1. Make sure you often save your progression.
2. When you got a CTD or an error, try to remember the latest thing you did, and if possible load your latest savegame, and retry the same thing to see if it causes the bug or CTD.
3. Make a screenshot of the error message displayed, or of the graphical error.
4. Report it on the forum.
It is highly advised to use some commands to help find errors.
The most important one is -show_err. Right click on your shortcut, select properties, you will see the target of the shortcut. Add -show_err at the end of the target.
I installed Arthurian TW but still having vanilla campaign and units?
Make sure you selected the directories inside ArthurianTW and copy them in your RTW directory, and not copying the ArthurianTW directory itself. You should have been asked to overwrite files.
I can't play neither custom battles nor campaign and I get a "please select an item from the list" message?
Make sure you got a fresh installation of RTW Barbarian Invasion patched in version 1.6 without other mods installed.
Right click your ATW shortcut, then properties and add -nm at the end of the command line. Click apply and ok, and see if it changes anything. Its supposed to disable the video which causes this error.
I got CTD when clicking on occupy/enslave or slaughter a settlement after conquered it?
This one happens sometimes when clicking on "occupy/enslave/slaughter" after having won against an army reinforced by the settlement's garrison the player was besieging. It is not constant, and only happen when the garrison is slaughtered in the battle and can't reform an army inside the town. We haven't been able to correct it, it seems linked with harcoded issues and happens with other mods. But it can be avoided, either by:
1. Auto-resolving the battle - Auto-resolved battles tend to let more survivors in the ennemy army.
2. Avoiding to wipe out the entire garrison in the battle.
3. Retreating from the battle.
4. Leaving the siege and attacking approaching stacks.
5. Attacking a nearby stack before starting to siege the settlement. If the garrison come in this circomstance, and if you wipe out both armies you will be able to size the settlement without any issue.
Both solutions can kill a bit the gameplay. Make a proper save before such a battle. Avoid to load a quick save or an autosave when you are besieging a settlement. The bug seems to be linked with those saves, even if it haven't been confirmed either or not it happens only when loading a quick/autosave and fighting such a battle when the siege was already established.