View Poll Results: Which Faction should we play as??

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Saxons

6 42.86%
  • The Franks

6 42.86%
  • The Vandals

2 14.29%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian Invasion Sucession Campagin

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Default Barbarian Invasion Sucession Campagin

I am starting a Barbarian Invasion sucession campagin, each person will play a reasonable ammount of time and then pass it on, I would like at least 5 people before I begin. We will play on H/H.

Please do not vote in the poll anymore as we have already decided on playing as the Franks, just let it close...

Players-

-Axeman<<<currently has save(this is for refference)
    -Severous
    -Kamos32
    -Bernard L Black

Ok!!!! We have enough people now w00!
    Last edited by Axeman; September 20, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Hussarknight's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Barbarian Invasion Sucession Campagin

You should cut down the number of turns. 10 turns is a lot, and it will take a long time for the save to come back to the first player. The campaign could very well be completed before everyone has had the campaign.

I don't feel like joining in. But I'll let you know if I change my mind.

i wanna be other faxtion not that
    "Hoti to kratisto" - Alexander of Macedon

Severous's Avatar Biarchus

Yes please.

h/h is fine. Harder the better.

V1.6
    Large or Huge scale

All I ask is its kept moving. Dont think anyone should have to wait weeks for their next turn.
    Regards
    Severous

Did my part in a Franks BI Succession campaign:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=118689
    Played a Mod called "End of Days" Picture based AAR is here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116509
    From last year. Final turn of vh/vh Egyptian campaign
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54262

I'm kinda interested but not sure. Danger with me is that I have problems keeping my attention at one thing. Last time I played a swap campaign was with RTWH (Severous probably remembers) and I couldn't really hold my attention to that. Worse Kingdoms is coming out and so is World in Conflict.
    I'm willing to try and participate but I don't want to keep other people waiting if I lose interest, so if that failes I'll bail out.
    Anyways, count me in for the moment and we'll see how it goes.
    Every time you :wub:, god kills another kitten.
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

I'm in, sign me up. The Franks. They're easier.

I'll play if its the Franks or Saxons.

Ok adding people to the list now....

Ok---I am begining a Frankish unmodded BA Campagin campagin now, and we will see how it goes!
    Last edited by Axeman; August 31, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

OK, will we do AAR's on each play of the campaign?
    If you're gonna hire Machete to kill the bad guy, you better make damn sure the bad guy isn't YOU!

'I understand, and I take the light into my soul. I will become the spear of Khaine. Lightning flashes, blood falls, death pierces the darkness.' , Dhrykna.

Yes - but keep it simple. I will, it'll be the first one I do.

Sorry for the hold up everybody, I had to deal with some real life highschool studying, so I only got a couple of turns on the Frankish Campagain, but I will continue now

So the story of the Franks begins, and it is not an easy one to tell.

Sorrounded by enemies they know they have a difficult time ahead of them, the Alemani to the south, Saxons to the north, Lombarians and Burgundians to the East, and the Western Roman Empire to the West. Knowing that staying there could mean a violent a turbulent end to their ancestry the wisemen of the village elect to leave thier homelands, and head for new ones, so after making the necesscary preperations and burning thier own home to the ground rummaging anything they can they head west, to Gaul.

After the crushing victories by the split Frankish forces at cities along the Rhine they head west to sack Samodroviba, and then continue to move south, where they encounter a heavily gaurded city, that will indeed be a tough battle.

With siege equipment completed the franks move in after the wall is destroyed, and after a great many deaths on both sides the city falls.

With another Roman City sacked the Franks move Southwest to the last major Roman City in interior Gaul, and encounter little ressitance and easily sack the settlement.

Now with most of Gaul shatered the Frankish wisemen elect to move southeast into Iberia, until they meat the Largest Roman Field force they have yet, and then if that wasnt enough it has itself anchored on a river, and ANOTHER roman army moved to intercept the Frankish rear, limiting thier possibilites for moving north.

With the Pyrenees to the South and West, and Romans to the North and East a decisive victory is needed for the franks to continue, and find a new home...

Here is link for save file---
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1587
    Last edited by Axeman; September 02, 2007 at 07:39 PM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

I'm going to be pretty busy can you bump me down the list?

Hi.

Well done.

That puts me next in the succession.

We are a horde. Cool.

Ive downloaded the save and see the exact same position as you show in the last screenshot.

I am off to bed now but will play tomorrow. I will have an update here in 25 hours time. I can only play a few hours each evening during week days. Can I have two days please?

Who goes next after me and when can you play? It would be good to agree when I pass it over so you can jump stright in and continue.

Sev
    Regards
    Severous

Sure, you just post screenshots!

Oh and Kamos will go after you, then we will continue in order.
    Last edited by Axeman; September 02, 2007 at 07:41 PM.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Looking good so far, never horded with the Franks though. Any idea where we are going?

I was heading towards Iberia and then going to cross into North Africa and re-settle in Carthage like the Vandals lol

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

Just about to play a few hours.

I plan to scout Spain..might settle there. Africa is too hot and far for my liking.

Update later.
    Regards
    Severous

Here is a small update as ive work early tomorrow.

Our Frank horde routed one WRE army near a bridge in Gaul.

It then headed south through the pass into Iberia. A fort was constructed as a future line of defense and to guard against another WRE army that had followed us.

The main Frank horde battled a full garrison at Terraco. After the loss of 200+ brave Franks the troops were in no mood for kindness. They were bad boys. The city was sacked with looting and pilliging. Much damage to buildings.

Ive merged multiple weak units together. We can fit into about three full stacks now.
    --

Ive decided Im going to settle Iberia tomorrow evening. So I need to get rid of that persuing WRE army. We dont wait for a siege. A selected force take on the Romans in the pass. In winter the snow favours the barbarians. At night...fearsome.... (+1 command)

We spent a while moving our army along a flank and gaining the high ground. After a few skirmishes the Romans advanced heavy infantry uphill..in the dark..in the snow..under a hail of arrows..and flanked by Frankish cavalry waiting their opportunity. The armoured Romans didnt flinch..but their unarmoured mercenary golden band did...

A battlefield view. Its nearly all over. WRE exhausted and wavering. Its archers routing and cavalry gone.

When heavy infantry realises it cant run down skirmishing archers it will often turn back. Turning your back on archers is not a good idea. A salvo of flaming arrows had just landed on this undamaged and heavily armoured unit. They routed before loosing a single man.

--

Settlement of the Franks tomorrow then I hand it over to the next player for a really tough time. Save game will back here in 24 hours time. Next player get ready to take over. Cheers.
    Last edited by Severous; September 04, 2007 at 02:06 PM.
    Regards
    Severous

Thats creepy, I finished playing a different frankish campagin and I had a scanerio almost exactly like that, and In Iberia also....

Anyway, good job!

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him

I have finished my turns. Over to the next player now.

I promised to settle tonight and to pass the game on. SO thats what im doing. Its a bit scary having all those Romans nearby...but then its not me going to do the fighting. Lots of lovely sally battles coming up I think.

Overall here are the three regions settled on the same turn. Ive played one end of turn since settled. Repaired all the damaged buildings. In that turn Cartho Nova rioted. Its going to be uncontrollable. And the WRE besiege another city.

Ive got some stats of how the hording process worked. I will do some analyasis and add a summary later in the week.

The saved game is available HERE to download:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1591

Good luck, A difficult few turns ahead. Pull the fledgling Frank nation around...or horde up again.....yours (or the WRE) choice.

Cheers. Sev
    Last edited by Severous; September 04, 2007 at 05:52 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast