Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AAR: End of Days (name of mod) - Shambhala (faction)- vh/vh

Severous's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: AAR: End of Days (name of mod) - Shambhala (faction)- vh/vh

Hi

Not had a lot of time this week to play and the game is getting big and slow to progress. Over 50 regions now. Tons of agents and armies running around.

No trouble with Christians. Fighting Spanish but not many of them approach me. Albion gone very quiet. Germans often send armies. French are my allies and were bankrupt until I slipped em a few bob.

The Satanae sally at Thessolonica. Odds 3:10 against.

Despie the sally a lot of this battle took part inside the town. Didnt have enough arrows to kill them all. Took quite a lot of casualties myself but that provides great retraining potential. Many gold exp units running around now.

--

My three horse archers in a fort in Italy. They have a choice of targets.

Purple - those are Spanish forces. Landed by ship. Enemies.
    Dark Blue - Germanic. Enemies.
    Light Blue - French. Allies.

Im happy to let the Purple and Dark Blue fight each other.

I will go fight the Germans near Ravenna. The French will sally and we will fight the Germans together. Least they can do..Ive given them €30,000 in the past three turns.

German and French elite cavalry fight it out. My light horse archers keep out of it..they fire into the Germans backs.

--

A bit later. Just lost a recently captured region. Just cannot keep it under control this far from my capital. Too many regions captured in short order. My leader with his holy relics and influence cannot be everywhere at once to keep order.

--

Shouldnt be too long now before the Satanic forces are eliminated.
    Regards
    Severous

Did my part in a Franks BI Succession campaign:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118689
    Played a Mod called "End of Days" Picture based AAR is here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116509
    From last year. Final turn of vh/vh Egyptian campaign
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54262

Severous's Avatar Biarchus

Hi Selifator.

Thanks for your comments. You are playing Albion eh? Their troops look good. All units look good in this mod. In my campaign Albion have not put in an appearance for many years.

This is my final installment. The campaign is done!

--
    Despite some good generals its not been possible to prevent regions rebelling back to Satanae. 80% Capital distance, 95% Satanic unrest, 50% culture, 30% unrest.
    When I know I am about to loose a region to rebellion I move most troops out of the region. It reduces the strength of the rebellion.

--

Dhiman is moving up from Thessolonica. He had kept a lid on rebellion and was now needed further north to control new gains. He is alone. Dhiman is at risk. He is attacked by a Satanae army. My campaign could end here.

Dhiman has a look of fanatical battle lust....well a look of something

Done enough running around. Now time to engage some Vampire Headhunters. They are exhausted and in a valley. Charge!

Did not linger to kill them all. Too many enemy nearby. Charged through and up the other side of the valley.

Cat and mouse but was gaining the upper hand when the battle timer ended it. Only a 'clear victory' despite the battle odds being so against me.

My faction leader and main character lives on. The campaign continued.
    --

Here is an old friend. Seen Halie three times now. He has popped up here when this region rebelled back to its Satanic ways.

My cavalryman has an intense hatred of this fallen enemy. Long after the rest of his troop have moved away this man carries on hacking at a dead enemy.

You see this often. Soldiers fighting dead enemies. Its usually spotted when a unit you know is no where near an enemy suddenly flashes into combat mode.

Tell him to run directly away from the corpse to break off the combat.
    --

Religious unrest is an important factor in this campaign. Indeed in many BI campaigns. Here I show a just captured region.

It has 80% Satanic unrest. I need to convert the region to Buddhism quickly so Dhiman my faction leader can move on.
    Tactic is to bring up many leaders and agents. These have Buddhism conversion ratings of 5%, sometimes more. With 25% conversion from my men, and further conversion ratings from the surrounding regions, Ive got a real good 60% conversion effect. 10% Satan effect lingers so this means I can convert a net 50% of the Satanic followers to my religion. Sure enough..the 80% unrest that is flashing now is indicating unrest will go down to 40% over end of turn.

Good. My leader can move on next turn..probobly.
    --

Hey. Buddhism has become the dominant faith.

Notice ive lost one of my old regions in the east. These regions have 80% distance to capital unrest (Antioch is capital). They are big and squallor is rife. What triggerred the rebellion was money. Too much of it. I had forgotten to invest my cash surplus of €100,000 in extra buildings. So over end of turn that cash pile caused corrupting traits in governors. And the governor here had -1 law..which was enough to trigger a riot. In the riot several buildings including the temple were damaged. That caused further unrest that I could not recover from next turn. So it rebelled.

So far behind my lines my garrisons are mostly cheap spearmen.
    So a rare walltop assault is needed.

These guys will rip the rebel spearmen apart.

A rare occasion. A low level spearmen does some killing.

--

Here he is! The AntiChrist. One region left and Lucifer is here.

It is only fitting that my leader, reunited with all his relics and morale boosting followers, is here to do battle with the AntiChrist.

Forcing the gate. Two units I dont think ive shown close up before.

The AntiChrist has a huge bodyguard of the Azeal cavalry. Heavily armoured. Its the best cavalry ive seen in this mod. Massive fight going on. Lucifer hacks down one of my infantry.

The battle rages on. 11 of our units vs 1. We are losing men from all units. One on one we are no match. But we are 11 to 1. Three more units have been ordered to run around the block and to rush in from the square direction to charge into the rear. First of them is just arriving.

Lucifer is down! His Azeal bodyguard seem to freeze in stunned silence.

They fight on for a few seconds then rout. Once routing they die in a instant.
    --

The Satanae melt away with the news of Lucifers death. No regions remain in Satanae control. The Satanae are destroyed...for now.

Hooray!
    --

All that remains in my campaign is for Dhiman to visit Rome to pay his respects to his late father.
    --

We rule the seas of the eastern and central med. Here we are projecting our power into the western med. This is the fourth attack against this army carrying Spanish ship. It would take a fifth attack to sink it and drown all aboard. I love doing that.

--

The campaign is done within 50 years. Graphs show regions. I recommend using graphs throughout your campaign to work out what is happening in your world. Of course you could turn off fog of war instead.

--

12 years after the relics left Rome they return. The Holy Grail and Sword of Manjusri are with Dhiman as he marches into Rome.

The past 12 years has seen
    - The relics quickly transported from Rome to Antioch
    - Dhiman commence a crusade against Satanae.
    - Turkey and Eastern Europe rid of Satanae
    - Lucifer the AntiChrist found and killed
    - Halie Satanus rise again..and again
    - Dhiman ride into Rome to pay respects to his dead father (died aged 66)

--

So that completes my play of this excellent mod. Thanks again to the mod team for providing such an excellent extension to BI.

Cheers
    Sev

The Satanae melt away with the news of Lucifers death. No regions remain in Satanae control. The Satanae are destroyed...for now.
    I love that it worked out so well and on topic! As the mod isn't scripted I guess that shows that *something* is working!

It had some slightly strange moments in development and I think we could put that down to one as well....

Thanks for writing that up, its been very enjoyable to watch , our original testers seemed to have trouble with the Shambhala, but we didn't adjust them as we thought if the player figured out right strategy they should be able to win with them, and you've definitely proved that out.

EoD II is coming soon, and I hope you'll try that out as well.

christof139's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi Mak, I managed to kill the Anti-Christ in a battle fairly early on in the game not long after the Supreme Stinker appeared. Will he ressurect again, or do I no longer have to worry about him/it the Supreme Stinker??

Chris

The Anti-Christ is of course unique so should not reappear later... Halie on the other hand, has a habit of making a come-back

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

You can't keep a good man (or demon) down...

Ha ha ha!!! Thanx you two. I was worried that Lucifer Reincarnate may appear again, thanx for telling me he won't. As fo HS, yeah, that's a good one, and HS has reappeared again in the game, but he's moving around now so I can't keep track of him. Slippery Devil he is.

Thanx again for the info., Chris

Blog Entries

Lucifer may be gone, but have you ran into Arthur yet?? he's just as bad ass.

Now wait a minute!! Who or whatever is Arthur?? Arthur Crowley or Crawley or whatever!??!

Chris

Blog Entries

He with the big Sword, Yep we put Arthur in as a hero of Albion., Round table, Excalibur all that good stuff.

Ohhhhh, Arthur, supposed son of Uther Pendragon maybe, possibly a Romano-Sarmation, and therefore possibly a Polish fellow!!! :hmmm:

Yeah, I already played Albion but didn't finish yet. I think Arthur died too, but am not sure about that. He's got a lot of traits etc. and is powerul. Makes the game interesting.

Chris

I now Want the End Of Days as A Vampire wants blood.
    And Severous won all battles?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123