Thread: Missed Hotseat Battles?

Default Missed Hotseat Battles?

I purchased Kingdoms a few days ago and I've been playing hotseat mode in most of the scenarios. However I've noticed that the human players seem to 'miss battles'. If they're attacked during a CPU turn we're not even presented with the "You're being attacked" screen - no option to autobattle or withdraw or anything, and it doesn't even tell you that you've been attacked when it comes back to your turn - I only noticed it when my prisoners were released.
    So is this a problem other people have encountered, and is it a built-in issue to the Kingdoms Expansion? When I used to alter the game files to hotseat in Medieval II I didn't encounter this problem. Is there a way I can modify Kingdoms to achieve the same result? Thanks for answers and attention.

Default Re: Missed Hotseat Battles?

Quote Originally Posted by ferzberk View Post
    I purchased Kingdoms a few days ago and I've been playing hotseat mode in most of the scenarios. However I've noticed that the human players seem to 'miss battles'. If they're attacked during a CPU turn we're not even presented with the "You're being attacked" screen - no option to autobattle or withdraw or anything, and it doesn't even tell you that you've been attacked when it comes back to your turn - I only noticed it when my prisoners were released.
    So is this a problem other people have encountered, and is it a built-in issue to the Kingdoms Expansion? When I used to alter the game files to hotseat in Medieval II I didn't encounter this problem. Is there a way I can modify Kingdoms to achieve the same result? Thanks for answers and attention.
    It's an issue with the Hotseat Scroll, I think. I had the same problem in vanilla M2 with hotseat mode, and disabling the scroll fixed it. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to disable the hotseat scroll in Kingdoms... usually, you add the line "scroll = 0" to your CFG file, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. So does anyone know how to disable the scroll, or if not, at least which CFG file defines the behavior of each of the mods? (is it medieval2.preferences, or is it something else?)