Thread: Help

Icon8 Help

I just installed this mod, and the preferences doc in my main MTW 2 folder is totally blank. I was trying to re-enable the unit marker arrows when I discovered this. I need someone to send me a copy of the original doc so I don'yt have to uninstall and re-install the whole game.

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Help

Have you checked SV's own preference file (a cfg-file named "SicilianVespers")?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I just installed this mod, and the preferences doc in my main MTW 2 folder is totally blank. I was trying to re-enable the unit marker arrows when I discovered this. I need someone to send me a copy of the original doc so I don'yt have to uninstall and re-install the whole game.
    How is it possible to get an empty cfg file without to deleting all the entries?

However, as Demokritos said, you could copy the entry of the SV cfg: But not all of it ...
    Copy everything between the [log] block and SUB, that means the blocks from [audio] to [video].
    That should work for you, as it is the same as of the M2 cfg, and then you can just edit it.

Btw., to send original unmodified vanilla data is illegal (my duty to tell you this as a moderator of this forum).
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    You could try starting a vanilla game to generate the medieval2.preference.cfg file.

Just go into option, change something, and apply changes.

If you copy the contents from another cfg file just delete this part after copying:

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = ModFolderName

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Thanks. Figured it out and all is good.