Thread: Please Help - I want the game to use my modified file

Default Please Help - I want the game to use my modified file

I just editied the export_descr_unit.txt of the british campaign after unpacking the files...
    But I just don't unsdestand how you can make the game use this file
    Could anyone tell me exactly what to do? (the batch file, etc.)

Default Re: Please Help - I want the game to use my modified file

There you go, took two seconds to find =)

Also, I had the issue with the GUI going white on me, if this happens the crude solution is make a copy of the UI folder (inside the data folder, same as the "text" mentioned) and rename either the old or the copy to text. Some issue with over-writing, or not, I reckon.

Works like a charm for me, I edited all the scottish pike units to having no secondary weapon (used the same values from the SS/RC EDU, should probably be tweaked). But now they actually use the pikes and work like I envision they should, ie in spearwall formation they hold the ranks and stab with the 2nd and 3rd row pikes. Absolute beasts against frontal assaults, both infantry and cavalry and victims from flanking and rear attacks. Again, like it should be.

Default Re: Please Help - I want the game to use my modified file

I've already read the thread, but the renamed ui folder it works! Thank you!!!
    Anyway, I made a new export_descr_unit.txt with about +50% moral for all units. Big thanks again!

Oh, I've recognised that there is the issue with the with ui too, but it remains after doing like you said...
    Last edited by Thommsn; September 05, 2007 at 09:28 AM.