Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

I tried and it didn't work. How long should the copy_files.bat take to accomplish? Because it seems like it should last longer then it did it was over in about 4 and half seconds. I'm not sure if that file is opperating correctly for me, but it very well could be.
    Last edited by William Earl of Pembroke; January 29, 2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Lack of Information

Alright I found the two geography files in the Brittania campaign but I can't find them in the other two campaigns? Do you know where they are located?

Thank you for your time.

Indefinitely Banned

If I remember rightly I only found those files in the Britannia campaign too. I think it's the only place they occur. My install certainly works OK on it.

Thank you.

Well i've deleted the descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db in the Brittania and MTWII data folders and have run the copy_files.bat without luck in getting into a campaign it CTDs on me, I also can't use any unit in a custom battle that was in either the Crusades or Teutonic Campaigns because then it CTDs on me again. I'm not sure if I should have deleted the .txt and .db geography files in the MTWII date folder.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by William Earl of Pembroke View Post
    Well i've deleted the descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db in the Brittania and MTWII data folders and have run the copy_files.bat without luck in getting into a campaign it CTDs on me, I also can't use any unit in a custom battle that was in either the Crusades or Teutonic Campaigns because then it CTDs on me again. I'm not sure if I should have deleted the .txt and .db geography files in the MTWII date folder.
    Definitely sounds like the proper files aren't copying over. Did you by change install the game to a different directory than the default specified in the installer?

No I installed in the C drive but PDER was downloaded to D but I don't see that causing that much of a problem since it is installed in the C drive. Though I think you are right that the files aren't copying over because when I hit copy_files it doesn't seem like it last long enough it might last five seconds. Oh and I don't have Novgorod as a faction which really doesn't bother me overtly but it does seem to be missing information that should be copying.
    Last edited by William Earl of Pembroke; January 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM.

Hello, I don't usually post very often, but I felt I had to say something after trying out your mod. I really enjoy the AOR feature, ever since it was in RTR, and I really like the direction you are going with this project. I've just started this mod and I noticed some bugs, which I decided to bring to your attention. I didn't know if i should post in this thread or not, but since I have Kingdoms installed, I figured it would be the safer choice.

By the way, I started playing as Genoa on version 0.4
    1. When I captured Pisa, it gave me the option of building a mine there. However, Pisa does not have a mineable resource. The description of the mine also says the mining income is "+0".
    2. For Genoa, and all my settlements, the actual income differs from the description of the mine, by a factor of a half. For example, a first-level mine in Genoa states that I receive +200 florins, but when I check the settlement description, it turns out I'm only receiving 100. Same with my other settlements.
    3. You may have already heard this, but the Sicilian mounted/dismounted Norman Knights unit description has, instead of a picture of a knight, a peasant from RTW.
    4a. I don't know if this is a bug, or if you have purposely done this, but a unit of Peasant Archers on the walls can kill off a unit of Sicilian dismounted Norman Knights using one-third of their ammunition. It just seemed unbalanced.

Please don't take these criticisms harshly. I hope that you will find time to address these problems, and I hope that your next release will be as enjoyable, if not more so, than this one.
    Last edited by Masterfod; February 01, 2008 at 12:28 AM.

Hello everbody
    every time i try to start the main campign it crashes to desktop. i have followed the readme about unpacking first, but i hear you have to delete these two files descr_geography_new.txt and descr_geography_new.db . For the love of god i cannot find them, i'm new to all this,i heard there are in the britrrinia campiagn i have looked inj every folder and cannot find them, it's no good just saying there in data, i need a specfic pathway to them if possible, the mod looks ablosutly fantastic so the quicker some one can tell me the way the happier i will be

keep up the good work

cheers in advance
    dan
    Last edited by djayminister; February 09, 2008 at 09:25 PM.

im found the files but even after deleteing them it's still crahes to desktop is there are know solution

Quote Originally Posted by djayminister View Post
    im found the files but even after deleteing them it's still crahes to desktop is there are know solution
    Hey there mate! Thanks for downloading my mod to give it a go!

I'm rather busy at the moment trying to upload the latest version of PDER, so if you can hang on for a bit, you'll get the chance to try out an even better version! Shouldn't be too much longer.

Unfortunately, FileFront keeps timing out on me...but it'll be up soon enough.

In the meantime, you can take a look at some screens from PDER 1.0 to see what you have to look forward to.

Sorry about your troubles, but this installation will be pain-free and require no copying of files and whatnot. Simply point it to your directory if different from default and follows the intallation program's steps!

Cheers mate!

S_I

i seem to have indentfied the issue at heart, i now know that the two deleted files are in the data file. when i try to access the data file i cannot find it even if i search for it, it saying that is no such file as them, even though the kingdom expansion still work. I have tried to show hidden files in folder options but to no luck. It seems to be hiding some files withen data folder

i was wondering if anyone else had this same issue as i'am running vista i wonder if that wouold make a difference
    i can send a picture if nessecary of what my data folder shows

In the Britiannia and Main data folders hit compatibilty files and it will show them. It took me a bloody long time to figure that one out. I run Vista also. That should show those files.

Hi all. I'm running windows vista, i've installed the mod to the m2tw directory and the mod crashes to desktop with an unspecified error before the initial loading screen at startup. Any help would be great

Quote Originally Posted by tweedledumb99 View Post
    Hi all. I'm running windows vista, i've installed the mod to the m2tw directory and the mod crashes to desktop with an unspecified error before the initial loading screen at startup. Any help would be great
    hey there, matey! Are you trying to play PDER 1.0? If so, there is a problem for VISTA users that is currently being worked on. Hang tight!

Ahh k good to know, thanks. Mod looks awesome.

OLD THREAD. NOW CLOSED.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011