Thread: Sigur Ros

Eothain's Avatar woo

These are apparently an Icelandic group, but I just watched the video to the song Višrar vel til loftįrįsa. My god, it's the most powerfull video ever, I think. It may have just over taken REM- Everybody Hurts as the title for the best video I've ever seen. Basically, the video is about a gay kid, about 13 or 14. Who basically finds love or something. It's really rather emmotional. Whether you're straight or gay, homophobic (you'd better not be) or not, you should check out this video.

You can view it here: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.html

Second one down. Check it out, it's really good. Left me thinking "Wow!"
    MareNostrum for DICTATOR FOR LIFE!

[move]I wanna stand up, I wanna let go. You know, you know, no you don't, you don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of man, I wanna meaning from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches, another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take. And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection, no, no, no, no, no. Help me out, yeah, you know you gotta help me out, yeah. Oh don't you put me on the backburner, you've gotta help me out, yeah. And when there's nowhere else to run, is there room for one more son, these changes, ain't changing me, the cold-hearted boy I used to be.[/move]

I watched it and downloaded it. I thought it was pretty strange if you ask me. The only part I didn't like was the mean father. He should of been a little bit nicer. All in all a pretty strange movie if you ask me. But it was a little bit moving. I personally think homosexual people are a little bit to discriminated. People should be more tollerent towards people different then themselves, but n the world we live in this is not true. I personally try to be tolerent towards people that are differnet then me. I think it adds a little more color into my life.
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"

Originally posted by Eothain@Nov 5 2004, 06:45 PM
    These are apparently an Icelandic group, but I just watched the video to the song Višrar vel til loftįrįsa. My god, it's the most powerfull video ever, I think. It may have just over taken REM- Everybody Hurts as the title for the best video I've ever seen. Basically, the video is about a gay kid, about 13 or 14. Who basically finds love or something. It's really rather emmotional. Whether you're straight or gay, homophobic (you'd better not be) or not, you should check out this video.

You can view it here: http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/media/dldvideo.html

Second one down. Check it out, it's really good. Left me thinking "Wow!"
    I thought it was hillariously funny.... The face of the dad when the two boys kissed... hahaha... that will show him!

But on a serious note:

I can't believe how liberal things in Iceland/Europe are... I mean, a video like this in the U.S. would literally cause an uproar and a wave of protest by fundamentalist Christians. Great video... weird music. (freeky dolls)
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Eothain's Avatar woo

Yeah, the dolls are rather freaky. Though I think the video was shown in the US as well, but I'm not sure. And to be honest, I haven't seen it played in this country, though others have so meh.

And yeah, the father was evil, but the look on his face was pretty funny, if the whole event of the video wasn't so moving. I can really relate to that video (minus the dolls)...
    MareNostrum for DICTATOR FOR LIFE!

[move]I wanna stand up, I wanna let go. You know, you know, no you don't, you don't. I wanna shine on in the hearts of man, I wanna meaning from the back of my broken hand. Another head aches, another heart breaks. I'm so much older than I can take. And my affection, well it comes and goes, I need direction to perfection, no, no, no, no, no. Help me out, yeah, you know you gotta help me out, yeah. Oh don't you put me on the backburner, you've gotta help me out, yeah. And when there's nowhere else to run, is there room for one more son, these changes, ain't changing me, the cold-hearted boy I used to be.[/move]

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

It was creepy, funny and moving all at the same time... a good thing.

Its odd that Europe is so liberal compared to the U.S. isnt it? We cling to grudges and even bits of the class systems of old... and yet the US still manages to be more concervative and Religious. However much the US claims to be a mixing pot... its just a bunch of WASP's kidding themselves.

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q

One of the factors differentiating the EU from the USA is that it is a Union of distinct States, most with their own language, culture and traditions. This is what breeds an atmosphere of tolerance and liberalism and as such I believe that Europe is one of the best places in the world to live at the moment!

they played once here in Brazil and I checked it out. Not my favorite sound but interesting nevertheless. Never saw any videos of them though.
    Só pra deixar esses gringos curiosos se perguntando que diabos eu escrevi aqui!

I saw it some time ago. I think it's a statement video, perhaps because alot of people say that icelandic society is very closed and not very open minded when it comes to "deviant" behaviour.

Cheers
    浪人 - 二天一