Thread: Historical figure in ETW

Default Historical figure in ETW

3 so far

1. Peter the Great. Russia
    2. Charls XII the warrior king of Sweden
    3. Lord Malborough, GB I know that hit kicked some french but

Now ther rest. Will Napoleon be in the mix or Louie...you know the guy with the big wigs. Fredrick II of Prussia mayby. Gerorge Washington USA???
    Grand Vizer Kara Mustafa for the ottomans. Help me out. i need more names

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Historical figure in ETW

prehaps it would be good to have well generals from eachtime

like:-

Saxe, Malborough, Prince Eugene etc

Frederick the great, duke of cumberland etc

Montcalm, James Wolfe, Robert Clive etc

Washington, Howe, Cornwallis, Arnold when he changes sides, Gates etc

Plus it would be good for monarchs, prime ministers and different parts of government as advisors like :- Foreign minister, ministry of defence, home secretary etc, since it would be more realistic. example Pitt the elder, lord north, pitt the younger etc or even King George II and III.
    Last edited by jackwei; August 24, 2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: missed out some words cheers!!

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Default Historical Characters - Gustav III

Will Gustav III of Sweden be murdered in the game? I wonder if they will go that far in realism, that this could be an event in the game.
    Historically, Gustav III got shot in an operamasquerade the 15th of March 1792. The king got vital injuries and he died two weeks after being shot (29th of march). Gustav III ruled sweden in 1771-1792.

The question is simply if there will be more historical Characters then Charles XII of Sweden - for example Gustav III.
    And if he'll be in, will they take realism that far... so that it will get so historically correct that, the king get murdered.
    Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

Default Re: Historical Characters - Gustav III

I really doubt they do events like that.

Duke_of_Bavaria's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Historical Characters - Gustav III

No unfortunately I don't think that it will be possible since the game starts before Gustavus III comes to power. Hence you can't be certain that he is alive 1792, nor that Sweden is at war against the Danes etc. It's too complex in the end, I think. Not saying for sure though.

Kustjägarsoldat, A-dyk #31 Nordenskiöld - KJ för alltid!

Errabundi's Avatar Miles

Icon1 HEROES: Kosciuszko and Pulaski - will they appear in Commonwealth or America?

It just came to my mind what CA is going to do with those heroes. Kościuszko and Pułaski - will they appear in Poland-Lithuania or America?

Both of them, before they went to the US were the Commonwealth's commanders.

Possibly France will have the same problem with Marie-Joseph-Paul-Yves-Roch-Gilbert du Motier, marquis de La Fayette.

All of them had honorary US citizenship (not just a greencard)
    So finally I bought Total War: Rome 2. Regarding I payed 7.5$ for it, it's not a bad game at all!

cegorach's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: HEROES: Kosciuszko and Pulaski - will they appear in Commonwealth or America?

For Kosciuszko the war in America was only an EPISODE in his long life.
    He wasn't known as commander before 1792 in the Commonwealth so might start in America and return to Poland later.

For Pulaski it was his RETIREMENT - in a way.
    So might start in Poland and go to America.

It is difficult to solve that.... so agreed - I wonder how the game will handle the problem of such commanders.:hmmm:
    Last edited by cegorach; August 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Enemy of 'illiberal democracies', member of the B.A.L.T.S.
    VISIT Pike and Musket forums VISIT the amazing site about PLC
    under the patronage of the mighty ASTERIX

Default historical generals

is very important that in the game appear historical generals of different range for example france,D'erlon,Reille,Bachelu,Kellermann,Milhaud,Marcognet,Picquet,Friant,Morand,Foy,Durutte,Domon,Davout,Murat,Lannes,Oudinot,Ney,Bernadotte,Pellitier,Husson,Pire,Jerome,Quiot,etc ,great britain,Cooke,Alten,Wellington,Hill,Picton,etc,russia,Bagration,Denisov,Doctorov etc all they are historicall and put in the game his trusth faces and caracteristics personals is very import this for a mayor realism in the game.

Let's not forget the Total War ability to MAKE, not FOLLOW, history, so while I'd love to play the campaign map with great heroes such as the Duke of Wellington, in my world of Total War maybe circumstance led to me getting another, better general than our history gave us...
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

That is a very good point. Dispite what the game developers do give us in the way of historic generals, it will ultimately be the player's duty/pleasure to live them out as hostorically or ahistorically as possible. Still, let's hope the big names are in there to ride to victory or some tradgic early death due to the general charge bug .

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Horton III View Post
    Let's not forget the Total War ability to MAKE, not FOLLOW, history, so while I'd love to play the campaign map with great heroes such as the Duke of Wellington, in my world of Total War maybe circumstance led to me getting another, better general than our history gave us...
    Good point, it isn't a simulator or extended History Channel programme (for what that is worth), but a game. If Napoleon appears in France I expect he could just as quickly disappear before the "Napoleonic Age" starts, either killed by a computer faction or me invading from Spain. Pfft no more Napoleon... It becomes the Provocative Age!!!!