Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PDER - BigMap version! *Update - v1.1*

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: PDER - BigMap version!

Sure.. Now i've also corrected the bug about the freedom of catching up America since the starting turn..

Release will be ready very soon.. Plus various fixes.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by VirusITA View Post
    Sure.. Now i've also corrected the bug about the freedom of catching up America since the starting turn..

Release will be ready very soon.. Plus various fixes.
    Thanks again for keeping this updated! Awesome job!

I don t think there s any new world but I ve only got to 1120...it s a long game.
    One crazy thing is the Venetian leader has been standing on mytilos island for 30 years without attacking the rebels there and he s surrounded by 5 venetian fleets.Apart from that it plays well so far.

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Uploaded new screenshots

Could Someone help me to install this Mod, please. I have never Modded this game before and don't know how. I have downloaded the files for the big map version in the Medieval Total War file but the game just loads up the noremal version. I have tried clicking on the 'configfixer' and 'Bigmap.bat', but this merely opens up a black programme window which then instantly closes. Do I have to download some other Mods to make this Mod work, Or do I have to delete some of the original game files and replace them with the Mods?
    Could someone help please, as this looks like a really good mod.

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Hi You have pasted my folder into the wrong root.. Browse your C: and enter into Sega root. After that open "Medieval II Total War" folder and paste all files from "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" zipped folder (you need to open it, select all the files and paste 'em into "C:\Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\ root or something like that ). Now you can use configfixer.bat and run BigMap.bat

Remember, paste the files and not the folder into C:\Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\

Thanks, but I wasn't posting in the wrong root. I have extracted the files. When you say 'paste all files from "PDER 0.4 - BigMap"' do you mean the initail "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" file which includes all the content, or the secondary "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" file which just includes the files like data, prefences saves, ect. If it is the later then do I replace the existing files that come with the game.
    Also your configfixer.bat and BigMap.bat files are MS_DOS which just opens and closes and they are only 1kb in size, can this be right?

carricanta's Avatar Going Nowhere Fast!

Hi Socal!

What do you think about to include in your mod new aspects of Diplomacy?

I think that the game could have a new building, the Embassy, because permanent embassies around the middle ages were a fact (for instance, the embassy of the spanish king Enrique III in the Tamerlanīs Samarkanda in 1406)
    I consider that the game need another kind of diplomacy because the diplomat can offer alliances, money, regions... but they canīt warn about the violation of the own territory by other armies (concept close to the game "Civilization").

I suppose that it can be very difficult, but itīs only an idea.

Ah! i prefer to include more regions to the East, i expect a mod with armies in India and China! (so hard i consider...)

Thank you very much!

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by tantaluss View Post
    Thanks, but I wasn't posting in the wrong root. I have extracted the files. When you say 'paste all files from "PDER 0.4 - BigMap"' do you mean the initail "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" file which includes all the content, or the secondary "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" file which just includes the files like data, prefences saves, ect. If it is the later then do I replace the existing files that come with the game.
    Also your configfixer.bat and BigMap.bat files are MS_DOS which just opens and closes and they are only 1kb in size, can this be right?
    :hmmm:You were right, you have to paste "all the content", not the second "PDER 0.4 - BigMap" with saves & co :hmmm: Configfixer.bat and BigMap.bat are ms_dos files, the second one will auto-launch the main medieval.exe running my mod.
    I don't know what is it.. Have you installed the 1.2 patch? Probably re-installing M2TW will solve it :hmmm:Strange

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: PDER - BigMap version! *Updated v1.1*

Release version 1.1 of BigMap PDER

v1.1 - What's New:
    - Fixed all known bugs (mines, naval movements restriction, ...)
    - Added a lot of isles to Adriatic and Aegean Seas (give a look at the screenshots)
    - Improved map (woodlands into mountain passes, smoother coasts, ambushes , ...)
    - New PDER icon included.

Default Re: PDER - BigMap version! *Updated v1.1*

Quote Originally Posted by VirusITA View Post
    Release version 1.1 of BigMap PDER

v1.1 - What's New:
    - New PDER icon included.

woohooo!

Default Re: PDER - BigMap version! *Update - v1.1*

Does PDER Bigmap work with Kingdoms now or does Kingdoms PDER version use Bigmap?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabain View Post
    Does PDER Bigmap work with Kingdoms now or does Kingdoms PDER version use Bigmap?
    Kingdoms PDER still uses the regular map with more provinces. VirusITA was having trouble getting his hands on a copy of Kingdoms to update his BigMap PDER to it.

Currently under development for standard and Kingdoms PDER is an extended map - 35% bigger than current map and extended to the East and North. Check this thread out for details!

Cheers!

Hi,iīm playing with version 1.2 and with every faction i play when i end my 1st turn it doesnīt go beyond Sicilia(if i play with Sicilia it doest go past Genoa)it doesnīt CTD just stays there and i wait and wait and eventually have to quit.
    Have any idea why?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d.noronha View Post
    Hi,iīm playing with version 1.2 and with every faction i play when i end my 1st turn it doesnīt go beyond Sicilia(if i play with Sicilia it doest go past Genoa)it doesnīt CTD just stays there and i wait and wait and eventually have to quit.
    Have any idea why?
    thanks
    You playing a No-CD crack?

yes

Quote Originally Posted by d.noronha View Post
    yes
    That's the problem then...nothing can be done about it short of using the disc...

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

I just tested and I have a small remark: can't you please remove all that is "black" on the map and use FoW only ? It would help to move diplomats/armies/... more smoothly

Otherwise, nice map! It's fun to play!

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

strange... it worked quite well with England but when I try a Danish campaigne, it's CTD. I've applied the solution regarding the sound files, so I do not see what's wrong

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by IIyamaXP View Post
    I just tested and I have a small remark: can't you please remove all that is "black" on the map and use FoW only ? It would help to move diplomats/armies/... more smoothly

Otherwise, nice map! It's fun to play!
    Sorry man, i use to play with this dark fow because it makes exploring more interesting (and map informations more useful), anyway i forgot to remove it like i did for the BigMap PDER 1.0. Sorry!

Fix--->
    http://files.filefront.com/Defaultzi.../fileinfo.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast