Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

BUG REPORTS:
    1. Make sure you often save your progression.
    2. When you got a CTD or an error, try to remember the latest thing you did, and if possible load your latest savegame, and retry the same thing to see if it causes the bug or CTD.
    3. Make a screenshot of the error message displayed, or of the graphical error.
    4. Report it on the forum.

It is highly advised to use some commands to help find errors.
    The most important one is -show_err. Right click on your shortcut, select properties, you will see the target of the shortcut. Add -show_err at the end of the target.

I installed Arthurian TW but still having vanilla campaign and units?
    Make sure you selected the directories inside ArthurianTW and copy them in your RTW directory, and not copying the ArthurianTW directory itself. You should have been asked to overwrite files.

I can't play neither custom battles nor campaign and I get a "please select an item from the list" message?
    Make sure you got a fresh installation of RTW Barbarian Invasion patched in version 1.6 without other mods installed.

Protection Error
    Right click your ATW shortcut, then properties and add -nm at the end of the command line. Click apply and ok, and see if it changes anything. Its supposed to disable the video which causes this error.

I got CTD when clicking on occupy/enslave or slaughter a settlement after conquered it?
    This one happens sometimes when clicking on "occupy/enslave/slaughter" after having won against an army reinforced by the settlement's garrison the player was besieging. It is not constant, and only happen when the garrison is slaughtered in the battle and can't reform an army inside the town. We haven't been able to correct it, it seems linked with harcoded issues and happens with other mods. But it can be avoided, either by:

1. Auto-resolving the battle - Auto-resolved battles tend to let more survivors in the ennemy army.
    2. Avoiding to wipe out the entire garrison in the battle.
    3. Retreating from the battle.
    4. Leaving the siege and attacking approaching stacks.
    5. Attacking a nearby stack before starting to siege the settlement. If the garrison come in this circomstance, and if you wipe out both armies you will be able to size the settlement without any issue.

Both solutions can kill a bit the gameplay. Make a proper save before such a battle. Avoid to load a quick save or an autosave when you are besieging a settlement. The bug seems to be linked with those saves, even if it haven't been confirmed either or not it happens only when loading a quick/autosave and fighting such a battle when the siege was already established.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Raven-Feeders - Bug Report

Hi Agraes,

I've got a big problem : my OS is Vista 32 and It seems that this mod isn't compatible with it. The game crash everytime after the launch of Main campaign in the menu. I know some mods are not compatible with vista.
    My game is patched with 1.6.
    I try to launch it as an administrator (it's an option in vista).*
    Maybe, It works in win98 compatibility : I try it and I report the result here.

Perhaps, it's simply too late for me...

Tomorrow, I will have Kingdoms !!!

I'm so sad because It's a fantastic mod on BI.

RTR platinum works fine in vista.

Grrrrr.....

loet66's Avatar Senator

Apparently, I have no solution to run the campaign : only custom battles works but I have no units cards.
    What's wrong in my installation ?

I don't understand...

I will try to re-install it entirely.
    Last edited by loet66; August 30, 2007 at 02:46 PM.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Are you sure you installed ATW 0.6 as well? You need 0.6 over your BI install and THEN you have to install 0.7 over 0.6

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Swabian,

Yes, I have installed 06 and then 0.7.

I follow the instructions to install this mod on a fresh install of RTW-BI patched 1.6.

It's strange...

The historical battles are not good : it's only the original battles.

Well, I'll try to reinstall It this week.

Thanks for this update.

I don’t know if it’s an error or if you haven’t implemented Celtic Churches for the Picts, but I can’t build them. I have Celtic Catholic leaders and towns, but I can’t build the churches.

In this shot you can see the unit card overlapping the corner of the Pictish UI background.

In these shots you can see a text/code error near the bottom of the unit descriptions. I believe this is common in the new units.

aye, thank you

Yes it appears the first tier church for the Picts is missing.
    edit:.. the church needs the monastery to be built and like wise the monastery needs the chruch to be built, thus causing the problem......I think..

Picts: generic building showing up in several spots shown in above pics.

Gododdin:
    2nd tier berfelawyr unit card showing the famous peasant profile
    Celtic Christian Cathedral(2nd tier) showing generic building

Alcluyd:
    Saethwyr 2nd tier unit card showing the peasant

Cant wait to sit down and enjoy a campaign. One of the best mods around to play
    Last edited by Riothamus; August 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

I’ve been playing as Picts and expansion is a nightmare. I can’t hold a province for more than 3 turns. I’m pretty sure that religious unrest/Celtic Christianity is a big part of it. Not being able to retrain my troops in a newly conquered town is also frustrating. Is there a breakdown of how the AoR works somewhere?? I'd like to know how long I have to wait to train my culture’s troops in a newly conquered town.

Unrest depicted below.

P.S. How do you post images as thumbnails?

Sorry we can't list up what you can recruit in each province. Normally you're not able to recruit your cultures units outside of its range. You have to deal with it. Use good administrators, adapt to the local religion, keep forces garrisoned there, etc. You also should conquer the Pictish rebel provinces first, they are much easier to assimilate and you're able to recruit all your units there.
    Last edited by swabian; August 31, 2007 at 09:35 PM.

I'm not asking for that. I just want some insight on how the AoR is implemented. Is the recruitment pool static and change over time or does it stay the same? What are the ranges?

“..adapt to the local religion, keep forces garrisoned there..”

I’m not allowed enough time to adapt before the province revolts, and garrisons don’t do the trick.

mhh did you try to destry their temple and build another? Well actually you should have enough money for that before you attack a town of another faction with the Picts. As i said, try to conquer the Pictish rebel provinces first. Take the free settlements in the west first, after you have stabilized your the settlements you start with. You should get around 3k income then. eventuallöy disband your fleet, etc and don't accept any guy that wants to join your family, they are expensive! Sometimes there is no option but to exterminate the populace of larger newly conquered settlements. After you have the western provinces you should fully concentrate on northern Pictland. The AoR is static of course and there is actually no need for reforms.

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Yes, the AoR is static. However if it will be harder to get some troops in Briton lands, Pictish AoR is also extended to Northern Ireland where there were pictish communities. So that is maybe a good option for your next move once all Pictland is yours.

The next big update planned, 0.8, will include vassal settlements you will be able to build here and there. In those foreign troops will be available. For exemple, conquering a province with Dyfneint you will have the choice to settle Saxons, Frisians or Frankish foederati ; or Deisi Gaels.

Played as Dyfneint when I discovered that 1200 Aulue had been spawned
    at the Arthurian TW dragon in the southwest corner of the map.

Guess that's not where they were supposed to spawn...

what the...

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

im not sure if this is bug but i was playing as seaxe and i cant recruit any troops in my towns.

That's no bug. You need 2nd level barracks in order to recruit anything with germs. Apart from that read the playing instructions.

Iótisce Eóredmaecgas (Iótas heavy cavalry bodyguard) seem to be broken. Although their description tells me they have a missile attack of 1, their javelins killed a whole unit of 70 tripple-silver chevroned Saxon bodyguard. They hurled from the front and instantly killed the general and the first ~50 men of his guard. The second volley massacred the rest. My general had no fights before, so his guard still got every hp. I know Iótisce Eóredmaecgas have to be a powerful unit, but this seems to be too much.
    This result can be easily repeated in a custom battle.

it's the body piercing attribute.. this effect is intended but it's kinda overexaggerated sometimes, i know... it's going to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Yes it appears the first tier church for the Picts is missing.
    edit:.. the church needs the monastery to be built and like wise the monastery needs the chruch to be built, thus causing the problem......I think..

Picts: generic building showing up in several spots shown in above pics.

Gododdin:
    2nd tier berfelawyr unit card showing the famous peasant profile
    Celtic Christian Cathedral(2nd tier) showing generic building

Alcluyd:
    Saethwyr 2nd tier unit card showing the peasant

Cant wait to sit down and enjoy a campaign. One of the best mods around to play

I think you have it wrong my friend. Notice that the Monastery needs a Christian church, while the CELTIC Christian church needs a CELTIC HERMITAGE. Remember that Christianity (Roman Catholic) is a different religion from Celtic Christianity, and so they have different buildings

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast