Thread: Marian reform

Default Marian reform

I got Marian reform in 211. I thoughts that in this mod this comes by scripts or it comes again from the second imperial city?

Default Re: Marian reform

so whats your point not meaning to be rude. Theres different scenarios for that *censored* marian popping along stealing my precious hastatii and my triarii.

Question while im here. Can i recruit italian hastatii and principes after marian reform?
    "I came, I saw, I conquered.

What exactly are the terms for those blody REFORMS!

joerd9's Avatar Decanus

I always thought that the conditions for the MR were hardcoded:
    An imperial palace anywhere on the italian peninsular but not in Rome (that means you can have an imperial palace in Rome, it just won't trigger anything).

well actually imperator uses the marian reform after 2 or 3 turns purposey without any buildings needing built so its not hardcoded.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

For the Marian Campaign, yes since SPQR already have a few imperial palace all over Italy. The first end turn will trigger the reform.

For the normal campaign, it's still as the hard coded reforms. Only the second reform (Imperial Reform) is activated through script but it'll only happen very late into the campaign (around 14 BC I think).

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Is it possible for you to tell us the conditions for the reform. I'm in 108BCE and only had the Marian reform for 40 years, which are scripted for 126BCE.