Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MasterOfNone - Retiring

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default MasterOfNone - Retiring

This post is to inform the community of my 'retirement' (I always disliked that term) from modding.

Since my initiation into the Fourth Age Dev Team & TW modding toward the end of 04 I have learned a great deal about modding both in terms of skills and management. I have worked with some wonderful modders, both in and out of the Team. For these enriching experiences, I am grateful.

I have put forward Aradan as my replacement. He is reliable, learns quickly, is dedicated and has a good grasp of what needs to be done. His work on the Complete EDU Guide is testament to that. He has my full support. He, Apoc and Balbor will now direct the Fourth Age Mod down what ever path the adventure may lead...

As for me, I am going to get back to those things which were so unexpectedly interrupted in October three years ago....

A Special Thanks To (in no particular order):

Apocalypsis - for a vision shared and his friendship
    Balbor - for his unceasingly fine models and textures
    Spraehbuer - for his consistent work
    Arakorn - for his continued support for the mod
    Tittils - for some fine mapping and campaign coding
    Merlin - possibly the greatest TW coding (and coder) I have known
    Professor420 - for his strength of leadership
    Teleklos - for his example of commitment
    Europa Barbarorum - for their support for me & a non-historical mod
    Makanyane - for a fine mind and a much-needed peer (subliminal message: everyone vote for her as best coder for the 2007 awards)
    Aradan - for setting my mind at ease in knowing the coding and build management is in good hands
    Xerex - for all his work on formulae, spreadsheets and balance beyond my skill or capacity
    To the Org - my first modding home

And to all those I have forgotten to mention & to all good modders everywhere, and all appreciative players of the Fourth Age!

MasterOfNone, Dol Guldur, Palantir.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Default Re: MasterOfNone - Retiring

There goes our professional waiter serving the tea :cry:
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

These guys gave up modding six months ago, that's what happens to category nine modders like yourself..

Don't be a stranger...

Another modder who resigns, another citizen who resigns, oh no . Why are people leaving TWC in such a wave...? I hope victory springs a fresh, later.
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

One of the few occasions where I'll choose an emoticon over words...

Count no man happy until he is dead.

Peace, MasterofNone. All the best to you whatever you do, and also to the FATW team under its new leadership. I hope you'll stick around

I think you have truly deserved this retirement m8. With the few MSN discussion we have had and reading your countless posts here and Org helping people with your knowledge. I cant but say that when it comes to determination and dedication towards your project, you are someone for anyone to look up as a modder. While this a huge loss to modding community, i think its a well deserved retirement for an tireless and awesome modder. I hope everything good in life for you Dol Guldur!

Thank you - all.

I will keep an eye on the forums for a while yet; and may even post rarely

bubka's Avatar Miles

Well looks like you had a nice modding career. All the best to whatever you are returning to. (What is it by the way?)
    Cheers,
    bubka
    Co founder of the Rookie's Nook!
    • New to modding?
    • Have some experience?
    • No experience at all?
    Then Rookie's Nook is just about the perfect place for you! Join the other newbies in your first projects here! Make your dreams come true ...

... what about thanks for that other member of FA:TW, what about Palantir?

Cheers mate, truly a great member of the community, always making that mod which i have been waiting for for quite some time now!
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole
    Evariste says: I have huge, feminine breasts and I love them

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Thanks for helping out people with modding questions also.

Over and out.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Palantir? I think I can honestly say I have never communicated with him by msn, pm or the forums - or in any other way.

Thx for all the kind words guys

Yeah I think MasterOfNone joined FATW after Palantir, since I was on FATW for a year and never worked with this lazy bloke MoN.

You are so mean. Palantir is an awesome dude, you should pay your respects and thanks! He is way more awesome than this lazy guy who's prematurely retiring.

Pfft... Kids these days... no respect for their elders.
    TWC Divus

in patronicvm svb Garbarsardar patronvm celcvm qvo,Professor420et Amroth et Jones King
    Publius says: oh please, i love talk about trans-special mating. sends a gentle tickle down the back of my spine
    MarcusCorneliusMarcellus says: i sucked at exams, but was considered the best lawyer in the class, because I could always find the hole

He's going into the sex toy business with Merlin, I hear.

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor420 View Post
    He's going into the sex toy business with Merlin, I hear.
    I thought he was opening up a taco shack with NameRankNumber?

TWC Divus

And I thought he was going to catch some "Shrimp"'s.

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

Aah... the old, feared, FATW humour

I'll sure miss ya Pal. Thanks for the trust regarding the map etc. and everything else :wink:

At least FATW is in good hand, good luck Aradan!

W

Best of lucks, Master. Although we have never communicated directly, I have the deepest respect for your mod and for the support you have given to the modding community in general and FRRE in particular.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast