Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will CA complete Native American factions?

Default Will CA complete Native American factions?

I'm actually looking forward to playing with a ton of different Native American units more than any faction in Empire. What about you guys? Good horsemen, lots of different tribes warriors. Lots of melee units, long rifles, assassins, bow men.

Default Re: Will CA complete Native American factions?

It would be a cool feature if Native American armies were invisible right up until they were only a short distance from your settlement/army stack to represent the nature of guerilla warfare at the time.

They should also be excellent path finders and move really fast with long distances to represent their knowledge of the land and conversely european armies should move really slowly in unexplored regions
    Know that you shall die like whores and the cries of your writhings shall rise to please their lord, so before the sword, side with me in the slaughter....

I'm not sure. I just don't think, historically, these type of nations/tribes/whatever you want to call them lend themselves well to TW gameplay. I'm far from an expert but from what I know they weren't exactly the meet in a field and fight in formations sort.

No they weren't, but they were definately the ambush your expeditionary force, scalp everybody and send the bodies floating back down stream sort!

You're right tho it will be hard for CA to represent the culture given their nomadic nature, maybe they could have moving settlements? It would make sense historically ie. Tribes driven from their ancestral homeland and forced to fight other tribes for terriroty, maybe in a similar way to how hordes worked in RTW:BI?
    Know that you shall die like whores and the cries of your writhings shall rise to please their lord, so before the sword, side with me in the slaughter....

The natives should be given the option to change from there nomadic ways to more of a stationary society. Then maybe their tech tree can have more western like options like a gunsmith
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Praepositus

i like the idea of a moving settlement but how economy will be?

Mithradates's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    i like the idea of a moving settlement but how economy will be?
    And how can you conquer their territory if they have no fix settlements?

And how about the devestation cause by European disease? Thats what REALLY got the Natives - the Black Plague did to the Americas what it did to Europe a few centuries ago didn't it? To think if the situation reversed, if Natives somehow developed fleets, went to Europe, and spread some deadly American disease(say mosquitoes with Malaria, somehow someway). Now whose colonized?

king-nord's Avatar Ordinarius

The guys who slaughtered english settlers. No thanks.

Actually i would like to fight the native americans, as the english we had some good fights.

Team Paullus

Randarkmaan's Avatar Senator
    Currently on a merchant trip in the remote, barbaric lands to the North

Actually i would like to fight the native americans, as the english we had some good fights.
    The guys who slaughtered Native Americans? No one really holds the moral high ground here. But I can see why it would be complicated to have them as a faction, but I'd include them as rebel raiders and both nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes with some villages and they should have a wide array of mercenary warriors for hire, they should be expert guerilla wariors and horsemen.
    Last edited by Randarkmaan; September 03, 2007 at 05:38 PM.
    "Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right"
    "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent"
    Salvor Hardin, from Foundation by Isaac Asimov

I think its really quite funny how some people on these forums criticize atrocities perpetrated by indegenous peoples given how every single page of european history is absolutely soaked with the blood of innocents.

Quote Originally Posted by king-nord View Post

Watch your mouth!

Yeah I know, only strongest survive and winners wrote history. But **** that, I don't give a **** nor will I tolerate that.

If you didn't understood how you just flamed with that, then think before you post.

"What? Huh? Oil? Who said something about oil, ***** you cooking?"

"The United States of Space, coz I ain’t stopping at the Moon. Write this down, M… A… R… S… MARS *****es. That’s where we are going, Mars, red rocks!
    "

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

The Iroquois Confederacy should definitely be a faction.

They were very close to European culture by the 18th century - right down to using European architecture in their towns, mastering firearms and some of their more important figures even visited England.

Indefinitely Banned

It'd be nice if they included more diverse battle options that would allow for real guerilla warfare and raiding. This would need to be represented on the strat map also via some sort of "invisible" stacks if you have less than X warriors. Though it could be a challenge. But the idea of having line warfare against native americans.. seems a bit odd.

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Maybe they could make it make it into the new engine. Kinda how Peasants and other units in RTW formed a horde formation, the Native Americans could have a formation where they hide in the trees. They could fire from the trees, but not be seen from above the canopy. They would also receive a defense bonus from hiding behind trees whilst firing.

Perhaps they could also get a special ability that they can sneak through the forest and not be seen until they open fire or another unit runs into them.

Line formations just wouldn't do. This would also be a good idea for many of the militia units the Americans have. Perhaps a few other countries could get units with this ability, Coureur de Bois Militia for France, Jaegers for the Prussians/Hessians. I am not sure what the British would use.
    Last edited by Lawrence of Arabia; September 04, 2007 at 03:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

You can achieve something like a non-line formation with enough spacing and untrained quality (training only effects the neatness of a formation). Not quite enough, so I agree that a non line shaped formation would be great.

Natives should get musket sniper units or scermeshers. and very high attack melee units with a moderate defense
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by King of Axum View Post
    Natives should get musket sniper units or scermeshers. and very high attack melee units with a moderate defense
    Don't forget tanks and maybe a few F18s.

Quote Originally Posted by Пётр Быков View Post
    Don't forget tanks and maybe a few F18s.
    dont forget the lasers

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Except snipers did exist back then. They didn't have scopes, but there were snipers.
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast