Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

Default Re: Retrofit Mod 1.0 Released

I bought the gold edition on steam, and to my surprise i can't play hotseat in the grand campaign. So i was thinking about downloading this mod, does it still work? Ive read a few post saying there was a trojan in the file, is it still the case? Is the installation simple? Also, i love the vanilla campaign as it is, i only want this mod to be able to play hotseat with friends. So my biggest concern is, are the changes to the base game noticeable?

Sorry for asking so many questions, and thanks in advance for anyone who would take the time to read me.

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

No there is no virus. just paranoid antiviruses. No it doesn't modify almost anything from vanilla, but there should be a changelog you can check somewhere, I think mongol units have upkeep now so they can't have lots of stacks that don't cost anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipman View Post
    No there is no virus. just paranoid antiviruses. No it doesn't modify almost anything from vanilla, but there should be a changelog you can check somewhere, I think mongol units have upkeep now so they can't have lots of stacks that don't cost anything anymore.
    My antivirus won't let me download it xD. So i guess i should turn it off, download the mod, then turn it back on again? Also, i have the steam version of the game, so the kingdom.exe is no more. Will it cause a problem? And lastly, do you know where i could find the changelog?
    Thanks in advance

When i download it with internet explorer, nothing happens. So then, I decided to download it with Mozilla Firefox. It worked but when i click on it, it doesnt even open. The only mod i have downloaded so far is Third Age total war and I had no problem with it but other than that, i dont have any experience with mods. Could you recomand me anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    So after downloading the mod from TWC and trying to launch the installer, AVG wouldn't let me because there supposedly is a trojan horse in it... So it's not only Chrome that's blocking it. Just thought to let you know...
    It's Chrome, Firefox and AVG who warn you for it. AVG even saying it's a known trojan horse. So, I don't trust that file.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    It's Chrome, Firefox and AVG who warn you for it. AVG even saying it's a known trojan horse. So, I don't trust that file.
    Yeah my antivirus wouldnt even let me download it. Anyway do you know any alternatives to play hotseat in the grand campaign? Because i bought the game on steam and the traditionnal methods doesnt work.

Tanks in advance

WARNING: The file contains a virus

Is there any chance someone can upload the installed files? I cant get the mod to install because in cant detect the Kingdoms. But as far as I can see, you dont really need the installer. So I would like to ask someone to zip the installed files and upload it to somewhere so I can make it work.

Not sure what Happened to my post that answered this but I uploaded the file that doesn't contain a virus here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/cn...trofit_1_0.exe

I understand that this mod includes unit rebalancing so does anybody know if that also means zwei handlers and dismounted gothic knights have better stats to where they are actually useful like in the kingdoms expansion? So like would these units have effective against armor stat like in kingdoms?

I got a question : How do you unlock the other factions ? I just finished a short campaign with England, but the only playable factions remains the starting ones.

Edit : oops, sorry for the up.

Edit 2 : Managed to fix it.
    Last edited by Green Partizan; December 21, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

is this compatible with patch 5.2?
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

The download works but than tells me it cannot find a valid med 2 folder. I have med 2 on steam do i need to use a disk download of the vanilla game?
    “Its been said that when human beings stop believing in god they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse, they believe in anything.”
    Malcolm maggeridge

Doesn´t works with Win 10

Hey folks, been having a lot of the same issues as you, trying to get retrofit to work on Steam due to the 2014 update. Would highly recommend you guys check out the Steam threads, including mine:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/4700/...8512741152733/

Foederatus

Is this mod still in developement or dead?

if you guys want the link for the retrofit mod then I have a working link for you... here it is... https://www.moddb.com/mods/souvereig...r/downloads/sp

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The download link in the OP is still valid, it's actually spot #3 in the all time downloads list of TWC.

But thanks for finding that mirror.

I managed to install the mod successfully on Windows 10 running the Steam version of the Medieval 2 Definitive edition.

First, I downloaded the mod from moddb because that file does not trigger any antivirus warnings which is concerning because it makes the virus warning for the file on twcenter more legit.
    Next, I had to copy and rename medieval2.exe to kingdoms.exe
    I manually copied the saves from vanilla to the mod folder
    Then I am able to launch the mod and continue my campaign.

But the main reason for my post is that I have a gameplay issue:
    I have the Master Swordsmith Guild which gives +1 weapons and +1 cavalry experience (global effect), have retrained some units there (before using the mod) and now and retraining units is not working properly:
    - I cannot retrain the upgraded units in other castles if I have the mod active, I get "No more units of this type available for retraining".
    - Also, some units that are not full don't even appear in the retrain list (e.g. I have 30/40 cavalry and it doesn't show as needing retraining")
    - Units that should not show in the list of retraining (full health & upgrades), appear in the list but are grayed out.

Googling returns only the obvious causes for vanilla, but nothing about the issue with this mod.

And just to be clear, if I copy may save to Vanilla and load the game, the issues are gone.
    (The castle can and has units in the pool, I can create new ones, but cannot retrain the ones upgraded by the Guild)

How to fix this?
    I edited the export_descr_buildings.txt file to make both effects of the guild global, and this added a few more units to the retraining option, but still cannot retrain them all.

I want to benefit from the balancing and gameplay changes (don't care about multiplayer), but this issue is a showstopper. I don't get how nobody else encountered this in the campaign.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213