Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss...UNIFORMS!!!

Ged's Avatar Miles

Default Re: What I'd love to see about uniforms

That would be uber. Very uber.

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

If it's as the Sim game, I could transform each soldiers in rasta, surfer, rock star etc in each regiment, it would be fantastic.
    Imagine the next TW will be Barby Total War, it will be incredible (at the condition that Matel won't externalize the game to the China CA team )

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

sounds like close combat...... indy men gained experience and medals as they progressed. Also in close combat a cool feature was that you could re-name squads and houses.

So say a MG squad does well and I want to remember them the next time they are in battle. I rename them "Destraex Elite Fusilliers" or something.
    When you mouse over them on the field the name comes up and you think to yourself, there is my favorite unit from all my armies... I must preserve them as they have done great deeds ....

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Default Re: Let's discuss...UNIFORMS!!!

Why not just assign the historical numbers and names? The information's all out there for the Euro factions.

Uhlans means lancers armed with lance of the length 2,75m, curved sables and pistols. In Army of Duchy of Warsaw there existed ten uhlans regiments. Regiments 2nd, 3rd and 6th were formed in years 1806-1807. During Galician campaign and after its finishing there were formed also regiments No. 7th, 8th, 9th, 11th, 12th, 15th and 16th. moreover during campaign of 1812 there were also formed regiments 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th and 21st.
    Uniforms of uhlans were different and only some regiments wore on the caps the shields with the "half of the sun". There had not been also decorated the caps with the plumes and rosettes. Flags at the lances were usually either red and white or red and blue in different variations.

GERY.NAPOLEON
    Last edited by Pirxeus; September 07, 2007 at 05:30 AM.

I don't see Poland-Lithuiania

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Andsztal007 View Post
    Sorry, after seeing this, I had to post this. Forgive me.

http://hedidntforgetpoland.ytmnd.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

AsPaladin's Avatar Libertus

I don't have the time to post many images but for those who are interested here is a link to an index of pictures and history of various uniforms, or lack there of, of the Americans and British during the American Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Andsztal007 View Post
    Poland-Lithuania can't be said to have really gone to war during the 18th century. Their high water mark was at the Siege of Vienna in 1683, and after that, the Szlachta just wouldn't approve much in the way of a military for the Polish King.

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    sounds like close combat...... indy men gained experience and medals as they progressed. Also in close combat a cool feature was that you could re-name squads and houses.

So say a MG squad does well and I want to remember them the next time they are in battle. I rename them "Destraex Elite Fusilliers" or something.
    When you mouse over them on the field the name comes up and you think to yourself, there is my favorite unit from all my armies... I must preserve them as they have done great deeds ....
    But then you wouldnt endanger them and their elite status would be pretty useless.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Uhlans was really good units !! i hope CA will make this unit for PLC

prince Poniatowski's Avatar Civis

In the end of XVIII century uhlans appeard in Prussia, Austria and Russia. In napoleonic era polish uhlans spreaded the uhlan's dress in Europe, where came in to existense formations of lancers (they wore uniforms and were equipped in polish style). Countries, where appeard these units were for example: GB, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and few countries in south America.

COMMONWEALTH OF DIVERSE CULTURE
    S
    http://www.commonwealth.pl/

Quote Originally Posted by molonthegreat View Post
    But then you wouldnt endanger them and their elite status would be pretty useless.
    Wouldn't that be up to the individual gamer?

Elite units were and should be used as tie-breakers, no?

Spanish Army, 1740-80:

Last edited by KLAssurbanipal; September 08, 2007 at 07:11 AM.

Default Authentic uniforms

It is necessary and serious of the pleasure of many people that we like the history that so much the uniforms as armaments, name of units as the old guard, the scots greys etc, were authentic and realistic and inventions were not doing so much of uniforms to themselves of absurd and ridiculous units but everything was strictly historical.

prince Poniatowski's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Authentic uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by General Anibal Barca View Post
    It is necessary and serious of the pleasure of many people that we like the history that so much the uniforms as armaments, name of units as the old guard, the scots greys etc, were authentic and realistic and inventions were not doing so much of uniforms to themselves of absurd and ridiculous units but everything was strictly historical.
    I agree.

So famous firm like CA shouldn't notoriously neglect history. Uniforms were characteristic features of that time and simplify them is like do the same provinces in whole Europe . Variety is big plus for game, because it encourage to longer exploration of game. It's very positive aspect for history maniacs and something interesting for other players (nobody will be confused... maybe at the beginning, but it must be easy, 'cause it was easy for normal people in XVIII century).

COMMONWEALTH OF DIVERSE CULTURE
    S
    http://www.commonwealth.pl/

Why a must? No doubt the community would be able to create appropriate skins. Perhaps they shouldn't have to, but there are much more important things to worry about than uniforms or factions.

Darsh's Avatar Maréchal de l'Empire

the must is the best AI, the best graphics with the best historical aspect.

I don't pay the community to do the CA job (it will take a long long time to "correct" all the uniforms for all the nations) but I hope CA will respect a minimun the history in a historical game.

Légion étrangère : « Honneur et Fidélité »

Savage_Swede's Avatar Carolus Rex

It will be a new low if they don't get any uniforms correct. There should be ample sources to be found, atleast way more than the roman and medieval era. But like before, i would rather see a giant leap for man in the AI section. The TW games have suffered from extremely lacking AI long enough.

Sig by Lord Rahl
    Under the patronage of Obi Wan Asterix

Europa Barbarorum, what RTW should have been.

I agree 100%.

And please CA, no universal faction colours that cover EVERYTHING that belongs to a faction, like in RTW and M2TW where every unit in a faction had the same hideous colour (Parthia in RTW anyone?)