Thread: Experienced and hard working people required for ambitious mod

Default Experienced and hard working people required for ambitious mod

Hi there. I'm looking to put together a motley crew of unorthodox yet undeniably talented people who can make my dream a reality. Here's what I want:

I love Medieval 2 Total War, but playing on the same old map can get tiresome, you know? Yeah, you know.
    So I'm looking for a team who can make me a Medieval 2 Total War "whole world" map. As the name suggests, this would allow me to play the game on the whole world, from Australia to the north pole (remember to pack your sheep-skins!)

Also, I have grown tired with the way that it is strictly limited to the Medieval era. Don't get me wrong, I love the period, but what I'm really looking for is a game experience that takes me from that time period into the information age and right through to future tech space wars.

So there you have it. Ideally, I would like work on this mod to be finished by Christmas this year. Unfortunately I am a very busy man and will not be able to work on it myself. In fact, anyone who wants to work on it should not contact me at all, since I will almost certainly be too busy to reply. My advice is that you all organise yourself into a group and get my mod finished for me instead of asking me questions.

I've already done the hard part in that I've come up with the name:

"OHHH YEAH BABY THAT'S WHAT I CALL A MOD ROCK ON!"

So what are you waiting for? Get cracking.

bubka's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Experienced and hard working people required for ambitious mod

Oh I am undeniably talented.
    I'm mastering logic and set theory fast.
    anyway I'm in. I like the spirit.
    So tails up mate, hand in hand and off we go!
    Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy with set theory and music too, so I won't be able to do any work myself.
    I will do another tremendously difficult part of the work and appoint me the chairman of the project. When it is done, call me to inaugurate it!
    And no I can't wait till christmas, boys, I want it done by end october. And be warned, I am very strict about deadlines.
    Co founder of the Rookie's Nook!
    • New to modding?
    • Have some experience?
    • No experience at all?
    Then Rookie's Nook is just about the perfect place for you! Join the other newbies in your first projects here! Make your dreams come true ...

Revolutionary idea, I like. I'm in.

I'll do it for October, but this means I'll be to busy modding to answer any emails from other people who wish to help, so you'll have to guess which parts to do and we'll put it together at the end. I also demand that a tea lady be appointed, I can get quite thirsty.

Bubka, expect my email in October, and btw, I expect a bonus if done before the target date.

Fantastic, this project is shaping up really well. Finished by October? You guys are off the ****ing chain! That's great news.

Now it's not that I don't trust you guys; on the contrary, I have every faith in your ability. However, I am slightly concerned that by bringing the deadline forward to October you may be setting yourselves up to rush the design of the space age part of the game.
    It is very important that at this stage of the game it remains true to it's Total War heritage. If when the project is finished it plays like some kind of Star Wars: Empires at War clone I will be bitterly disappointed.
    Also, try to be a bit imaginative with regard to the campaign victory conditions. Again, if when I play this mod it is just "control fifty planets" to win the campaign I certainly wont be very impressed.

I hate to be a tough boss guys, but I know that to be a good project leader this is sometimes necessary. You'll thank me in the end.

Good news guys there is already an entire team of experience modders ready to step in for just this sort of thing, see here,
    there is even a tea 'lady' already lined up.
    (who will probably kill me if ever reads this thread)

I of course would love to help but will be much to busy to actually produce anything for the next few months, so will just join up as concept director and pop in occasionally to tell you what you are doing wrong...

I'm afraid MasterOfNone is too underqualified to make my tea. Keep the applicants rolling in (put bouncers on the door to keep out the riff raff).

As what appears to be my role of lead coder, I ran into an absolutely massive bug when unpacking the files. Don't worry though, I've opened a thread entitled 'please help' in lots of locations to gain coverage (people will understand due to the importance of this mod).
    Last edited by Dick; August 20, 2007 at 06:48 PM.

With a thread starting with (and the words displayed from the forum index) "Experienced and hard" and a lead coder named "Dick," I can't help but know this will succeed (and giggle).
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

Hey guys I can offer loads of great research!

I know how to use Wikipedia AND Google!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

MedievalRapper have you done any work for this mod?

If you haven't, and I mean this in the best possible way, it sounds like your just getting people to do a mod for you. Should you really take credit for something you didn't work on?

And if you did do some work well then I'm really sorry.

Medieval Rapper, are you serious or sarcastic?

If you're serious, I'm going to laugh my balls off!

Indefinitely Banned

Funniest thread ever. +rep to medievelrapper.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply
    MedievalRapper have you done any work for this mod?

If you haven't, and I mean this in the best possible way, it sounds like your just getting people to do a mod for you. Should you really take credit for something you didn't work on?

And if you did do some work well then I'm really sorry.
    Satire.

This is obviously a joke.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

i can cut through it like butter
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Dinadan View Post
    i can cut through it like butter

Is that because you're experienced and hard? (working)

Quote Originally Posted by bubka View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy with set theory and music too, so I won't be able to do any work myself.
    I will do another tremendously difficult part of the work and appoint me the chairman of the project. When it is done, call me to inaugurate it!
    And no I can't wait till christmas, boys, I want it done by end october. And be warned, I am very strict about deadlines.
    Pfff... i hope this one won't end up like rookies nook.

Author of the Battle of Kenross AAR

preston's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by bubka View Post
    edited.
    Last edited by preston; August 22, 2007 at 12:18 PM.
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

Max and preston: I assume bubka's post was sarcastic due to the nature of this thread. I will also assume you didn't know that due to the obvious satire and sarcasm of this thread.

I urge you both to try to handle yourselves with at least as much tact and class as you demonstrated in this thread.

You are antagonizing someone because he tried at something and failed due to inexperience. There was no malice or ill intention. Mods fail all the time, now you are all wiser for it. As far as TW modding goes, the Rookie's Nook "Controversy" is at an almost comical level; its nothing, you all should move on. Where does your antagonizing get you? It burns bridges, may keep you away from good ideas or teams in the future. The Nook was a good idea, it just suffered from lack of leadership and experience, hardly unique amongst mods. Really, there's no need for antagonizing members for failed good intentions, no matter how good it makes you feel; it makes you LOOK immature, and you come off as inferior. If my choice were between you or bubka, who would I choose? I have a new modder who had a good idea and failed with it, or a new modder who attacks someone because they genuinely tried and failed. Its not really a hard choice, or one favorable to you.

I would suggest, preston, you edit your post, and be more considerate of other modders and the community in general, or you will find yourself an outcast and stigmatized mighty quickly. Newbies, especially those that want to learn how to mod, should learn to listen and get some experience before they make such rash and heated statements, because they are rarely prudent, called for, or effective.
    Count no man happy until he is dead.

preston's Avatar Semisalis

he didn't try thats the thing
    MEMBER OF S.I.N.

Tominokar's Avatar Artifex

Nice thread I agree that the 'make it for me' ideas are getting tiresome, to say the least. I even made a thread about it meself, but got flamed by that goat person.

"Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible." - Mark Jenkins

bubka's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by killerxguy View Post
    Medieval Rapper, are you serious or sarcastic?

If you're serious, I'm going to laugh my balls off!
    After reading this post, some of us already are.

@Professor420: Thanks, but its okay, there's no hard feeling between me and preston. I have not read what he had written, but I trust it was nothing very offensive. Even against max, I have nothing, though we had had differences over something in the mod squad.
    And hey, the nook is just napping, it is not dead yet! I have an exam coming up, but soon I'll strike back (maybe tommo'll come back too - I hope he does!)

@Dick: I must ask you to get off the mark immediately, coding away like you have never coded. Code on, lad, till your eyes bubble. You have our full moral support.

@rez: I appoint you head of the research department. Submit a thesis by the second week of september.

@makanyane: lol thanks I'll contact them
    Co founder of the Rookie's Nook!
    • New to modding?
    • Have some experience?
    • No experience at all?
    Then Rookie's Nook is just about the perfect place for you! Join the other newbies in your first projects here! Make your dreams come true ...