Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: 10 Factions!?

Yoram777's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Expanded confirmed factions

Quote Originally Posted by NakedBarbarian View Post
    well you could show your appreciation by +rep i know im cheeky
    Well I would, if you tell me how to because I don’t see the green + button anywhere
    Last edited by Yoram777; September 04, 2007 at 09:43 PM.

Ferrets54's Avatar Praefectus Praetorio

Quote Originally Posted by Yoram777 View Post
    but since the USA will be playable as the Thirteen Colonies it seems logical that we won't get north america all the way from the east coast to the west coast.:hmmm:

map of the thirteen Colonies (I also posted it in the map thread):
    Why is this logical? Fifty factions provides ample room for some Native Americans.

Jack Lusted's Avatar Creative Assembly
    Citizen

My post at .org was derived from these posts by Thamis:

We have over 50 factions in the game, and we can't create all of them in the full detail they deserve. Therefore we limit the number of playable factions, but we can't say which ones are playable just yet, simply because we haven't made a final decision. Rest assured though that all major factions (even the non-playable ones) will be represented in high detail.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...9&postcount=57

Don't under-estimate the other nations at the time.

- Russia was just modernizing its military, and was conquering Siberia.
    - Poland-Lithuania was the biggest central European power.
    - Sweden fought over 20 years of expansionary wars.
    - Austria-Hungary drove back the Ottomans and conquered Bohemia, Moravia, and Silesia.
    - Prussia emerged as the first modern state.
    - England reached the peak of its power.
    - The Ottoman Empire stretched from Persia across all of North Africa to Croatia and the Crimea.
    - Spain's empire is in decline, but still covers the whole world.
    - The United Provinces (Netherlands) had the largest merchant empire at the time. They were insanely rich.
    - Venice is in decline, but also insanely rich.

This time period is rich of great nations vying for power, in Europe, America, and India (the struggle between the Marathas and the Mughals took place in this century, with the English, French, Portuguese, and Dutch meddling in local affairs and destabilizing both local empires). Expect many epic confrontations between great powers, which can sometimes be too dangerous to be fought in home territories.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...19#post2094219

No, that is NOT the initial playable faction list. It's just a list of important nations in the period.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...2&postcount=79

Fifty is excellent news! At first I was disappointed only ten factions were playable and I guessed that meant at max twenty or so factions in the game, which is obviously far too few if the map is to cover the whole world. I'm ecstatic.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Cheers for clearing that up Lusted,

Though the fact that they were even mentioned in the first place leads me to believe they will be included

@Atheist Priest

50 factions to few?! don't get greedy mate we've never had this many factions in a game! Im just thankful we're getting more than europe and token middleast/northern africa!
    Know that you shall die like whores and the cries of your writhings shall rise to please their lord, so before the sword, side with me in the slaughter....

Poland Lithuania FTW!

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

Default Re: Faction amount? I dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarbiter View Post
    Well the reason why the English were quite sucessful in India is because they were all feudal and split up. Unless ofcourse you want all 15 of those kingdoms that have like 1 province to be playable I don't see what the fuss is .

It's just 50 to represent how huge the world is and because there are A LOT of small kingdoms.

and TBH those 15 Indian kingdoms don't really need their individual units... obviously them all being clones wouldn't be good but you need a balance.
    well thats wat i was saying, i said that alot of them would be 1 province kingdoms and dont need to be playable. my main question was whether or not 10 was the starting number, or the total number of playable factions, which has been answered, thanx.
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Faction amount? I dont get it

I completely agree.. -Unnecessary comment removed-
    Last edited by Elric von Rabenfels; September 03, 2007 at 05:05 PM.

Default 50 Factions?

The general announcement I read said ten playable factions. I believe only some of these factions have been named. I read in a few threads that there will be 50 factions (including the non-playable, but hopefully modable to play factions). Is the 50 factions number correct? Did CA confirm this number?

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: 50 Factions?

yes, it is correct but you never know.

Indefinitely Banned

Yes that's right. Although there will probably be many emergent, and non-playable minor factions.

Trax's Avatar It's a conspiracy!

IIRC Thamis said "more then 50 factions".

i read 10 playable factions but there will probably be 50....i think there will be the:
    British
    France
    Spain
    Prussia
    Austria
    Russia
    Ottoman Empire
    USA
    Portugal
    China
    those are probably all playable
    Non playable ate prob some from india and african nations and native south america like the incas

preston's Avatar Semisalis

china wont be in man lol the map doesn't go that far east
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Primicerius

I've already discussed this in another topic with Armfelt but we never reached to a satisfying conclusion on my part.
    Why does CA choose to lock some factions? Is it because they have too few units like the Aztecs in MTW2?

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

It's because we have to test every playable faction extensively before shipping the game. Basically, we have our testers play every faction's campaign many many times, checking for crashes, balance problems, and fun factor. If we made all factions directly playable, we'd be obliged to test all of them, which is too expensive.

wow thamis i didnt know thats a good point, i always wondered the same thing...

Friend
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Thamis View Post
    It's because we have to test every playable faction extensively before shipping the game. Basically, we have our testers play every faction's campaign many many times, checking for crashes, balance problems, and fun factor. If we made all factions directly playable, we'd be obliged to test all of them, which is too expensive.
    Does that mean only the roman factions were tested in the campaign in RTW? :hmmm:

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier View Post
    Does that mean only the roman factions were tested in the campaign in RTW? :hmmm:
    not just the roman factions were playable in RTW. carthage, gaul, greek states and other factions i dont remember were also playble so all those were tested not just the roman factions

Hunter Makoy's Avatar We got 2 words for ya..

im still wondering y there r only 10 playable factions when there is a total of 50. i've discussed this on another forum, and most people were under the impression that 10 was just the starting factions, and that more would be unlocked, however, from reading the official press releases, it looks like 10 total.

Thamis can u maybe give me a concrete answer on whether the 10 playable factions r only the starting playable factions? or is it 10 playable total (without modding)
    Under the patronage of Lord Condormanius (12.29.08)
    "Yes, I know why the leaf is turning yellow. Its a lack of chloroform."

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast