix (you should need to start a new game )

Hi Social, Tried to install the mod, but failed hopelessly.
    Had to re-install the entire game, a lenghty process indeed.

Couldn't find there files:
    -descr_geography_new.txt
    -descr_geography_new.db

Let alone that the batch files properly worked.\Couldn't get the game running, even the clean version crashed afterwards.

Might have done something wrong, however a more precise installation instruction where exactly one can find the files would be helpful.

Is there going to be a more easy install version of the mod?
    Would make me a happy person

Great mod nonetheless.
    Thanks a million.
    Mordred

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Hi Socal!

I can play the Grand Campaign but i suffer a CTD in an entry battle.
    Ok, i know the solution (delete -descr_geography_new.txt
    -descr_geography_new.db) but the file .db is missing!, also descr_geography_new.txt donīt appears in every mod folder, (only in the britannia files, i think :hmmm.

And if i want to play a battle with these mods (teutonic, britannia or crusades) the CTD appears!

Whatīs my mistake?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by VirusITA View Post
    Unfourtunately i haven't kingdoms yet, so i cannot fix it (socal_infidel is in California ), but the solution is, for sure, into export_descr_buildings.txt. Browse your PDER folder, find it (into mods/PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1a/data) and search "temple_orthodox". You must add "novgorod" into these strings:

thanx mate...gonna try it for sure..

Socal said the 2 files to delete are only in the brittania folder. I deleted them there and couldn t see any in the other 2 unpacked folders.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Does this mod by chance feature the reskinned teutonic knights???I hope as much,for they truly add a brand new dimension to the already formidable Teutonic order.

Socal s post on page 1 lists the 20 new units. I havn t seen the reskinned teutonic knights yet.

Could someone tell me where to find the file to fix the Uppsala bug please.
    I can t see descr_strat.txt anywhere. I must be blind. Thanks for the Novgorod church fix btw.

Hi Socal!

Please, forget my last post īcause your mod runs very well.

I have localizated the geography files in the principal data folder, these files were deleted (copy and paste in a new folder) et voila! your fantastic mod works!

Thanks for your effort and fast innovations.
    Thanks for Virusita and Gigantus too and for every "workers" of this mod

Cheers!

P.D: What do you think about new buildings like wind/water mills, glass-houses, olive oil deposits (almazara)...?

Icon10 Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Jihada View Post
    Socal s post on page 1 lists the 20 new units. I havn t seen the reskinned teutonic knights yet.

Could someone tell me where to find the file to fix the Uppsala bug please.
    I can t see descr_strat.txt anywhere. I must be blind. Thanks for the Novgorod church fix btw.
    The path to the descr_strat.txt:

Medieval II Total War\mods\PDER_Kingdoms_v0.1\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Ah thanks a lot, I ll look for it now.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    hey guys, 2 more things.
    Is the of royal blood trait disabled? i tried adding it to the novgorod king but it didnt appear.
    Also i was wondering if anyone else is having trouble when loading a saved campaign? when i save a game, exit mtw2: kingdoms and then enter the game again and load a saved campaign an error occurs and it closes back to windows.

cheers
    Nick
    Ah yes! Thanks for reminding me of all the Bloods, Broads and Bastards traits that need to be ported over to Novgorod! I'll release an updated EDCT file soon!

Quote Originally Posted by VirusITA View Post

That is indeed the fix! Thanks VirusITA for stepping in during my absence

Quote Originally Posted by carricanta View Post
    Hi Socal!

Please, forget my last post īcause your mod runs very well.

I have localizated the geography files in the principal data folder, these files were deleted (copy and paste in a new folder) et voila! your fantastic mod works!

Thanks for your effort and fast innovations.
    Thanks for Virusita and Gigantus too and for every "workers" of this mod

Cheers!

P.D: What do you think about new buildings like wind/water mills, glass-houses, olive oil deposits (almazara)...?
    I like the idea of new buildings, yes. One limitation is the way the AOR system is set-up though. Basically created a faction-specific military building for each faction. And there's a limit on the number of buildings total

But I will be in adding in glass as a resource. It's actually in the Kingdom's campaigns. And I may change sulphur to salt unless someone can convince me that sulphur was a more valuable trade commodity than salt.

But all these will be in the next version with the updated map! Slightly bigger than original, not as big as VirusITA's BigMap version. And hopefully extended eastward a little! Need some room for Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
    Hi Social, Tried to install the mod, but failed hopelessly.
    Had to re-install the entire game, a lenghty process indeed.

Couldn't find there files:
    -descr_geography_new.txt
    -descr_geography_new.db

Let alone that the batch files properly worked.\Couldn't get the game running, even the clean version crashed afterwards.

Might have done something wrong, however a more precise installation instruction where exactly one can find the files would be helpful.

Is there going to be a more easy install version of the mod?
    Would make me a happy person

Great mod nonetheless.
    Thanks a million.
    Mordred
    Sorry to hear that Mordred. Believe you me! I wish I could release a Kingdom's edition that contained everything. But for legal reasons, I can't go about releasing the original Kingdoms' content (e.g. textures and new models) with my installer.

So the workaround is the batch file that copies the Kingdoms files over to my mod! The catch then is you have to have unpacked the Kingdoms files in the first place.

Those two files are in the Britannia campaign data/folder by the way. Installation should be as follows

1] Install my mod

2] Unpack the three Kingdoms campaigns

3] Delete the two geography files from the British_isles/data folder.

3] In the main M2TW folder there is a batch file - Kingdoms_Copy_Files (or whatever I called it!). Run that. The necessary unpacked files will be copied over to the PDER mod folder.

4] Inside the PDER mod folder there a launch PDER_Kingdoms batch file. USe that to run the game

Any other questions feel free to ask or even PM me if you need to!

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusa IX View Post
    Does this mod by chance feature the reskinned teutonic knights???I hope as much,for they truly add a brand new dimension to the already formidable Teutonic order.
    Not yet!

Hihihi,
    So late in the evening it is not an encouraging prospect.
    A big thank you nonetheless Social, I''l try again when I finished my campaign and that might take a while. (thank god for that)

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Thanks for all of the quick responses Socal and crew. Hope that your weekend away went well and it gave you time to think of more ideas for this already great mod Mr. socal.

Just to clarify some things that I am confused about. Can I still erase the unpacked kingdoms files after I have run the batch copier for your mod?
    Also, is there a real combat mod that is compatible with the kingdoms version of pder?

Cheers

ONB

Hi Socal, the new map includes more Cities... it would be fantastic!!

Thanks

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Thanks for all of the quick responses Socal and crew. Hope that your weekend away went well and it gave you time to think of more ideas for this already great mod Mr. socal.

Just to clarify some things that I am confused about. Can I still erase the unpacked kingdoms files after I have run the batch copier for your mod?
    Also, is there a real combat mod that is compatible with the kingdoms version of pder?

Cheers

ONB
    My weekend was lovely, thanks! And I did come back refreshed and ready to dive headfirst back to modding! I even worked on the new map myself last night! Sneak peak at a rough draft coming soon!

1] Yes, the necessary files for PDER Kingdoms edition would have already been copied over to the PDER folder. You can erase the unpacked files.

2] Not yet. I did work on a PDER-RC 1.3 before I left, but I've heard there is already a 1.3b. Will have to adapt that soon!

Quote Originally Posted by carricanta View Post
    Hi Socal, the new map includes more Cities... it would be fantastic!!

Thanks
    I haven't worked on regions in ages, but I think I have around 4-5 empty region slots to fill. I've actually managed to extend the map East just past the Caspian, so new regions will probably go there somewhere!

Cheers!

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

I cant seem to start a campaign, seems to crash when its aprox 2/3rds into loading campaign map
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."