Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: - Discuss IBFD Here -

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default - Discuss IBFD Here -

IBFD 7.04 (+ IMPERIUM JULIANORUM) has been released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61497
    It can be installed over any existing IBFD7+ or on IBFD7.0

Discuss the latest INVASIO BARBARORUM here.

for IMPERIUM JULIANORUM, an IMPERIUM JULIANORUM discussion thread will be set up in the IJ sub-forum
    Last edited by Joar; August 31, 2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default Re: == IBFD 7.04 Discussion ==

Hi, I've just played Invasio Barbarorvm VII and I've found some things that were not at its' best, from my point of view.
    cheers, thank you for posting, and welcome to TWC

Too large horse unit quantity
    this has been fixed for 7.04, especially for the Steppe peoples

The Huns. It's not quite clear why they have two similar horse archers classes. Maybe the balance of armour/defence skill should be changed for one of them?
    they would become different tribes and therefore different recritment zones, I'm still not sure w/c ones, though...

In common, it's a problem playing some factions that they have too many units
    I am starting to rethink the recruitment scheme in general to be more Region based, w/c would be more realistic but w/c would, however, result in much more units per faction.
    for example: before the Alamanni would have a 'levy' unit, then a 'medium infantry' unit, then a 'heavy infantry' unit. now I'm thinking they should simply be Alamanni. the armour upgrades would make them into heavier infantry as the faction progresses.
    this would make the unit tree simpler as it would just be a couple of units, but woul also have an expanded regionalized recruiment w/c would give more units w/ same stats but only looks diferent, and can be recruited in different places.
    but then this maybe for later inceptions of the mod

The Parsarmenians. I'm not sure but maybe it's better to replace 'em with Alan caganate that ruled the Caucasus and the North of Black Sea region before the invasion of huns? The latters made alans a part of their tribal alliance but later alans became free as Danube Alans joined them. Some went to the Western Europe while some returned to the Caucasus and continued resisting the Sassanid Empire and the Eastern Roman Empire till mongols invasion.
    interesting point... maybe for a future inception of the mod...

Slavs should probably appear some more eastwards, approximately in modern Ukraine territories.
    some people consider the Veneti Slavs (though some would dispute the point) and that would put them right about where they are now. another thing we must consider is that the Slavs, at this time did not exist as a nation, they were simply several tribes who have a common origin, probably fighting amongst each other as much as other peoples. Slavic 'nations' would come much, much later.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Very very impressive - especialy IJ.

I am sure many people will impressed by it and if you are the best way to describe IB in the next month or two is the common phrase "you aint seen nothing yet".

Rio's IBFD v6 is going to be released shortly folowed by my Justinian campaign for it. There are a couple of things being planned or currently in development for IB which would be "above my pay packet" to say what they are. It suffices to say that I have been a IB fan for over a year and this is certainly the most interesting time I have seen.
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

Yay!

. I hope all these reflect my feelings right now. THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Downloaded. Played. Fell on the floor in rapture. A great big thanks to you all for your great work! I can't stress enough how much I am living IBFD in all its guises. For a late roman buff like me,, it's heaven . . .

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Congratulations Ramon and all who worked on 7.04.

Be sure to get this on the front page!

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Your release has given this saturday much value:
    1) Compliments to Mylaes new buildings SUPERB I really enjoy the addition of the cities historical over view.
    2) I tried out IJ but found the 355AD script is titled NO SCRIPTS and in the 361 script option after you activate the script (through the advisor and dismiss) she keeps popping out every time you click on a city or the faction info button???
    Very impressed with the berbers new skins ....:hmmm: tempted to start a campaign just for that.

Thanks yet again to the IBFD team for your hard work and time devoted to giving us such enjoyment from this mod
    SALUT!

And hooray the R-B get new horsies! Thanks Ramon!

I'll start up a new campaign and see if the blank free peoples unit banners issue remains.

Bravo Ramon!!! It runs like a 4 barrel 1969 Dodge Charger

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Downloaded. Played. Fell on the floor in rapture. A great big thanks to you all for your great work! I can't stress enough how much I am living IBFD in all its guises. For a late roman buff like me,, it's heaven . . .
    Glad you like it, I hope you will try an AAR about Julian's invasion of Persia (and emulate his hero Alexander!!)

Cheers

Ramon,

After having a look through the buildings it would appear that there are quite a few of the old descriptions still in the game that often just don't make sense...

EDIT: In fact I am not sure any of my corrected text is in.
    Last edited by Black Francis; September 01, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Quote Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
    Ramon,

After having a look through the buildings it would appear that there are quite a few of the old descriptions still in the game that often just don't make sense...

EDIT: In fact I am not sure any of my corrected text is in.
    eep!! well.. here comes 7.04a!

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlecat View Post
    eep!! well.. here comes 7.04a!
    Maybe, but I just found a building I had not done a description for at all.. so I will have to do that as well.... sigh.
    Last edited by Black Francis; September 01, 2007 at 09:57 PM.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Seleukos Megas's Avatar Foederatus

Ramon, well done!

Imperium Julianorum seems to have a campaign bug; once the script is activated, the advisor continues to appear as you click cities. I think you should fix this in the next patch/bugfix.

I'm LOVING the new version so far, it's looking great!
    ¡Se ve tan bueno!

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Im playing the visigoths right now and the advisor doesnt show?? how am i going to activate the script?? any help guys??

Octavius V
    Before you start a IBFD campaign you have a options folder in the main IBFD folder which contains the the sub folder titled scripts.In that folder are several script options ie 4pty and Sack of Rome, Full scripts etc.
    Full scripts while providing great historical game play do make the game unstable and lots ctds.If recommend the 4pty script for best results.
    Hope this helps.

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia View Post
    some people consider the Veneti Slavs (though some would dispute the point) and that would put them right about where they are now. another thing we must consider is that the Slavs, at this time did not exist as a nation, they were simply several tribes who have a common origin, probably fighting amongst each other as much as other peoples. Slavic 'nations' would come much, much later.
    That's true. Moreover, there is a version that Veneti Slavs mentioned by you faced so-called 'skolots' (I don't know how this word is to be written in English... but sounds so), the semi-settled tribes of later Scythians that had not been eliminated or driven out by Sarmatians. Also, I should mention that slavonic nation was unite just till the invasion of Avars in sixth century.

About Alans. If you wish, I can give you some info about their equipment, tactics and economics.
    Last edited by Orthanner; September 02, 2007 at 07:54 PM. Reason: I've forgotten. Don't want to post a new message.
    RTR VII Team member/Sarmatae archaeologist

Senor Ramon and team!

Muchas Gracias for 7.04!

hellas1- Muy Excellante!

Page 1 of 62 12345678910112651 ... LastLast