Thread: Gamespot Article

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Default Gamespot Article

A nice preview can be found here, i dunno if this has been posted. But I surely havent seen it.
    A very good preview imo
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Default Re: Gamespot Article

Thanks for the link, reading it now!

It mentioned a slow development to help the learning curve. I wonder what that could mean? Do we not already ebgin with "only a few things to do" in the campaigns anyways?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Interesting but most of it just covering stuff we already know, although this is new:

Even better, the designers realized that players were spending too much time building units and then marching them around the map just to merge into a single army. So now you'll be able to designate a general to be the nucleus of an army, and new units will assemble around him. Thus, a lot of tedious micromanagement is easily eliminated.

Maybe less micromanagement but also meaning proper armies instead of stacks of units. Perhaps it means forces will be more concentrated as well? I do expect battles to be larger considering they're allowing us to control reinforcements in Kingdoms.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by italiano View Post

Even better, the designers realized that players were spending too much time building units and then marching them around the map just to merge into a single army. So now you'll be able to designate a general to be the nucleus of an army, and new units will assemble around him. Thus, a lot of tedious micromanagement is easily eliminated.
    Hmm so does this mean that generals will sort of be like moving recruitment areas ??

Speculation, but I think it suggests the recruitment system is somewhat automated, you're recruiting troops into an army and the general represents where the army is positioned.

Itilas's Avatar Laetus

Speculation, but I think it suggests the recruitment system is somewhat automated, you're recruiting troops into an army and the general represents where the army is positioned.
    That's an interesting idea but the problem I see with it is if you have a general a couple turns away from a city and you recruit a unit would it automatically be part of his army? How much lag time should be between recruitment and the joining of the army?

I think it could work but you'd have to designate which general you want the unit to join. There's some kinks still.
    Gutta cavat lapidem

I think it's more like creating an army (in title), assigning a general to that title and then having units automatically assigned to the army?

Or maybe you just "order" what units you want through the general, eg you want 10 units of X and then they're automatically produced and located where the general is.

No matter what it is it seems like we're definitely seeing "revolution" over "evolution".

How will you choose what units you want and stuff if it's all automated Will armies just be like random generated things, or come from a formula or what?

My guess is this design will help the clueless AIs to actually form stacks and not 1-unit armies everywhere.

Interesting but most of it just covering stuff we already know, although this is new:

Maybe less micromanagement but also meaning proper armies instead of stacks of units. Perhaps it means forces will be more concentrated as well? I do expect battles to be larger considering they're allowing us to control reinforcements in Kingdoms.
    Great news. I had often thought of this during the campaign.

I always found it funny in RTW and M2TW that it would take literally years of time in game just to gather an army to launch an offensive

preston's Avatar Semisalis

hmm i'm definetly gonna play the tutorial for this one and this will be the first time i actually play it to learn something and not to do it cuz i'm bored. lol. i can't wait to see the new map it says the upgrades are visible thats awesome
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.