Thread: Starting in ImperatorIIv2.1+(hotfix)

Default Starting in ImperatorIIv2.1+(hotfix)

has anyone got past 275BCE successfully? I can beat Captain Pyrus (when he returns) but after that every battle i loose too many men and have to quit the game, any one do any better. I was fine with v2.0 but not now

Default Re: Starting in ImperatorIIv2.1+(hotfix)

I have just defeated him too. The fight was easier than I expected. But I'm not having any problems. I still have one and a half legion and my economy is getting better. ( in IMP terms I'm only in 15000 denarii debt )

Btw it's my first Imperator campaign ever and it left me an incredible feeling. Perfect work Lestat!

Senator

yeah perfect work indeed. ive never used cheats cept for toggle_fow in rtr and i didn't want to for this mod though it was very tempting. anyways i managed to take all of italy without cheats. awesome mod!

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Earlier in 1.6 version it's much more difficult, but since then (back in RTR forum) I have many pm telling me it's too difficult.

Since then I havee tone it down a bit (but not too much I hope).

Anyway, hope you guys are enjoying it. If anyone wants to continue updating this mod it will be great since I no longer been active in modding this anymore.

I believe all known CTD problem has been corrected. Only the occasionally ones (if still exist) are probably left overs of either RTRPE or RTW itself.

Still, it is advisable to keep multiple saves (I kept mine every 5 game years) so you'll have back-ups in case anything happen.

p/s: I still waiting to hear report if anyone manage to get past 66/67 BC (RTRPE major bugs) ???

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I believe all known CTD problem has been corrected. Only the occasionally ones (if still exist) are probably left overs of either RTRPE or RTW itself.
    While playing Imp 2.1 I saw a bug which I have never seen before: the enemy reinforcement army unit entered the battlefield and moved slowly in a straight line. When I carried the cursor over it it showed "This unit is ready to enter battlefield". How can this be? It was ON the battlefield. This happened twice. I can even post a sreenshot if anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Artax View Post
    While playing Imp 2.1 I saw a bug which I have never seen before: the enemy reinforcement army unit entered the battlefield and moved slowly in a straight line. When I carried the cursor over it it showed "This unit is ready to enter battlefield". How can this be? It was ON the battlefield. This happened twice. I can even post a sreenshot if anyone interested.
    I think "This unit is ready to enter battlefield" message will only be gone when all units ha crossed into the battle area.

Anyway, the bug I'm sure is not part of any modifications made since it sounds/looks more like game engine thing (unless something changes in the formation mods).

I think "This unit is ready to enter battlefield" message will only be gone when all units ha crossed into the battle area.

Anyway, the bug I'm sure is not part of any modifications made since it sounds/looks more like game engine thing (unless something changes in the formation mods).
    This happened once more and I understood why. The unit has to march a bit before entering the field. During this march one or two soldiers from a unit got stuck in a rocks. Rest of the unit entered battlefield carrying that message "this unit is ready to enter battlefield". Moved in a straight line (reminds of a phalanx moving backwards to catch crazy wandering soldiers) and got slaughtered by my velites (that crazy unit was gallic chosen spearmen and velites suffered 0 losses). Later those few soldiers, who were stuck managed to enter the battlefield and behaved as usual.

And thanks LestaT for making such a hard mod. From the previews it seems that RTR VII will be as hard as Imp, but with all factions playable and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Artax View Post

And thanks LestaT for making such a hard mod. From the previews it seems that RTR VII will be as hard as Imp, but with all factions playable and much more.
    I play Imp at H/H ..

In RTR VII/TIC .. we played/test on M/M .. and it's hard enough...

p/s: as to the rocks, you can enable/disable it at any time (using the approriate .exe provided) anytime before starting/loading the game. It's not related to save games etc. Same with turn of/off the flags.

I play Imp at H/H ..

In RTR VII/TIC .. we played/test on M/M .. and it's hard enough...
    Glad to hear this

p/s: as to the rocks, you can enable/disable it at any time (using the approriate .exe provided) anytime before starting/loading the game. It's not related to save games etc. Same with turn of/off the flags.
    Thanks I will do this if there be more problems.

I have a felling its to do with rebellions, especially as you might have encoded a Gaius Jullius Ceaser somewhere in the scrips, not sure yet. anyway im there now
    For King and Country
    Every one I give you
    King George his most Britanic Majesty

The fighting 95th, First in the field and the last out of the Fray

Why don't they have a Prussian Flag instead of German