Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

@Unspoken Knight. Thanks for the responses. I've now got my hands on a copy of Kingdoms and it looks fairly straightforward to port things across using the Retrofit files as a base.

@Candelarious
    I agree there should always remain a verison of the Retrofit mod that is just a simple port of the GrandCampaign into Kingdoms.

However, having said that, able modders like Unspoken Knight might be willing to make more advanced versions (who knows, he may have already...)? Such mods, if created, shouldn't replace the vanilla port. Instead they would be better existing as entirely separate entities. There are so many cool additions in Kingdoms, such as stone-walled forts, culture, hero abilities, new strat/battle map models, and plenty of new units, that I'm sure there's an equal demand for a version of the GC with these included. This shouldn't be discouraged just because you want your vanilla only option. Whether Unspoken Knight does this, is entirely up to him. His mods are polished and professional and personally I'd love it if he did; however, if he doesn't wish to, then I'm sure somewhere down the line someone else will...

Regards

I realise that DrJambo and agree 100%. My only point was that THIS version of his mod should be for people like me who just want the vanilla game with the Kingdom's enhancements, ie, an unofficial patch for the GC.

I just got Kingdoms, loaded a game, played a while and thought "hmm i wonder if anyone is working on a mod to make some of these features work in vanilla..." turns out that not only is it being worked on but its already released!.
    fine job!

plz delete this
    Last edited by Rumpletumpskin; September 01, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: mispost

Great Job!

Just wonderin Unspoken ....its it possible to carry the new units & permanent forts (not neccisarily stone ones) over from Kingdoms to GC? .........and also perhaps make the Jerusalem & tripolii units availible to the faction that controls the Holy Land? .....I'm not askin u to do this (though if u did it would be very cool..) at all just wonderin?

Much praise and gratitude to Unspoken Knight for supplying the patch part of the patchspansion. Only one thing remains, in my mind, and that is to integrate this mod and Spurius's BigMap. Is that a possibility? Are there any hidden conflicts, or is it something that can be done fairly straightforwardly by a novice modder? Thoughts?

Could you add to this mod the changes to gunpowder units? They don't change files to fire/reload anymore in the Americas. Or is that change already in?

wait wait wait... so I can't patch my GC if i have Kingdoms??
    say it ain't so!

@spartan220:

Just wonderin Unspoken ....its it possible to carry the new units & permanent forts (not neccisarily stone ones) over from Kingdoms to GC? .........and also perhaps make the Jerusalem & tripolii units availible to the faction that controls the Holy Land? .....I'm not askin u to do this (though if u did it would be very cool..) at all just wonderin?
    I am sure it is possible. I may in fact be looking into some of these items for a future version of the Custom Campaign Mod.

@Pode:

Much praise and gratitude to Unspoken Knight for supplying the patch part of the patchspansion. Only one thing remains, in my mind, and that is to integrate this mod and Spurius's BigMap. Is that a possibility? Are there any hidden conflicts, or is it something that can be done fairly straightforwardly by a novice modder? Thoughts?
    Again, I am sure it would be possible. I haven't had a look at Spurius' BigMap mod files so would not know what is involved. If there are no conflicts, or the conflicts are minor, it shouldn't be too difficult to merge them together.

@ShadowGladius:

Could you add to this mod the changes to gunpowder units? They don't change files to fire/reload anymore in the Americas. Or is that change already in?
    I am not certain if these chanes are in. I have taken unit data changes (in the EDU) from across all 4 Kingdoms mods. If these changes are contained in the EDU, chances are that I have included them.

@Wolfiefang:

wait wait wait... so I can't patch my GC if i have Kingdoms??
    say it ain't so!
    I am a little confused by your question. My Retrofit Mod is designed to be installed to a valid Kingdom installation and Kingdoms shouldn't affect the ability to patch the GC.

Unspoken Knight

Just a heads up to everyone. My lovely wife is currently 3 days overdue with our baby. This means that at any time I might have to leave the forums and may not be able to offer support for my mods for a few weeks. If I am able, I will try and pop in occasionally to discuss any major issues or questions.

Thankyou for your understanding,

Unspoken Knight

p.s. If you haven't done so already, please try out my mods. These have been personal projects of mine and I hope that other players and modders have as much fun with them as I have had creating them. If you really like my mods, don't forget to rate them in the downloads section .
    Last edited by Unspoken Knight; September 03, 2007 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspoken Knight View Post
    @Pode:
    Again, I am sure it would be possible. I haven't had a look at Spurius' BigMap mod files so would not know what is involved. If there are no conflicts, or the conflicts are minor, it shouldn't be too difficult to merge them together.
    Unspoken Knight
    It's essentially just a simple map transplant, totally barebones except for the extra provinces. Should be a snap.

@unspoken knight
    Best wishes to your wife and the virtuell baby

DLV works fine with your mod and the new kingdoms.exe ! Thanks for your efforts.

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Has anyone tried this with STEAM yet? When I try to run the installer it says I'm still running 1.2 so I haven't tried to let it continue yet.

@Unspoken

that would be the awesomest if u could!
    ty for makin mods and stuff very apprieciative I am

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by DrJambo View Post
    However, having said that, able modders like Unspoken Knight might be willing to make more advanced versions (who knows, he may have already...)? Such mods, if created, shouldn't replace the vanilla port. Instead they would be better existing as entirely separate entities. There are so many cool additions in Kingdoms, such as stone-walled forts, culture, hero abilities, new strat/battle map models, and plenty of new units, that I'm sure there's an equal demand for a version of the GC with these included. This shouldn't be discouraged just because you want your vanilla only option. Whether Unspoken Knight does this, is entirely up to him. His mods are polished and professional and personally I'd love it if he did; however, if he doesn't wish to, then I'm sure somewhere down the line someone else will...
    i try to find the castles from the teutonic campaign, but i can't. the modles are easy to find and use in vanilla.

this is my new general for the HRE
    http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/176/0000lv7.jpg
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Does this mod works with the italian version of the game? If not, can someone please tell me a legal source to translate my game in the english version? Thanks in advance.
    Teutonic Hochmeister skin bug on campaign map fixed --> http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127010

Quote Originally Posted by Spurius View Post
    It's essentially just a simple map transplant, totally barebones except for the extra provinces. Should be a snap.
    Color me clueless, but I've been playing other stuff lately and what little modding skill I did have has atrophied away. What's involved in a simple map transplant?

Congrats, UK, on your impending heir. Sleep now while you still can

@Sommo James:

Does this mod works with the italian version of the game?
    Yes (in theory). I have designed the Retrofit Mod to install localised audio and text versions for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Polish, Czech and Japanese versions of M2TW: Kingdoms. However, there are 3 issues to be aware of:

- the installer package itself is in english
    - the mod has not been exhaustively tested for every language
    - the 4 custom battle map names have not been translated

@Pode:

What's involved in a simple map transplant?
    I think Spurius means you can just copy his BigMap imperial campaign files over the ones in the Retrofit Mod (always back up files before overwriting them of course).

@Erithtotl:

Has anyone tried this with STEAM yet? When I try to run the installer it says I'm still running 1.2 so I haven't tried to let it continue yet.
    I believe there are two issues with getting the mod to run on a Steam version of Kingdoms:

1) The Retrofit Mod installer validates the M2TW version number in the registry and checks that a kingdoms executable file exists in the M2TW install path. These may be different for a Steam version of Kingdoms. You can try and modify the registry version and create a dummy kingdoms executable at your own risk.

2) I am not yet sure of the process for launching kingdoms mods for a Steam version of Kingdoms. It will probably be similar to launching mods for a Steam version of M2TW. You can read about running mods in Steam M2TW in the following M2TW "Steam and mods" thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86236

Unspoken Knight

Warriorset's Avatar Miles

Thanks a lot for this mod!
    Last edited by Warriorset; September 04, 2007 at 08:30 AM.