Thread: some questions

Default some questions

1. what are the best settings for playing CB? in SPQR it was m/m, in RS it was h/vh,...

2. if i download the italian version now, will i be able to overwrite it later when the english version comes out? can i use my saved games?

3. some of you players already found some bugs, will it take long to fix them?

4. i read in an older post (it think davide.cool said it, not sure) that roman units are much stronger than other units, so romans kan sweep through the map. is this still true or are roman units more balanced now? because i like it when i have a though time conquering the world.

5. has anyone already had amphibious landings by an enemy? i like it when they do that, adds to the realism.

6. what about battles? how's the AI? comparable to SPQR's or RS's? do they use different strategies, is the enemy aggressive enough?

7. there are 3 families, like in vanilla version, will there be missions by the senate again that eventually will cause discontent and such and will lead to a civil war? i don't mind, it's been a long time since i fought romans, i kinda looking forward to it...

8. will there be full stacks? i hope so, because if you recruit a full legion and you only have half stacks of enemies, you can conquer a whole region with just one legion. that can't be right...

those are my questions for now, maybe later i will ask more.
    some of those questions may have been asked before, so you guys don't need to bother answering it again, a link will do.

i can't play for another 2 weeks (left game at home, i (really) need to study), but after these 2 weeks i'm planning to go for a new roman campaign. but i'm still doubting between RS en CB. they both have their advantages and disadvantages, but i hope to know more about CB game play and the campaign map.

i've been watching this game develop for about 6 months now and now i'm curious for the (current) result.

great work guys!
    Last edited by Atticus; August 25, 2007 at 04:50 AM.

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Re: some questions

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    1. what are the best settings for playing CB? in SPQR it was m/m, in RS it was h/vh,...

2. if i download the italian version now, will i be able to overwrite it later when the english version comes out? can i use my saved games?

3. some of you players already found some bugs, will it take long to fix them?

4. i read in an older post (it think davide.cool said it, not sure) that roman units are much stronger than other units, so romans kan sweep through the map. is this still true or are roman units more balanced now? because i like it when i have a though time conquering the world.

5. has anyone already had amphibious landings by an enemy? i like it when they do that, adds to the realism.

6. what about battles? how's the AI? comparable to SPQR's or RS's? do they use different strategies, is the enemy aggressive enough?

7. there are 3 families, like in vanilla version, will there be missions by the senate again that eventually will cause discontent and such and will lead to a civil war? i don't mind, it's been a long time since i fought romans, i kinda looking forward to it...

8. will there be full stacks? i hope so, because if you recruit a full legion and you only have half stacks of enemies, you can conquer a whole region with just one legion. that can't be right...

those are my questions for now, maybe later i will ask more.
    some of those questions may have been asked before, so you guys don't need to bother answering it again, a link will do.

i can't play for another 2 weeks (left game at home, i (really) need to study), but after these 2 weeks i'm planning to go for a new roman campaign. but i'm still doubting between RS en CB. they both have their advantages and disadvantages, but i hope to know more about CB game play and the campaign map.

i've been watching this game develop for about 6 months now and now i'm curious for the (current) result.

great work guys!
    1 i play vh/vh in my campaign

2 i think u can but i m not sure at 100%

3 we are already preparin a fix for roman recruitment etc! we are testin it now

4 more balanced. we have reduced the brutii's aggressivity

5 we have naval landings by AI

6 we are using darth formations etc... .so the ai a little bit more intelligent

7 i dont remember cuz hardly i play with romans. i use greeks or carthaginians

8 enemies, rebels and other factions are tough! a single roman army cannot conquer everything

tnx

I have a question too, i was playing with the romans and at 134a.c i had the marian reforms BUT the units are still the same ,why? when iam going to have the marian units? Is this a prooblem or the units will change long after the marian reforms?

Hi, I would like to know if there was a specific reason you chose the named Roman Legions in the mod, or was it just random selection?

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

How many regions do you need until the civil war starts? or is a different way to make it start since i have 52 regions and getting bored of waiting for that blasted senate to outlaw me!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    How many regions do you need until the civil war starts? or is a different way to make it start since i have 52 regions and getting bored of waiting for that blasted senate to outlaw me!! lol
    Maybe you should attack the Senate or another Roman faction, and see what happens. If it doesn't turn out the way you like, just don't save it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Manteuffel View Post
    Maybe you should attack the Senate or another Roman faction, and see what happens. If it doesn't turn out the way you like, just don't save it.
    lol i tried attacking the senate, but it says i don't have enough power to attack rome yet when infact have 14 legions and 52 regions and i need 3 more 1 more rep from the people and i can attack them, despite already having 5 from the senate.

Quote Originally Posted by jackwei View Post
    lol i tried attacking the senate, but it says i don't have enough power to attack rome yet when infact have 14 legions and 52 regions and i need 3 more 1 more rep from the people and i can attack them, despite already having 5 from the senate.
    I think it would be a lot of fun trying to ignite a civil war. (if possible) I wonder if the game would allow you to send a diplomat to the Senate or another Roman faction, and cancell the alliance, trade rights, etc.... :hmmm:

i think i might start again since i have 54 regions and some reason the senate is on my side with nearly full back and the people almost too, but it says i don't have another power in rome. i can't be asked to wait all that time!! anymore usually when you get close to 50 regions the senate would outlaw you, however i suspose it changes when the scipii(Cornelia faction) are handed rome by the senate.

Hi, I would like to know if there was a specific reason you chose the named Roman Legions in the mod, or was it just random selection?
    I'll try again. Was there a specific reason for choosing the named legions used in the mod?

Darius_D's Avatar Tiro

I'll try again. Was there a specific reason for choosing the named legions used in the mod?
    To give some historical blend. Look, that historical legions are recruitable in different parts of the empire.
    What is interesting, they have not only different look, but even different type of armor, including leather one by XXX Ulpia Victrix.
    It is very nice thing. I hope they will introduce one roman family only (+Senate) and create more historical legions.