Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY georgia is in the mode?

Praepositus

Default WHY georgia is in the mode?

From the little i know georgian kingdom wasn't very significant in his region and didn't affected the things a lot .It could be a rebel nation.

Default Re: WHY georgia is in the mode?

Please study this diagram.

"I don't want to sit around Windsor because ermm .. I just generally don't like England that much" - Prince Harry, 3rd in Line for the British Thrown

For King or Country - The English civil wars.

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

Why should it be a rebel nation? And you are saying "the little I know" so google it or something. Cause if you even know that you dont know to much about georgia, why are you saying it should be i.e a rebel nation?
    Read this to begin with. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...orgia_(country)
    And just wait until Tadz comes

If you wanna discuss georgia post here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88816

@AD: LOL
    † Հայաստան: Իմ սիրելի Հայաստան:
    The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle.
    - Under the patronage of another Rex Armeniae Drtad | Տրտադ

@ jo the greek:

They've already created a unit roster for Georgia twice and now they are re-doing the roster a third time. I have a feeling the modders will be pissed when they see this question. I think the faction list has been finalised as almost alll units have been done. Debate is only open for future factions.

Praepositus

just being curious ??

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Georgia lasted as a Christian state until the 17th century in which it became a vassal to the Russian Empire. The only ones to put Georgia down where the fleeing Khwarzemshah and the Mongols, only for Georgia to rise again in a short period of time.

Somehow, this small surrounded nation held its own and survived. Okay, we know how but that is not really important.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

just being curious ??
    why curious? can you bring some arguments, why Georgia dosn't be in faction list?

Georgia played a huge role in Kypchak politics and were always being threatened by the Seljuks, not to mention they are essential to gameplay in that region. But honestly i don't know what makes you think you can walk in here and just discard of the hours of work and research done by modders and some of the community. Please read the forum thoroughly before you post so abruptly. If you take a look at the Georgian thread, the units look really good and are currently being upgraded to look better.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Removing Georgia means removing hours of work, and all of the northern tip of the map, and this means the a lot of regions and two factions are out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

bah, no way that georgia or any other faction that is in now would even be considered removed.
    I just think OP was asking the importance of georgia in this time. Clearly, he had no clue that Georgia indeed was a strong medieval kingdom.
    This thread should be closed, and further discussion go here.

Jo the Greek you are forgetting that the Kingdom Of Georgia at it's peek had control of all the north eastern part of turkey. this severly put a stop to the turkish advance in mainland greece. Infact as soon as Georgia fell to the mongols in 1236 ad the turks began their campaign for asia minor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia...dieval_Georgia.

if it's not significant to defend the very symbol of eastern Christiananity then what is

teh.frickin.pope's Avatar Senator

WHY georgia is in the mode?
    Because Tadz would eat their face if it wasn't

But seriously, Georgia was one of the few nations that gave a serious(and successful) challenge to early Islamic expansion, and continued as a stronghold of christianity until sacked by the mongols. It was Georgia that stopped the turks from taking the route that the mongols did, thus keeping eastern europe safe.
    Last edited by teh.frickin.pope; August 21, 2007 at 10:42 AM.

Broken Crescent, Its Frickin Awesome! Sig by Atterdag +rep
    Stop Uwe Boll!

Praepositus

I didn't meant for the faction being removed.
    I just wanted to unterstand they way of thinking that is behind of these
    because in vanilia would make it only if was a very significant region.

Quote Originally Posted by jo the greek View Post
    I didn't meant for the faction being removed.
    I just wanted to unterstand they way of thinking that is behind of these
    because in vanilia would make it only if was a very significant region.
    CA left out a lot of factions that were important to the period (Serbia, Bulgaria, Ifriqiya, Armenia, Bohemia, Georgia, just to name a few). Just because CA did not put Georgia in their game at all except as one castle (Tblisi) with "Steppe Rebels" in it is because to create Georgia, they would have to rely on more than just pictoral sources and would have to use more creativity then they are accustomed to. Georgia defied Turkish invaders, and even when overwhelmed by an opposing force (Byzatium, Khwarezm, Mongols) they got back on their feet in a short amount of time. The durability of a kingdom is a factor when choosing a faction list.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Praepositus

I thank yu for the answears.

Indefinitely Banned

That's Right
    How great is he who gains the world but loses their soul? :hmmm:

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

From the little i know georgian kingdom wasn't very significant in his region and didn't affected the things a lot .It could be a rebel nation.
    I do not have desire to read for you here lecture on the Georgian history and about Caucasus, I only shall tell those basic moments, why Georgia in a mod:

1. Kingdom of Georgia was independent Despite of set invasion of enemies up while in 1801-1866 Russia occupied all Georgian kingdoms and princedoms.

2. the Royal family Georgian Bagrationion's (in Armenia - Bagratuni) rulled Georgia over 1000 year and this royal dinasty is oldest in Europe.

3. Georgia declared Christianity in 319-326 AD as state religion, and became second official Christian state after Armenia in the world.

4. Georgian alphabet is one of them oldest and one of them 14th original, unique alphabets in the world.

5. Georgian statehood are also one of them oldest in the world (since XII-IX c. BC).

6. Georgian well known in the ortodox Christianity world religion persons and teologian founded Georgian religion centers in Palestina, Jeruslaem, m. Sinay, Antioch, i. Cyprus, in Greece (in Konstantinople, on the m. Athon), in Bulgaria, in Romania.

7. in XI-XIII c. AD and later in 1336-1380, 1410-1466 .Kingdom of Georgia was one of the richest, powerful and strongest CHRISTIAN ORTODOX satet in the near-east and played major role in east politics.

8. in XI-XV c. On the Georgian lands passed main magistral of silk-road trade ways.

9. Even then, when Georgia became vassal of Mongols in 1236 AD, as describes Marco Polo, Georgia was one of the richest country in the Near East. On correspondence of Mongols in Georgia lived up to 5,5 million people and Georgia had military potencial of 90 000 horsemen (only HORSEMEN).

10. Georgia defeated Turkish power in near east, became as native allies for Crusaders. Georgia had one of them strongets army and brave warriors in the medieval world, Georgia defeated muslims coalition armyes in several major battles of world and regional value - battle of Didgori on 1121 AD (56 000 Georgian VS 150 000 -300 000 Jihad army of Turks-arabs-kurds), battle of Shamkor in 1195 AD (Georgia VS atabag Abubakrs of IAzerbaijan and Iran), battle of Basian (90 000 Georgians VS 200 000 Rums turkish army of Rukn AD'Din) and more...

11. in XI-XIII c., even during Mongols invasion and later, in 1326 Ad, when Georgians defeated Mongols power in Caucasus and revival again as empire, Kingdom of Georgia dictated the conditions on the Near-East, for example in Jerusalem only Georgians could enter with opened national banners, on horses and taxes to moslems did not pay. after Crusaders defeated in Jerusalem, Georgians holded the keys from Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem until XVII c.

12. look at the map in on top, this was Georgian empire in XII-XIII c.

13. by help of Georgia was founded Trabizon Empire in 1204, as vassal state of Georgia, even until Georgian kingdom was separated on 4 Georgian small kingdoms in 1466 AD. Georgian army conquered not only Byzantian lands, they invaded in Persia in 1210 and conquered many Persian cityes: Marand, Tebriz, Zenjan, Kazvin and have reached Khoresm, made this cities as tribunaryties of Georgian empire.

in 1219 AD, Georgia prepared to invesion in holy land as allies 5th Crusaders, but in 1220 AD mongols troops by leadership Subuday and Jebe appeared on the Georgian borders from south Caspian sea. this was a very importent point NOT only for Georgian and Caucasus history, but for history of near-east too. if Georgian defeated and stoped Mongols, this will be a great choice for "hardrock" gamers of this game to change history NOT only Caucasus, but Byzantium and all east Christians!

15. in the game Georgia rebalanced the regional power in near-east, will stop Turks, Mongols and Khwarezm fast-grow on the west and north !

16. after Byzantine decline, Georgia became major eastern Christian ortodox strongest state in near-east !

17. there are meny points, why Georgia is in factions and my advice to you, learn more books about Caucasus and Georgian history.

18. I tell you , why Georgia isn't in CA factions, because after Soviet isolation, the west democratic word didn't know real history ex-soviet states, like Georgia and Armenia.

19. Dtrdat sad true, CA has passed meny importent factions in several regions, in near-east this "passed" factions are - Kingdom of Georgia and Kingdom of Armenian (in Cilicia).

20. at last, Georgia is in faction list, because this is decisions of mod leaders !!!

now, did you understand or not ?

P.S.

thanks team members and fans, special thanks for Armenians !
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; August 21, 2007 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arsen View Post
    And just wait until Tadz comes
    i told u

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast