Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

Campidoctor

Default Re: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

Khazars!!!!!

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tobolight View Post
    Khazars!!!!!

KHAZARS

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

NO KHAZARS.

Can't you read?

Highly suggest Burgundy, Bohemia, or Flanders. Flanders is important because of the prominence of its royal family. Bohemia's royals, likewise, were quite prominent, and their location on the map is, to say the least, interesting. There's arguments to be made for both really.
    Burgundy is an interesting historical choice and could compete with both France and the HRE quite effectively, in a part of the map geography that often sees very little action.
    I agree! All of them are really good but Burgundy was the most powerful and influential. However, Bohemia and Flanders both had diplomatic power and later on some military strength.

If we're talking about powerful and influential, then maybe we should eliminate Ireland, Scotland and Welsh because in the "macro" sense, they did nothing but simply affect the English faction. They did not see action anywhere else in Europe or the near middle east.

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    If we're talking about powerful and influential, then maybe we should eliminate Ireland, Scotland and Welsh because in the "macro" sense, they did nothing but simply affect the English faction. They did not see action anywhere else in Europe or the near middle east.
    indeed, they are good for mini-mods but don't fit in Grand Campaign as playable factions - they'd be represented as rebels imo.

I mean, why Scotland, Ireland and Welsh? Why not the Basque? Why not the Navarresse? Why not so many other, inconsequential factions that had a purpose, and the main purpose was to survive in order for the larger factions not to grow stronger.

In my opinion, there are three types of factions: the important ones, the secondary ones, and the non-important. We know who are the first and the latter, but the middle guys are guys like Navarra, Burgundy, Genoa, Venice, Scotland, etc. They are factions that, like it or not, had the sole purpose of surviving and ebcause they survived they hampered larger factions for decades and sometimes centuries of growth by rebelling or attacking.

They were a major player in world politics. Considering Norawy is now in the game Scotland is very relevant. However, Ireland and Wales arent.

We know who are the first and the latter, but the middle guys are guys like Navarra, Burgundy, Genoa, Venice, Scotland, etc.
    That would go with unimportant factions.

I mean, why Scotland, Ireland and Welsh? Why not the Basque? Why not the Navarresse? Why not so many other, inconsequential factions that had a purpose, and the main purpose was to survive in order for the larger factions not to grow stronger.
    The Navarresse mainly fought defensive wars. That wouldnt make for a fun campaign.

Plus, If Scotland weren't a real faction, then England would be way too powerfull.

IrAr's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    The entire campaign would be converting the locals. I doubt any of us would find that fun.... Though that doesnt mean Armenia is boring it jsut doesnt fit this mod.
    I didn't want to say anything as I am faaaaaaaar too biased. However, this brings up another issue. The religion system should be reworked. Much of the Holy Land had Christian minorities and building a Mosque shouldn't destroy that.

Member of Anno Domini: Italia Invicta
    This makes me a happy half armenian panda--John I Tzimisces

billydilly's Avatar Senator

I would like Serbia or Bulgaria to spice up the Balkans. I feel like there's something missing in that area between the Byzantines, Hungary and Venice.

And of course a second turkish faction is on its way, so that's good.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

@some romanian nationalist
    you were ottoman vassal. how would you stop your master?? For a really BIG victory look at the link i've posted.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Eger
    REMOVE KEBAB FROM PREMISES

However, this brings up another issue. The religion system should be reworked. Much of the Holy Land had Christian minorities and building a Mosque shouldn't destroy that.
    I agree. In MTW it was very hard to make a province have a single religion. However, in MTW2 a province can be fully converted in 8 turns. Also, as you said the holy land had a lot of Christians who should be represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    I agree. In MTW it was very hard to make a province have a single religion. However, in MTW2 a province can be fully converted in 8 turns. Also, as you said the holy land had a lot of Christians who should be represented.
    I agree how often do people say, "alright you've convinced to change my religion because you built a nice [insert house of worship]"

But if thats the case you need to lower the penalty for religious unrest a bit.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

I should probably sticky this somewhere, but this is the faction list as it now stands. Just to give you all an idea of what it looks like so far.

CATHOLIC:

1. England
    2. France
    3. HRE
    4. Spain
    5. Venice
    6. Sicily
    7. Genoa
    8. Scotland
    9. Denmark
    10. Portugal
    11. Poland
    12. Hungary
    13. Aragon
    14. Norway
    15. Papal States

ORTHODOX
    16. Byzantium
    17. Russia
    18. Novgorod
    19. Armenia
    20. Georgia

ISLAMIC

21. Sultanate of Rum
    22. The Great Seljuk Empire
    23. Fatimids
    24. Almoravids

OTHER
    25. Lesser Kingdoms (i.e. Rebels)
    26. Mongols

As you can see, the Timurids will be removed at some point as their emergence was closely connected to the Mongols emergence years earlier. It don't make sense from a historical point of view to have the Timurids arise even if the Mongol wave is easily beaten back by the Seljuks or Turks or Georgians a couple hundred of years earlier.

So, yeah, five slots remaining. Although, I must admit I have a good idea of what at least one of them will be. And no, it's not going to be another Italian city-state. If anything, I'd like to script a garrison script in Pisa, Milan, et al. to represent how hard it was to subdue those areas...so no Republic of Pisa...

If your map is going to go as far east as the preview suggests, then perhaps the Cumans/Kipchaks should be in after all...
    La Garde recule.

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Add to the list:

PAGAN:

1. Lithuania

Would it be totally out of line to at least suggest for discussion the Mali Empire in the southwestern corner of the map (south of the moors)? Just a thought, and probably not even a very serious one.
    La Garde recule.

Socal's picks for new factions have been in areas that need them, so I am guessing that Western Europe, the Balkans and Russia will receive new factions. I am guessing Burgundy in W. Europe, Raska and Zeta(Serbia) in the Balkans, and Vladimir-Suzdal in Russia.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

1. Lithuania
    2. Burgundy
    3. Bulgaria
    4. Cumans or Serbia
    5. Kwarazm Empire

Admit it, it would be nice
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W