Thread: Raiding (A new more expliained topic)

Icon3

I hope for the ability of raiding. With ships you could come in and hit trasporters, with land army you could rush in and hit a part of the army and then rush out. It could be used to bombard a fort constantly before taking it. It could be used to destory a suppy unit (if they are added in).

It would alow small armies to whitle down large empires. Which will balence the weaker nations, and it was a very important tatic in these times. Think America vs England.

In total war at the moment, their are two types of land battles, a head on head battle, and am ambush. Both are a fight until the other army is destroyed, or rout. My idea for a raid would be you have an army of up to 4 troops they have to enable an option that makes them move half speed, but invisable except to spies. They can they attack the army from any side, and the army will be un-prepared, you then charge in from behind, hit something (like cannons). Then you can ran off without takeing much damage. This would be one of the only ways to have an england vs america war properly.

I forgot to say these raids would be risky and after conduction on the unit would be easier to catch.

Is nobody interested in this idea?

Merged triple posts - Sir D
    Last edited by The Walrus; August 26, 2007 at 01:44 PM.

Default Re: Raiding (A new more expliained topic)

lol the idea sounds very good megajames. in fact, i believe during the seven years' war, britain conducted quite a few "descents" (that's what they called amphibious raids) on the french coastline.

however, i don't know about actually creating a whole new land battle system just for that. perhaps that is something the player can choose to do with a small army against a lightly guarded enemy fort on the coastline if the opportunity is there.

rep me if you like my posts, and it's highly likely you'll get some back

You can do this, press the "withdrawal button"

You 'lose' the battle but if you would kill troops and not lose too many

You can do this with Horse Archer armies on RTW
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

I know about useing the withdraw button, but a was hoping for a proper feature. For one that counts a losese

Yeah, there definitely needs to be a better way of handling this, legitimate, tactic. I could even take the loss as long as there's no mystery loss of troops between the battle finishing and the statistics screen. For example: withdrawing with every one of of my troops alive only to find i've "lost" over 100 men.I could understand if there was a panic and a chase but there's got to be a way of reflecting withdrawing in good order.

If you "manualy" withdraw your troops and have lost none you wont loose any after the battle, provided you've waited that all your troops have withdrawn from the battlefield.

Not always the case in my experience.

Mig el Pig's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
    Not always the case in my experience.
    2nd that.