Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: FACTION PREVIEW: The Kingdom of Georgia

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: FACTION PREVIEW: The Kingdom of Georgia

the ancient name is - Aea/Aia.
    yes, yuou are right, Jon (or "John" :) .

Well...My mod spans from 1080 to 1530...Kutaisi or Kutatisi would be better?

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

If you want 110% accuracy, go with Kutatisi ... if you want it to be accurate but not so in depth go for Kutaisi. I would say it doesnt really matter, take what sounds better
    † Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Well...My mod spans from 1080 to 1530...Kutaisi or Kutatisi would be better?
    yes - Kutatisi

ok...thanks

Kutatisi was capital of Georgia at 1080 -1122 AD, after that time (since 1122 AD) capital of Georgia became Tbilisi until 1530 AD.

Hi,

This little paragraph I found in this site maked me wonder, was Georgia part of the Silk Road?

"Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia is a lively, bustling city built along the twisting valley of the river Mtkvari and for centuries was one of the greatest multi-cultural trading cities along the Silk Road."

http://www.silkroadandbeyond.co.uk/georgia.html

Quote Originally Posted by MaximianusBR View Post
    Hi,

This little paragraph I found in this site maked me wonder, was Georgia part of the Silk Road?

"Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia is a lively, bustling city built along the twisting valley of the river Mtkvari and for centuries was one of the greatest multi-cultural trading cities along the Silk Road."

http://www.silkroadandbeyond.co.uk/georgia.html
    yes but it was an other silk road via caucasus first this road was

described by roman historains as pompey needed to conquer this places to
    reach India more faster then via persia that is why they started to use this new road. and don't forget Persia was out of roman control not like caucasus. here see the Silk Road itself from rome to in Idia

Rome>bosphorus>west Georgia(Colches), river phasis (modern day Rioni, when little river Ch'khar'a)>east georgia and Albania through river Kura (m'tkuar'i) > kaspian sea > one from those two rivers siradaria or amudaria
    (in central asia) > Baqtria > India which is final destination or even Chana .

this road was very short (25 day of journey from Rome to india) and roman controled road thAT IS WHY IT BECAME SO IMPORTANT for them in ancient times.
    Through your intercession I hope to see the light of Thy son and the light of everlasting ages !

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

Holy crap, I've never realized it, but that is an awesome route to India, and once you consider that Baktria was the chief reason and focal point of the trade with China, it must have been very lucrative to have direct port trade with the Indo-Greeks.

Hmm, speaking of Baktria, I wonder how much of medieval/modern Afghanistan is descended from Greeks, Baktria having been Persia's "siberia" when it came to troublesome Greek Subjects long before Seleucid colonization.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by teh.frickin.pope View Post
    Hmm, speaking of Baktria, I wonder how much of medieval/modern Afghanistan is descended from Greeks, Baktria having been Persia's "siberia" when it came to troublesome Greek Subjects long before Seleucid colonization.
    Probably not much. There have been many many layers of invasion and history since those times. There are some Pasthun tribes that claim to be descended from Alexander and considering the look very different, it could be true. Most Tajiks (like myself) are either of purely Iranian stock or have mongol admixture.

Since the Alexander and the Seleucid Empire we've seen many many changes that would effectively overwrite anything from the Greek era. Parthian Empire and the Sassanid Empire brought a massive influx of Persian colonizers and Persian culture into that region. Most of the core urban centres of Bactria/Afghanistan/Khwarezm became Persian cities. Then the most important changes that occured after that were the Arab invasions and the Mongol invasions. These two waves fundamentally changed the ethnic and religious characteristic of the region forever.
    Last edited by Miraj; September 06, 2007 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JERUSALEM View Post
    yes but it was an other silk road via caucasus first this road was

described by roman historains as pompey needed to conquer this places to
    reach India more faster then via persia that is why they started to use this new road. and don't forget Persia was out of roman control not like caucasus. here see the Silk Road itself from rome to in Idia

Rome>bosphorus>west Georgia(Colches), river phasis (modern day Rioni, when little river Ch'khar'a)>east georgia and Albania through river Kura (m'tkuar'i) > kaspian sea > one from those two rivers siradaria or amudaria
    (in central asia) > Baqtria > India which is final destination or even Chana .

this road was very short (25 day of journey from Rome to india) and roman controled road thAT IS WHY IT BECAME SO IMPORTANT for them in ancient times.
    Thanks a lot for this explanation!

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Icon11 Re: FACTION PREVIEW: The Kingdom of Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by mirage41 View Post
    Probably not much. There have been many many layers of invasion and history since those times. There are some Pasthun tribes that claim to be descended from Alexander and considering the look very different, it could be true. Most Tajiks (like myself) are either of purely Iranian stock or have mongol admixture.

Since the Alexander and the Seleucid Empire we've seen many many changes that would effectively overwrite anything from the Greek era. Parthian Empire and the Sassanid Empire brought a massive influx of Persian colonizers and Persian culture into that region. Most of the core urban centres of Bactria/Afghanistan/Khwarezm became Persian cities. Then the most important changes that occured after that were the Arab invasions and the Mongol invasions. These two waves fundamentally changed the ethnic and religious characteristic of the region forever.
    Don't forget the Hephthalites, Kushans, and Turko-Persian Dynasties like the Seljuks, Kara-Qoynlu(sp?) and the Ghaznavids.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    Kutatisi was capital of Georgia at 1080 -1122 AD, after that time (since 1122 AD) capital of Georgia became Tbilisi until 1530 AD.
    Gaumarjos, ar vici gaxsovar tu ara, am forumze ert dros mec vaktiruobdi))
    mismine, me ar mak Medieval II da arc miakvs chem komp magram zmakacs daainteresa ro vaxsene, saqartvelo Modebshi. ver mektvi, romeli modebia ukve gamosuli (normaluri) sadac Sakartvelo ikneboda da sad sheizleba mati gadmowera?

ეს წასაშლელია

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Iverian, I need to ask you to only post in english, or at least include some english in your posts. Exclusively georgian posts should be restricted to private messages and the georgian thread in the foreign language section

Gaumarjos, ar vici gaxsovar tu ara, am forumze ert dros mec vaktiruobdi))
    mismine, me ar mak Medieval II da arc miakvs chem komp magram zmakacs daainteresa ro vaxsene, saqartvelo Modebshi. ver mektvi, romeli modebia ukve gamosuli (normaluri) sadac Sakartvelo ikneboda da sad sheizleba mati gadmowera?
    I understand what do you ask, but in future please write in English

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    I understand what do you ask, but in future please write in English
    yeah okey but I can't send PMs to you so I ask here, please answer my question.

Iverian asked tadz for mods where you can play as Georgia. Tadz, please tell us about this issue, I am also interested. Thanks.

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

If only there were some handy function that would let you search the forums, but alas we are in need.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Iverian asked tadz for mods where you can play as Georgia. Tadz, please tell us about this issue, I am also interested. Thanks.
    I have already PM him about mods .