Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i bet the English will beet Americans! ['cos of stats n all]

Default i bet the English will beet Americans! ['cos of stats n all]

i bet the English will beat Americans!

i think the units will be better for the english, so ca will have to do some tricks to make america win - due to the way stats work!?

how do you see such things playing out in the game?
    Last edited by Amorphos; August 22, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: i bet the English will beet Americans! ['cos of stats n all]

I don't think so. England tends to get some good attention in the mods, but not end all-be-all. I found France to be better off unit wise in MTWII Than England.

Americans will most likely be better at ambushing/skirmishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalos View Post
    Agreed, I think America will have the improvements of ambushing, stamina(those red coats are sweaty) and morale.

On the other hand, the British will probably have better armour(if any at all), and attack due to their weapons and surplus of bayonets.

And drinking

Indefinitely Banned

Yes Americans are like insurgents.

Will King George get a "Mission Accomplished" banner too?

LOL, and a Boston Surge Strategy event.

bah the english units will be far superior like romans Vs barbarians - they can skirmish all they like.

i will send what i can to america even if i have to give up fighting the french on the continent.
    america wont exist at first? - it will be a british colony, then i would expect rebels to pop up everywhere similar to what happened to rome in BITW.
    Last edited by Amorphos; August 22, 2007 at 04:41 PM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

King George.

On the deck of a ship.

In a red Coat.

With "Mission Accomplished" In ye old letters.

This being an event that occurs after the Red Coats take New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    King George.

On the deck of a ship.

In a red Coat.

With "Mission Accomplished" In ye old letters.

This being an event that occurs after the Red Coats take New York City.
    Of course then the war against America would have to go on for many years after this, public opinion of it would have to plummet, King George would be hated, and the Americans would continue fighting by using guerrilla tactics such as roadside bombs and... wait, I'm getting my wars confused.

Of course then the war against America would have to go on for many years after this, public opinion of it would have to plummet, King George would be hated, and the Americans would continue fighting by using guerrilla tactics such as roadside bombs and... wait, I'm getting my wars confused.
    Nope, you're not. Ben Franklin would soon develop the roadside bomb.

It would however require a nearby rebel yank to light the fuse.

Anyway, there's no real strong, or unfair bias for CA. I don't doubt they'll pay special attention to the English...but that is to be expected, and kind of implied, by a mod of this era.

1/4th of the World Empire, after all.

Muagan_ra's Avatar Senator

The Colonists will have Regulars like the British, but the British "Redcoats" will be of much higher quality. Colonial forces are likely to have a high concentration of Militia (if the game is at all true to history, instead of just pleasing American gamers) but maybe morale benefits to offset statistical weakness?

1/4th of the World Empire, after all.
    indeed! i suppose it will be balanced because of this fact. you would risk the empire by paying too much attention to america - as happened in real life.

of course we held onto canada so after napoleon we could attack in greater numbers, but it may be too late by then.

edders's Avatar Senator

It's quite possible the revolution will be handled more due to what happens on the strat map rather than some sort of Warcraft 3-style army composition (this faction is good at stealth, this faction has strong but limited fighters..etc.). In other words when the Revolution occurs it'll involve the British at a slight disadvantage (lots of rebelling cities or something) which means that if both factions are AI then America will usually achieve independence, without making it impossible for a British player to retain the colonies

Eric's Avatar Praepositus

Yes they will 'beet' the americans. Give the Americans hundreds and hundreds of red-coloured root vegetables. The Boston Beet Party, it will be called, and the American market will be flooded with cheap British beets, and thus will the burgeoning American beet market be destroyed, cutting off the Rebels financial support that they had previously acquired from rich beet farmers.

...Sorry, I got a little carried away there. But really, it's beAt. With an A. And yes, with my military mind at the helm, the Americans won't get NEARLY as far!
    Better to stand under the Crown than to kneel under a Flag

Life is fleeting, but glory lives forever! Conquer new lands, rule over the seas, build an empire! World Alliances

The Boston Beet Party
    damn my spelling i better go editing

yeah if controlled by AI america will win, but a little modding will change all that. if i play the french i will want to beat a great empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Yes they will 'beet' the americans. Give the Americans hundreds and hundreds of red-coloured root vegetables. The Boston Beet Party, it will be called, and the American market will be flooded with cheap British beets, and thus will the burgeoning American beet market be destroyed, cutting off the Rebels financial support that they had previously acquired from rich beet farmers.

...Sorry, I got a little carried away there. But really, it's beAt. With an A. And yes, with my military mind at the helm, the Americans won't get NEARLY as far!
    I was tempted to say that but I'm being nice today.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    i bet the English will beat Americans!

i think the units will be better for the english, so ca will have to do some tricks to make america win - due to the way stats work!?

how do you see such things playing out in the game?
    A skilled player can beat any faction with the poorer factions, not that there is evidence to support the USA as an underpowered faction. There might be an event to make the USA appear like the Mongols or the Tim's. Perhaps even a real civil revolt (recall MTW) in the UK territories that are held in that area.

America might have had different tactics, but they were able to beat off the home nation. Once the war was over, it quickly became an economic powerhouse and larger political player.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

America might have had different tactics, but they were able to beat off the home nation
    sure yes, yet the americans had help from the french so a better navy commander for the british could cut the french supplies somewhat. english were better trained which counts for a lot in past TW games, although many americans had fought with them.

i agree about the mtw, mongol thing.

Americans should have the advantage because unlike European powers who relyed heavily on massed army's america specialezed in precision and this can be seen in their progress in rifles
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast