Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Please keep your posts civil here, and refrain from flaming other members. Thank you.
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

I have install retorfit mod 1.0, but Grand campaign dosn't work ??? why??

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    I have install retorfit mod 1.0, but Grand campaign dosn't work ??? why??
    Uh, a little more information please. Do you have Kingdoms installed? Did you apply any other mods? What's your OS?

Uh, a little more information please. Do you have Kingdoms installed? Did you apply any other mods? What's your OS?
    yes, I have instal Kingdoms, after that I have instaled retrofit mod as in instruction was wrote... but custom battle work as usual and grand campaign not work...

Did you apply any other mods?
    what you mean... ?

I mean, do you have any other M2TW mods installed? IF you do they may be interfering with your install of Retrofit.

Try doing a complete uninstall and then reinstalling.

I mean, do you have any other M2TW mods installed?
    I had Grand campaingn mod, but I uninstal it before instal the retrofit mod. ... but retrofit's imperial campaign not work again...

@Tadzreuli:

I had Grand campaingn mod, but I uninstal it before instal the retrofit mod. ... but retrofit's imperial campaign not work again...
    This is what is probably causing the issues. If you are using the "Grand Unit Addon Mod (for Retrofit)" or the "Kingdoms Units Add-on for Retrofit" you may need to manually remove any left over files before installing the Retrofit Mod. I am not certain of the details since I did not develop these add-on mods, but after uninstalling, you may need to delete the "[m2tw path]\mods\retrofit" directory before installing the Retrofit Mod.

Some of these unit add-on mods created by other modders modify the base installaion of the Retrofit Mod. If you have trouble with these add-on mods, please post in the appropriate add-on mod threads.

I hope this helps,

Unspoken Knight

thank you, I try this way...

...... o, no...... I tried, without "units" add-ons mod, simple retrofit mod 1.0, but campaign game not work again....

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    ...... o, no...... I tried, without "units" add-ons mod, simple retrofit mod 1.0, but campaign game not work again....
    Did you manually delete the 'Retrofit' mod folder after uninstalling? Your earlier post stated that you had previously installed a unit add-on mod. This probably left residual files in the Retrofit Mod folder. Please delete the entire Retrofit Mod folder "[m2tw path]\mods\retrofit" before reinstalling it.

Unspoken Knight

Hey There!

Just got Kingdoms today, and instantly downloaded this mod. Been trying to get kingdoms and the retrofit mod to work in window mode, but I don't seem to be having any luck. I pulled it off for the vanilla MTW2 with .cfg and.bat files, but I don't know what Im doing wrong here. Can someone help? Thanks IN advance =)

You will need to edit the retrofit cfg file:

"[m2tw path]\mods\retrofit\medieval2.retrofit.cfg"

Unspoken Knight

[video]
    ## run game in windowed mode
    # windowed = true
    ## disable movies
    # movies = false

It's already on "true"...and I've been using the .bat instead of the desktop shortcut. Any ideas?

You need to remove the '# ' comment characters from the front of the entry.

i.e. change:

# windowed = true

to

windowed = true

Unspoken Knight

nemr's Avatar Miles

do i can apply mtw2 mods ((tlr,bbb, ....etc)) in this mod....??

Quote Originally Posted by nemr View Post
    do i can apply mtw2 mods ((tlr,bbb, ....etc)) in this mod....??
    not all will be compatible but yes, in theory it should work.

make backups before trying in case it doesn't.

report here how you go.

Be careful adding other mods to the Retrofit Mod. If the mod you are adding contains any files that the Retrofit Mod also uses, your new mod files will over-write the Retrofit Mod, which may destroy features of the Retrofit Mod, introduce instability in your game, or cause the Retrofit Mod to stop working entirely.

Adding mods to other mods usually requires an advanced modding knowledge and I personally don't recommend it, unless the mod you are adding was intentionally designed for the mod you are adding it to. In my opinion, it's best to pick a mod you like and stick with it, or, start learning how to mod yourself.

This retrofit mod uses only vanilla files M2K & M2TW, and some editing to make M2TW compatible with M2K exe.
    The only issues faced when installing a M2TW based mod over retrofit is the possibility that the new mod files do not include the M2K entries needed for the M2K exe to run the game.

True, but, again, you want to make sure that the mod you are installing does not include text files that Retrofit mod uses...if you install your new mod over Retrofit, and it includes, for example, a new EDU (maybe to add a new unit or something), you'll wipe out all the balance changes that Unspoken Knight included in the Retrofit Mod. This is just an example, but, I hope you see my point: You can't just directly install a mod onto another mod and expect it to work perfectly, unless the two mods have no common files between them.