Thread: 50 factions= completely mechanics overhaul?

Default 50 factions= completely mechanics overhaul?

According to a certain CA official, there will be over 50 factions (10 playable) in the game.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=57

This makes me think the strategic map will be a slow real time map ala EU. I mean, how could you wait for 50 factions to take their turns otherwise. Simply the movement of units would take forever, not to mention AI processing.
    "Son of a submariner!"

"Ahem. There's SAND on my boots"

"This is sickening! You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!Prepare yourselves!"

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Default Re: 50 factions= completely mechanics overhaul?

Thats not neccessarily a problem. In M2TW you have an option to turn off to see AI movements in campaign map.
    Im pretty sure that option will be in E:TW to.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kefka_101 View Post
    According to a certain CA official, there will be over 50 factions (10 playable) in the game.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=57

This makes me think the strategic map will be a slow real time map ala EU. I mean, how could you wait for 50 factions to take their turns otherwise. Simply the movement of units would take forever, not to mention AI processing.
    Also making time go by like in EU3 (and making it adjustable) would also solve the 'unrealistic army movement per turn' and the game wont be too frickin long (if they make 1 turn=3 months, means approx over 400 turns which is huge in M2TW (225) terms).
    Actually imo the passing of time adapted in EU3 (with realistic army/navy moving distances) is quite good really as long as it's adjustable (means slow enough to a halt if you want to really think a lot) and not turning into a click-fest.
    So I wonder how it's gonna be solved. Will they stay with turns or not.

Also another challenge is making the game interesting through the whole stages (esp late in campaign) and not giving player second thoughts about quiting, which is a common thing in M2TW, but that's another matter.
    Last edited by Grand Duke Vytautas; August 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

I think the chances for factions to re-emerge would be a great force in keeping the player's interest. Could vary from conquering Europe and having nations emerge back from under your control (In the case of Napoleon), or conquering abroad and having native people's wrestle back control.

I usually quit because it gets to a point where I am practically invulnerable. Which is a worry, as in this era it's all about big powerful empires. I'm sure they'll pursue methods to keep it difficult, though.

Thank god for the new engine though. 50 factions?! Wow, I can't wait.