Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: FACTION PREVIEW: The Kingdom of Georgia

Default Re: FACTION PREVIEW: The Kingdom of Georgia

Ok, peace and prosperity on BC and thanks to devs!

Chapunia's Avatar Libertus

My friend BULL! They are MONGOLS and we are GEORGIANS. If we doing this game we must doing good!!! I hope you foresee advise!!!
    BE A MAN AMONG MEN Only God Can Judge Me

Chapunia's Avatar Libertus

TADZREULI! I am not other! I am as GEORGIAN as you!!! THE LORD BLESS GEORGIA!
    BE A MAN AMONG MEN Only God Can Judge Me

The point of this fanatical outburst of patriotism being...?

Takverely's Avatar Biarchus

Yes, Tadzreuli is right, its only game and we must obey the moderators and the people who know more about this mod than we we only wanted that Georgia had better units, but i see that some changes can disbalance many things so forgive us if we harm anyone. i think Ahiga wont be angry with me, because i really didnt want to harm him. i know that he did many things for Georgia
    Last edited by Takverely; June 24, 2008 at 02:52 AM.

Nah I was never angry. I understand that people are proud of their ancestry and are eager to see it represented well. We all have different takes on what the military of a historical people would have been, just as those who do official research contest over the nature of how a people fought. There's no single authority on these things, which is why none of us are necessarily right or wrong. It's very possible that one Georgian King chose to always close with lances, while another preferred to do more horse archery before closing in. Or that it was a fashion that changed with time, just as the Seljuk Elites went from exclusive heavy focus on archery to use of spear, sword, mace and javelin as they went into Anatolia.

We are open minded and will consider such potential changes in the future. One such possibility is if we want to feature a designated 'recruitable general' lacking 2hp but able to command and inspire troops, Georgian's could then get a Lancer Recruitable General and a Horse Archer recruitable general.

In addition, it may pay to wait and see how they perform in 1.5. Strelac and Grandviz working on the stats have been hard at work to make sure sword-wielding units are not lead weights compared to AP, and that units behave as well as they should.

yes, its great idea to recruit BGs i have seen it in several mods and its good i will wait for vr 1.5

a am also Georgian, and i also see that these Georgians want that Georgian units were more strong I am glad that they understood everything

i like tadzreulis idea very much. Tadzreuli elite cavalry is very good unit, with good armour, horsearmour, axes and round shields. this is really different unit. i think it will have good malee attack with these axes and good defence with these armours

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post

only Byzantian General, in whole units of BC, is unrealistic strong, as "immortial", I think and this is all problem
    Aww well they were refered as Athanatoi(immortals) for a reason . 1st being able to have their rank quickly replenish like the persian predecessors and another for being plain hard to kill i guess.

Anyway i think the idea of a Tadzreuli elite cavalry is awesome. It adds to the appeal of georgia as a faction capable of fielding heavy horse archers when their only available ones were simply a 1 hp version of the generals body guard.

yes its really good idea, its different from other units. its also heavy cavalry but very different from monaspa horsearchers has axes, round shield, horse armour, and different armour. all Georgian cavalry have swords and this will be strong unit with axes i hope i will see it among Georgian units in next version

when will be the next release? will there any changes in this faction(Georgia)?
    I think monaspa is very colourful, there are many colours on their armour and clothes. i think it would better if there were less colours on these warriors armour and clothes. it will be more realistic i think
    Last edited by Aznauri; June 26, 2008 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aznauri View Post
    when will be the next release? will there any changes in this faction(Georgia)?
    I think monaspa is very colourful, there are many colours on their armour and clothes. i think it would better if there were less colours on these warriors armour and clothes. it will be more realistic i think
    But I like those colours.

Georgia has the best looking units in the game, and somehow I just can't stop wishing that Roman infantry look half as good.
    Anri Sugihara

Click for more info

Georgian guy to blond foreign beauty:
    - Pretty one, let's go to forest, I'll show you our city

anaztazioch's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Chapunia View Post
    TADZREULI! I am not other! I am as GEORGIAN as you!!! THE LORD BLESS GEORGIA!
    Anyone ever said something about Polish Nationalists ?

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

guys, please stop offtop !

Indefinitely Banned

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post

Lol.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wiki
    According to the medieval Georgian chronicles, the town of Gori was founded by King David IV (r. 1089-1125) who settled there the refugees from Armenia. However, the fortress of Gori (Goris-Tsikhe), appears to have been in use already in the 7th century, and archaeological evidence indicates to the existence of an urban community in the Classical Antiquity. In 1299, Gori was captured by the Alan tribesmen (Ossetians) fleeing the Mongol conquest of their original homeland in the North Caucasus. The Georgian king George V recovered the town in 1320, pushing the Alans back over the Caucasus mountains.

Wowwww.