Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this a multiplayer game?

Default is this a multiplayer game?

i just played this game and diden't think much of it untill i accidently went up against 44 Swadian mounted horsmen. what an incredible fight! I zoomed in on the horizen and saw them charging up to me and I couldnt resist charging forward to meet them. bloody amazing!!!

is this game only single player?
    "The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth."
    Jean de la Bruyère

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: is this a multiplayer game?

Single player only.
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Yes unfortunately it is only single player. I too assumed it was multiplayer from the very start, but once I started playing just as you I was overwhelmed by the feeling of being in a real medieval battle.

I know there's talk of this at the official forums, from what I take it's kind of a sore subject, kind of like the multiplayer campaign used to be before hotseat in TW.

yea how come we both assumed it was multiplayer from the start? I can't put my finger on it lol.

i think it would be the best damm thing ever if it was multiplayer becuase you could band togetether and the parties with the most disaplined formations would win.

for example a rabble of knights who charge at will wouldn't last againt a group of historical nuts like us who know to charge in a level line for example.
    Jean de la Bruyère

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

That would be savage, a line of us with lances/bows ploughing through just about anything! It would allow for some great tactical battles to happen, the AI is good but they bunch a bit too much at times and make themselves easy targets. We live in hope.

Imagine the bickering from a TW team in it;
    A; "We ride along their lines and wait for a hole, Alexander style".
    B; "No, we dismount with shields and shortswords and go in like the Romans"
    C; "Mongolian horse archers, anyone?"
    Last edited by Rob_the_Celt; August 28, 2007 at 04:43 AM.
    "Éireann go deo"

Under the patronage of Rhah

or d;Form Phalanx and let them get pierced by the spear !
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Rob_the_Celt's Avatar Rebel

I'd like to see them change it so that you can attack with the shield, hold down the block button and press attack when equipped with a shield to hit with it. For the stab attack we could stab while defending with the shield, perfect to get a phalanx going or even for a shield wall!
    "Éireann go deo"

Under the patronage of Rhah

so is there ever going to be a M&B2? I mean I know they haven't released 1 yet, but I don't think 1 is ever going to have mp.

Probably after 1 is all finished and complete

how long has m&B been in development?
    Jean de la Bruyère

Quote Originally Posted by Novusordo View Post
    how long has m&B been in development?
    since before 2005.

I haven't been to the official forum for ages, but certainly there was talk of a M&B2 to be made after the first is finished, and that that may well include a multiplayer option. I would go and look around their forum for some of the threads relating to that.
    Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all Ypatia (350-370? – 415) AD
    Check it out

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Man if they had multiplayer... I said it before, if M&B were a MMORPG it'd be the best game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Man if they had multiplayer... I said it before, if M&B were a MMORPG it'd be the best game ever made.
    Second that, they are sitting on a gold mine of opportunity.

But that could attract the attention of the mmorpg noobs that flame and stuff.

It would be the only mmo I'd feel obligated to support. But honestly I'd be happy with a Neverwinter style Persistent world community. That type of set up could really make the mods for this game something to behold.

Oh yea that could be fun. Also I think having that neverwinter persistent world and roleplaying would be an awesome mix.

Roy Batty's Avatar Senator

I'm honestly surprised that there isn't a multiplayer mod for M&B. It can't be that hard to code. Hell, I remember a multiplayer mod that came out for Vice City, years ago.
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    H. L. Mencken

I don't know about coding, but for a husband and wife start up they've done a lot. Multiplayer requires good networking code it may not be their fortay. But I heard they increased their team so hopefully they are polishing up M&B and getting ready for M&B II

but Turkeys did you ever get the feeling of Neverwinter the first time you when into town at night? The music the lighting it's very Neverwinter like to me.

Nah but if they added sounds like for the tavern [like in neverwinter you had guys screaming for drinks and talking bout there wifes etc etc] then I would feel like it was neverwinter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast