Thread: Star Trek: Total War

Default Star Trek: Total War

I'm new to the forums so i'm not sure if this post is in the proper forum. . I was wondering if anybody has created a star trek themed mod, that seams like something that you could do, the species, star maps, solar systems, units, and buildings are all there, the only difficult thing would be what to do with 3d or 2d space battles.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Default Re: Star Trek: Total War

As far as I am aware no one has tried this and i cant see it working either tbh several have tried star wars and those have gone belly up
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

A Star Trek mod sounds like a good idea yet I would have to say that there isn't a good chance that it would work as well as you might envision. Star Trek, as far as I know, has millions of planets, you would need to dedicate your resources to one small section of the galaxy to be able to do anything. This would leave out some very popular races unless they happen to be invading that certain quadrant.

Yet if you were to do it, go for it!

it is possible i just don't think it would be very 'real' looking or 'feeling' for that matter.

the strat map is played on a 2d plane and would 'feel' silly...

Yes, it would be hard to simulate real space combat on a 2d plane. Though the space battles could be auto resolve and the planetary conflicts be fought.
    Last edited by PolskaLancer; August 29, 2007 at 03:39 PM.

Though you could always have space battles be auto resolve and just have planetary conflict be fought,

The Good's Avatar the Bad and the Ugly

This would be a great idea. I think Empire: Total War could be used to make this, because of the Naval Battles. The Modders can try to turn the naval battles, into space battles by making the ocean (water) look black, like space! That would work.

The Dominion Wars would be a good bet, with shifting alliances, developing technology such as the Quantum Torpedo and the Breen Energy Draining Device and a tightly confined area of operations.

preselectlee's Avatar Libertus

Get galactic civilizations 2

there are Star trek mods for that if you like that kind of thing