Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Kshatriya warriors - Unit preview

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: Kshatriya warriors - Unit preview

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    It's not possible geographically or in terms of manpower or capabilities. The intense difference of Chinese culture with any of our current ones would be like creating a brand new mod, needing new voices, portaits, buildings, among other things.

I really enjoy the Ancient and Medieval Chinese and consider them the most interesting of East Asian militaries (The samurai are really over-played, though I do like the Sohei Monks), but it's simply just an alltogether new ballpark to attempt. I hope the Chinese Mods in development do well, or that perhaps aspiring individuals will attempt a "Broken Crescent" of Asia, with Korea, Japan, China, Mongolia, Tibet, and maybe Central Asia and India.
    New portraits are technically possible as well as the building CAS.s and textures + building unitcard info and unit tgas.. considering the artistic and modelling skills of Strelac and Alphadelta.. If you ask me voices are not obligatory..

"The intense difference of Chinese culture with any of our current ones would be like creating a brand new mod,"

I assume apart from the possible difficulties,I think BC has a variety of cultures represented such as Rasjput states,(which aren't muslim and is very different from muslim factions) and Kingdom of Makuria as an african/Christian faction which if you ask me is really another culture.. So China wouldn't be that much a radical attempt if you ask me.

But then again as I've said it's totally up to you guys and I thank you for the time to post the reasons for it Ahiga ,to which I respect

EDIT:

Mirage:

"I would agree with it if we renamed the mod "Broken Ying Yang". But I like "Broken Crescent" a lot. "

No offense,but I think this statement explains it all by what you assume by the "East" and "Eastern Cultures" Mirage.And how "eastern" in your logic the majority of factions that will be featured in BC,while by just adding China you think that the harmony of the mod will be disturbed.Now I completely comprehend your way of thinking on the mod.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; October 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

If they included China, wouldn't they then need to include Japan? Perhaps all of India first, then Tibet.. etc.

"It's not feasible."

Indefinitely Banned

But does it fit mod's theme, purpose and scope? Of course the answer to that is a resounding 'no'.

Not to forget the fact that creating new settlements is impossible currently.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    But does it fit mod's theme, purpose and scope? Of course the answer to that is a resounding 'no'.

Not to forget the fact that creating new settlements is impossible currently.
    This particular point there is noone that can better know or decide than yourself as being the inventor of the mod.So I can say nothing about this anymore and that would be wrong.

Thanks for explaining Mirage ,I were wondering about this lately.

" Not to forget the fact that creating new settlements is impossible currently."

Ah I see.You've probably reached the region/settlement limit,I see.

EDIT:

Swarmy:

"they included China, wouldn't they then need to include Japan? "

If you ask me there is no such obligation,but imagine the Japanese samurai wielding nodachis,naginatas and katanas.. made by AD or Strelac.. That would be too much and probably someone would get a heartattack when viewing the screenies
    Last edited by Zephrelial; October 25, 2007 at 11:42 AM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Smarmy View Post
    If they included China, wouldn't they then need to include Japan? Perhaps all of India first, then Tibet.. etc.

"It's not feasible."
    Among other reasons why the line is drawn at Constantinople, and why many mods in the past drew the line either at the Hindu Kush Mountains or at the Indus river, or northern/western India. Because BC's Eastern focus extends to the Khwarezmians and the Rajputs, that line is drawn in India and western Central asia.

There was really no interaction with China in our time period militarily except between the Mongols (Emergent). The last instance of warfare between China and the Muslims that I've found was that of the Abbasids and Chinese, much closer to our part of the map than the heartlands of China. This was also somewhere around the 700s-800s.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Ah I see.You've probably reached the region/settlement limit,I see.
    I actually mean that we can't create new settlement styles (ie new buildings and models etc) because CA hasn't released the files for that yet. We haven't reached our regions limit yet.

Beauchamp's Avatar Semisalis

I think that the tibetan mercs could work:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=116
    They look wicked and could provide some good rebels to check the Rajputs.

Ma'salema
    Last edited by Beauchamp; October 25, 2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: wrong link!!

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

You're free to critique as much as you'd like anytime you want. The fantastic thing about the BC team is we won't give a crap either way!

If you haven't figured it out already the BC team don't take crap from nobody. We're doing this for fun and for creativity - not to listen to random passerby's euro-centric 'critiques'. So when you do bring the critiques home you can be assured you are completely wasting your time.

Good we agree on that, I'm glad that you guys are having fun making your mod, I can't wait to see your hard work pay off.

No really, I believe you guys are doing a great job.

I am not Euro-centric, I just so happen to believe that European weapons and armor were better of quality and design during this time period.

You can believe what you want to though.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    That's fine, just get used to being told where to shove it.

Cheers

I'm gonna let this slide because your obliviously stressed, I also wanted to apologize, I was already very upset when I read your post and that did not make me any happier.

Sorry I bashed you

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix_120 View Post
    You can believe what you want to though.
    Why, thank you!

Don't worry Fenix, you're just being 'broken in' to the BC forums. We're not really aggressive or touchy about this stuff at all. It's just sometimes we need to make sure people are aware of how certain 'judgemental' or 'demanding' attitudes will be recieved by the team.

We get enough of that at school and work, hence - as the strat map islamic generals in M2TW says "I care little of what you think of my ways, infidel...".

EDIT: Believe me Fenix, AD is not stressed at all. He just knows how to deliver a real hit, whether its great skins or great burns. So tread carefully.
    Last edited by Miraj; October 25, 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Just remember that while Mirage is the good cop, I am not only the bad cop, I am corrupt and evil aswell.

Cheers
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; October 26, 2007 at 03:39 AM.
    "I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

I've always thought of you and Mirage like that. Good cop bad cop

Quote Originally Posted by Beauchamp View Post
    I think that the tibetan mercs could work:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...&postcount=116
    They look wicked and could provide some good rebels to check the Rajputs.

Ma'salema
    Units like these would have been found in Mongol armies, and yes, after their homeland was over-run by the Mongols, as mercs. However, since BC 1.0 isn't redoing the Mongols, you will not likely see them, unless Kalos adds them to his BC add-on (hint...hint)

@Whyy

I've always thought of you and Mirage like that. Good cop bad cop
    Funny, I have always thought of them as bad cop, very bad cop

----------

Pertaining to the question about a Kris parrying:

1)Any bladed weapon can parry. If a swordsman didn't have a shield, a dagger in the off hand made a good parrying weapon.

2) I used the Kris and Flamberge as examples because they appear to be the most easily recognized weapons having a wavy/snake-like/flame-like blade. Obviously there are/were many examples of just such weapons, from spears to knives. I should have made it clear I was including them all.

Last edited by CelticPagan; October 26, 2007 at 04:46 PM.
    Former Historian & Dev Member for Broken Crescent Mod
    Dual-Major BA in Medieval History / Political Science, Adelphi University Aug. 1989
    Member of the World History Association
    Member of the Medieval Academy of America
    Member of the Richard III Society
    Member of the Society for the Study of the Crusades and Latin East
    If you like my post, please +Rep...if you dislike my post, please +REP me twice

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Why, thank you!

Don't worry Fenix, you're just being 'broken in' to the BC forums. We're not really aggressive or touchy about this stuff at all. It's just sometimes we need to make sure people are aware of how certain 'judgemental' or 'demanding' attitudes will be recieved by the team.
    I should know....
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Rajputs was on "deadliest warriors"...Sorry I had to say that

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Know R.I.P!!

And I want to add the video link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PVwbwbwHKI

Roman Centurion vs Rajput
    "A very meaningful quote of a outstandingly wise saying from a historicly boundless important person"

Famously, a curse has been attached to opening Timur's tomb. In the year of Timur's death, a sign was carved in Timur's tomb warning that whoever would dare disturb the tomb would bring demons of war onto his land. Gerasimov's expedition opened the tomb on June 19, 1941. Operation Barbarossa, the invasion of the Soviet Union by Nazi Germany, began three days later on June 22, 1941. Shortly after Timur's skeleton and that of Ulugh Beg, his grandson, were reinterred with full Islamic burial rites in 1942, the Germans surrendered at Stalingrad.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567