Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

I have implemented the 508/09 "coming of cerdic" fix
    I have implemented the 534 crash fix
    I have implemented the 547 fix -
    and I have added the FD sript made by Nicodemus (available by search in the main forum)
    - before I start a new game ( I will anyway, I usually get my ass kicked within five years which makes for short games) are there any other high priority fixes for this mod?
    This is a "helluva" mod for RTW, and while I am personally gratified that that the dev's of it are taking an interest in the MTW2 engine, the fixes I have listed above would alone make a solid final (.71) patch even if you do nothing else.
    Thanks to everyone who worked on this....
    IM2020

PS - If you are just arriving, you should implement or download all of the fixes I listed as well as the force diplomacy script in order to maximize the value of this particularly well done and original "full modification"....

Saxon wårolord's Avatar Centenarius

Icon9 Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

ok, i don't know if what i'm actually saying has been mentioned earlier but here it goes,
    I downloaded your mod yesterday, pasted the files on a new file with BI's data and the shortcut of it(in BI's data) and i made another shortcut on the desktop,when i started it, it sayed mss32.dll was missing BUT, as i previously installed europa barbarorum i already had this file and pasted it on BI...
    theni runned it again but it now says that "FAILED TO INILIASISE 3D AUDIO".
    now i don't have a clue how to solve that but please help me, i wanna play this mod today if possible(but i may be dreaming...)

Please help!:hmmm:
    Last edited by Saxon wårolord; September 13, 2008 at 07:09 AM.

Icon5 Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

is anyone there?

tthx 4 answering

not...

Here's a strange one:

I am playing Ynis Manaw and to my amazement discovered that my Faction Leader had Caledfwlch ( Arthur's Sword ) as an ancillary !

I can only assume that if Arthur is killed then the ancillary bcomes available for another British faction.

Doesn't seem to match up to the trigger in the files, but ....

Libertus

Salutations,

Just downloaded and as far as I know installed correctly and in right order all patches upto raven... so, I launch game and intro works fine, loading all smooth etc but then! when I am in main screen and moving about through the different menus like options etc the whole game is choppy. my mouse cursor is very choppy as it skits about. I have not tried to play a campaign game yet as I had no time. will try later. but I was wondering if this is a known issue? I have 2.5mhz athalon, nvidia 8800gts, and 2 gigs of RAM so im not certain it is merely a system strain... any insight? thanks!

drez

What faction is Arthur? I want to know before I start a campaign.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

"Arthur's" faction is dyfneit, but, to be honest it is very hard faction to play...

Try, for example, Rheghed, or one of the Irish factions first to get the feel of the mod, or the Picts for an different slant on it.

Then try Dyfneint...

@ Drez and others: errors with installations...I have had them, but only when not following the instructions...

Install ATW 0.6, then ATW (Raven Feeders 0.7 ) and it should work.

Slow.wierd cursor...I have had that occasionally in the menu parts, but never when I launch and play the proper game. Maybe its video card stuff, but its never stopped the game.

I intend to upgrade to/buy a faster machine soon, so maybe I will have similar issues, but really, I have never seen most of the issues reported. !

Also the last CTD I had for ATW was back in Jan 08, and that wasthe Cerdic arrival tha was fixed, so this is also v stable !

Roll on patch 0.71 !!!! ( No pressure

"Arthur's" faction is dyfneit, but, to be honest it is very hard faction to play...

Try, for example, Rheghed, or one of the Irish factions first to get the feel of the mod, or the Picts for an different slant on it.

Then try Dyfneint...
    Thanks, I will.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

i can'play campaign.

this is what say:

SCRIPT ERROR IN BI/DATA/WORLD/MAPS/CAMPAIGN/BARBARIAN_INVASION/DESCR_STRAT.TXT, AT LINE 28, COLUMM 1

EXPECTED STARR DATE OF CAMPAIGN OR BATTLE

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

One thing - I recently purchased a new computer that runs vista OS 32 (bit) and I have had no difficulty playing this mod. Generally, as of late 2008, I think we can conclude that ATW is compatible with vista...

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Okay, one thing. I have Vista but apparently that makes no difference.

Now I can get up to the main campaign menu, even into it to select a faction, but once I click on a faction and then proceed it takes me back to the menu before. After I then close the game because this happens with every try it tell me that Barbarian Invasion has stopped working.

Any ideas?

@McScottish : add -show_err -nm to the shortcut so you see the errors.

Mine looks like this "D:\ATW(RavenFeeders)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm

everything in italics.

@mrcosta:

If you open this file DESCR_STRAT.TXT in directory BI/DATA/WORLD/MAPS/CAMPAIGN/BARBARIAN_INVASION/ you should see this ( everything in bold). If it doesn't match what I have you havew a corrupt download, so either download and try again or take a risk and copy what I have onto your file:

; Custom campaign script generated by BrandonM's RTW Campaign Editor

campaign barbarian_invasion
    options bi
    playable
    huns
    goths
    sarmatians
    vandals
    franks
    saxons
    alemanni
    celts
    roxolani
    ostrogoths
    romano_british
    slavs
    burgundii
    lombardi
    sassanids
    berbers
    empire_east
    empire_west
    empire_east_rebels
    empire_west_rebels

end
    unlockable
    end
    nonplayable
    slave
    end

start_date 481 summer
    end_date 685 summer

marian_reforms_disabled
    rebelling_characters_active
    gladiator_uprising_disabled
    night_battles_enabled
    brigand_spawn_value 9999
    pirate_spawn_value 9999

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    ; >>>> start of landmarks section <<<<

sorry for the question i play as gwinedd and have changed every building for the celtic christian but i can receive no family member with this religion i now this was a bug in the past and have expected this been
    resolved because the buildings can be made again?

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

We have removed CC in the new patch because it didn't work and no one was interested enough to make it work. I suggest you download 072.

hey i have recently downloaded this and after installing i finf whenever i click on the little arrow in the menu you select to faction you want to play as i crash back to the main menu, i enabled the -show_err -nm and it told me a land mark was on an invalid tile , so i went and moved it 1 place over, this solved that but once i did the same thing again it said the a random resourse was on a bad tile after repeating this a few times i gave up any ideas on why this is happening?
    Btw i have tried completly reinstalling rome (still to no avail)

... it's been a month anyone have any clue?

hi ,first love your mod, and the music pack ! now im pretty sure there wont be a response to my bug report but here it comes. Whenever i choose quickbattle, my army spawns in the sea ,immediatley wiped out, just as the enemy .:p its fun to see and i only started quick battle,because i wanted to test if my music pack was installed,so it doesnt matter ,but here it is.