Thread: New name for the Flag of the USA

Default New name for the Flag of the USA

I suggest that we from now on, in representation of State and Citizen sovereignty, and in the honor of the rights of the State and the people of, we from now on refer to the Flag of the United States of America, be now known as the Flag of the Federal Government. Which does not represent the State or the Citizens. Nor does honor the States nor its Citizens.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: New name for the Flag of the USA

Yes great way to inspire love of ones country. NOT!
    according to exarch I am like
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
    I suggest that we from now on, in representation of State and Citizen sovereignty, and in the honor of the rights of the State and the people of, we from now on refer to the Flag of the United States of America, be now known as the Flag of the Federal Government. Which does not represent the State or the Citizens. Nor does honor the States nor its Citizens.
    ok whats the point of this post?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense...
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Actually, I do like that.

Except it's easier to say, "Stars and Stripes"
    Last edited by Vladimir Lenin; August 28, 2007 at 09:51 PM.
    "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -William Lloyd Garrison

"The end may justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end." -Leon Trotsky

LSJ's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My censor fails to detect the point of this registered-user generated thread.

Interestingly the "Flag of the USA" is not the flag of the USA, but the flag of the US Military and its interests, for civilian and governmental purposes there is a civil flag with vertical stripes, but it feel out of use after the civil war, though it is still one of the official flags. Every so often someone will be harassed for defacing the flag when they choose to fly it, which i find hilarious.

You mean this one?

That would be it.
    I have nothing against the womens movement. Especially when Im walking behind it.

Sidmen's Avatar Mangod of Earth

Meh, I would rather have a flag with red and blue stripes, with a star for each state in a corner square of black with white stars.... But thats just me.
    "For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!"

~Sidmen, Member of the House of Wilpuri, Patronized by pannonian

Interestingly the "Flag of the USA" is not the flag of the USA, but the flag of the US Military and its interests, for civilian and governmental purposes there is a civil flag with vertical stripes, but it feel out of use after the civil war, though it is still one of the official flags. Every so often someone will be harassed for defacing the flag when they choose to fly it, which i find hilarious.
    They are both the flags of the USA. There isn't some conspiracy theory behind a military junta because we use the Stars and Stripes as the flag for the whole nation instead of the Customs flag with its vertical stripes.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

For the Republicans: The Stars and Gay Bars.
    Patronized by happyho in the Legion of Rahl
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Debs
    The Republican and Democratic parties, or, to be more exact, the Republican-Democratic party, represent the capitalist class in the class struggle. They are the political wings of the capitalist system and such differences as arise between them relate to spoils and not to principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiljan View Post
    Yes great way to inspire love of ones country. NOT!
    "The state is the coldest of all cold monsters, and cold is the lie that creeps forth out of its mouth: 'I, the state, am the people.' But the state lies in all tongues of good and evil, and all it says is a lie, and all it has it has stolen."

Don't you see that Poisoner is a patriot? A real one, in the positive sense. "My country, right or wrong." That is no patriotism. That is following orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Sétanta View Post
    They are both the flags of the USA. There isn't some conspiracy theory behind a military junta because we use the Stars and Stripes as the flag for the whole nation instead of the Customs flag with its vertical stripes.
    Yes they are both flags, so i was right in saying it is not THE Flag of the United States. I didn't think it was a conspiracy or anything, just sharing some kind of obscure trivia.

As long as there is still a flag, what is it to change a name? The flag could still use various names to different people.

Kiljan Arslan's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by PacSubCom View Post
    "The state is the coldest of all cold monsters, and cold is the lie that creeps forth out of its mouth: 'I, the state, am the people.' But the state lies in all tongues of good and evil, and all it says is a lie, and all it has it has stolen."

Don't you see that Poisoner is a patriot? A real one, in the positive sense. "My country, right or wrong." That is no patriotism. That is following orders.
    I'm not my country right or wrong if I was I'd be aying stay the course in iraq and support the free market and all that ****, I am not one of those peolpe I support my Ideaology just like he supports his.
    according to exarch I am like
    Quote Originally Posted by Exarch View Post
    sure, the way fred phelps finds christianity too optimistic?

Simple truths
    Did you know being born into wealth or marrying into wealth really shows you never did anything to earn it?
    btw having a sig telling people not to report you is hilarious.