Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: King's Banner 3

Icon14 Re: King's Banner 3

Ill tell you this. The models are THE BEST! Its unbelievable. WOW

The problem is it kinda old. Im talking about the map. Its sorry to this it .....well...Boring. . the nice thing its fast. That is good.
    You need the Teutonic Order,Kingdom of Jerusalem and Wales or things like that.

And the AI/maps and battles is better now. ie SS and DLV.

I made my mod that is called "Kings Legend" ie Kings Banner I just put things in. Just for me.
    Last edited by Pachinko; July 04, 2008 at 02:11 PM.

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: King's Banner 3

thanks for your honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachinko View Post
    The problem is it kinda old. Im talking about the map. Its sorry to this it .....well...Boring. . the nice thing its fast. That is good.
    You need the Teutonic Order,Kingdom of Jerusalem and Wales or things like that.
    i hope, that you mean boring, cause there are not more factions.
    the probs with factions. the basic problem is there is no control for ai growth. if i would add K.o.J. and they would growth and destroy factions, it would be not what i want. i had try to made the small factions like milan less powerfull for better map filling, but sometimes they make what they want. i test some possiblities for the ai, but i have no time to make real changes to make small factions more deffensive.

so if you play as HRE you can create your own teutonic order army in teutonic regions and its not bad if hre endless growth.

why i don't want to make more regions. very simple. 2000 regions make the game not better. i add only really importent regions (castile-burgos) or if a faction don't have enough like portugal.

And the AI/maps and battles is better now. ie SS and DLV.
    for the ai i would like to work with GrandViZ, but it seems that he have not enough time at the moment. i searching for a ai, which stearing the factions separately. one for big, one for the importent historically factions and one for the small. something like the special ai for pope faction.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

Lycodelphos's Avatar Tiro

Joedreck, I think this mod is quite wonderful. The artistic detail is beautiful; and the addition of new knightly orders, especially the ones with an AOR is very refreshing. I've played Poland and thoroughly enjoyed it!

A couple of suggestions since you asked for feedback:

1. It would be nice to be able to recruit generals from castles as in SS and other mods. I don't know how difficult that would be. But they add some flexibility to troop movement and battle resolution.

2. I'd love to see you apply your artistic skills to creating specialized units for the non-Catholic factions. I know this is time-consuming but it would be worth the effort. As an option, maybe you could add some of the Kingdoms units to their rosters (such as Greek flamethrowers for Byzantium). You might also like to use some of the suggestions of the "Complete Byzantium Unit Roster" mod. I'm referring to maybe adding some recruitable mercenary units. It was created for just this purpose.

Anyway, just some thoughts on a great job already!
    Proud Contributor of: "AGON: REBIRTH OF THE HELLENES" & "Patria Libera"
    "There's such divinity doth hedge a king,
    That treason can but peep to what it would,..."

The "boring" is yes. More factions. Not to much though. KoJ, TO and the Lithiania. To me thats it. And anothor reason make it bigger. But,get rid of Americans Indians is crap to me.. And dont do the Far east. I would like to see more Mercenaries.
    Heres what Ive done.

King Legends
    Soupdragons Stone Watchtower
    Music Mod AlluX that Medieval I. I also have that 4winds.
    CASTLES STRAT MODELS v.1.0 forgot that guy his name.
    Wolfslayers SS6.0Warhorns
    "Crown Mod" forgot the his name.
    "Saracen Archers" got rid the name was a "Mlitia Archers" Just the name. Egypt faction
    "Men-at -Arms" get rid the "Infantry" the name thats it no more.
    Like I did "Footmen Polish Nobles" BTW that is on of the best models!!
    Others like this. No biggy.
    Last edited by Pachinko; July 06, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post

1. It would be nice to be able to recruit generals from castles as in SS and other mods. I don't know how difficult that would be. But they add some flexibility to troop movement and battle resolution.
    i never thought about, cause i read many times some people attack with general to kill him, cause good enough. in my gameplay you have to be careful with them, cause they are rare. so its more difficult and the game can not be difficult enough for me.
    it happens not often that i loose a battle. i hope u understand me

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodelphos View Post
    2. I'd love to see you apply your artistic skills to creating specialized units for the non-Catholic factions. I know this is time-consuming but it would be worth the effort. As an option, maybe you could add some of the Kingdoms units to their rosters (such as Greek flamethrowers for Byzantium). You might also like to use some of the suggestions of the "Complete Byzantium Unit Roster" mod. I'm referring to maybe adding some recruitable mercenary units. It was created for just this purpose.
    yes, i thought about, but i didn't found the time for this. the question was "new units or kingdoms units?" you know my decide.

but i try to make something for the next upgrade.

I would like to see more Mercenaries.
    i change the priority for the mercs, cause the enemies has to big mercs armies, for me and now you want more then in vanilla. i don't know.:hmmm:
    Last edited by joedreck; July 07, 2008 at 01:50 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

williammarshal's Avatar Civis

yes, i thought about, but i didn't found the time for this. the question was "new units or kingdoms units?" you know my decide.

yea joe, if you dont do more factions you should do more units especially kingdom units in the middle east, jerusalem, antioch, tripoli, edessan knights along with hospitallers and templars.

williammarshal's Avatar Civis

[quote=joedreck;3293212]yes, i thought about, but i didn't found the time for this. the question was "new units or kingdoms units?" you know my decide.

but i try to make something for the next upgrade.

Also for your special units, when they come up have you ever thought about making them a recruitable general, you recruit a general william marshal and he has children and all his sons also have his coat of arms (skins) i dont know if it would be hard to implement, you might not want to go in that direction but just a thought.

I just stumbled into here. This is some great stuff! Keep up the good work!

Hey Joe. Are you alive..hehe. Are you get the newest mod?

Hey Joe. Are you alive..hehe. Are you get the newest mod?
    at the moment it is not possible to do something. i must work and learn, but my day is only 24h long. i always tired. i hope for better days next time.

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

Hey just wanted to say thanks. I havnt tried it yet but this mod looks really intresting.

Does this Mod work with Regions & Provinces.
    Any Experiences?

this mod is awesome i wish SS or DLV would have this

thanks guys. nice to hear it for my ego.
    i have some new things, but no time to release it.

Quote Originally Posted by joedreck View Post
    thanks guys. nice to hear it for my ego.
    i have some new things, but no time to release it.
    yeah i will look foward to that new things

Woow looking great +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

It is great huh? One of the best is NO crashing! Its awesome. And I like the different knights. Nice.

Im glad to here new stuff! Im waiting.....

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Is it all in german?
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

I installed your first patch joedreck and all the merchant stuff was in german and the english huscarls were gone as where the units from grand unit_addon. Plus when i installed it over it kept crashing and had to repair my retrofit mod 1
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

install the newest version and it should be work in english.