Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

Default Re: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

With many of the new factions most of the map appears to have a really good balance of factions except for western and central Europe (mainland not British Isles). There are a few non-emergent factions that are possibilities to fill these areas:

1. Burgundy
    2. Flanders(or any of the small dutchies)
    3. Friesland
    4. Prussian tribes
    5. Pomerania
    6. Bohemia
    7. Languedoc (a.k.a Toulouse)
    8. Brittany
    9. Wends(or one of the major tribes)
    10. Arles

The only other area that appears to be a good choice to place another faction is Russia. There are plenty of potential Russian factions that could be fun. Also, Khazar and Volga-Bulgaria rea possibilities.

Socal you have done a really good job of filling up the other areas of the map so I doubt any of the areas of the map need a faction though, after playing your most recent version Russia and Western+Central Europe could be good areas to place another faction. Placing another faction in Italy or Iberia might get those peninsulas crowded and emergent factions might just be a waste of a slot.

However, I really want the next version to come out soon! I have not done a AAR for your mod in a while. Is there a specific faction you want me to do for the next release?

First : I'm not interested in your mod.
    Two:Who's faction is ridiculous ? I don't think my faction Walachia or Moldavia is ridiculous because this factions were the gate to Europe in front of turks . This factions defended you together with Serbia and Bulgaria. You know nothing of our fights for freedom and religion. We stop the turks so many times and we stop them alone with no help from the west . And i don't believe you could stop them because we loved our land and didn't look for conquer; you all looked for conquering . God wouldn't had gave you the strength to stop them. Maybe now your countries wouldn't existed. A pity about the history you learn. You know nothing about ROVINE where in 1394 Mircea the Old(Walahia) with a force of 30.000 defended against a force of 48.000 raised by Baiazid the Lightning and won. Or the battle from Vaslui in 1475 where Stephan The Great(Moldavia) with a force of 40.000 defended against Mohamed II who had 80.000 and guess what the campaign was a disaster for the turks.Or maybe you didn't heard about Calugareni (1595) where Mihai the Courageous (20.000 troops) defeated the army of Sinan Pasa (60.000 troops). Aaaaa and Posada (1330) .....The Painted Chronicle from Viena ........ you know what happened ? Oh well Carol Robert Of Anjou(Hungary) was crushed by Basarab(The Romanian Land). Carol barely survived changing clothes with a servant. Have you heard about the crush of polish(king Albert) army by Stephen the Great in 1497 at The forest of Cosmin (Codrii Cosminului)?

And now: Ferdinand Lot( French historian of the early Middle Ages and the later Roman Empire. He is best known for his important monographs on the transition from Roman to medieval civilization) in 1932 told: "We care the fights between France and England in XIV and XV century. But what is important for european history is the endurance of greek , serbian , hungarian , valahian, moldavian, of the rusian in the last, against the ottomans from XIII to XVI century. Thankfully to " balcanian " sacrifice and to slavonic sacrifice from the east , the occidental civilization made a continuity in occidental Europe and this thing is what french, germans ,italians don't realize .

I wonder what kind of history are you learning ? Hah you say that my ancestors factions would be a ridiculous choice .........

Campidoctor

More Muslims PLZ!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by an_do_89 View Post
    First : I'm not interested in your mod.
    Then why are you posting here?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

I wonder what kind of history are you learning ? Hah you say that my ancestors factions would be a ridiculous choice
    Looking at the number of posts that you have done I am quite sure that you are not familiar with the goal of the mod. We would like to create a playable mod and that is not possible with small factions like that.
    Two:Who's faction is ridiculous ?
    Nobody really owns a faction, so the question does not arise.

I am quite sure that most of us are aware of the history of the expansion of the Ottoman Empire, just not in the detail that you might know. thank you for that input. Just kindly refrain from this kind of outbursts. We always welcome contructive critisism.

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

Khazars and Volga-Bulgars.. YEAH.

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

No Volga-Bulgars.

What about Flanders? Pike based infantry!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    No Volga-Bulgars.

Oh, is Khazars than Add in List ??

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Arnt you a colourful character Boztorgai_Khan have some rep for brightening up my day
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; November 11, 2007 at 05:03 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

I like Khazars though!

Quote Originally Posted by Boztorgai_Khan View Post
    Oh, is Khazars than Add in List ??
    I highly doubt that. The Khazars were just about destroyed by 1080, with the exception of a few holdouts in the Crimea.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Arnt you a colourful character Boztorgai_Khan have some rep for brightening up my day

Yep, I'am the Colourful Khan. Thank You..

an_do_89-Trâiascâ Ţara Româneascâ!! Societatis draconistrarum(Vlad II Dracul voivode and and his son Vlad Ţepeş prince of Wallachia,Despot Stefan Lazarević of Serbia and Miloš Obilić Serbian knight from Zeta) Walachia-Moldavia-Serbia-Greece-Russia-FOREVER ORTHODOX!!!!

Huh?

i suggest friesland a cool faction and no ather mod has it

Campidoctor

Khazars!!!!!!!

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by an_do_89 View Post
    Have you heard about the crush of polishking Albert) army by Stephen the Great in 1497 at The forest of Cosmin (Codrii Cosminului)?
    It was hardly a 'crush' and at the end of the day we got upper hand. Crown lost more\less 5000 of noble low life pricks, most undisciplinied and worthless 'scum' in the Royal Army. Stephen, he ambushed the Poles while they were marching on a narrow road passing through a thickly wooded area known as The Cosmin Forest and was able to cause panic among drunken and cowarly 'nobles' and ahhinilated them which turned only for good for Royal forces but he could do nothing when once back in open space, the Poles were able again to take advantage of their superb heavy cavalry under Jan Tęczyński, and that part of the remaining troups which managed to retain a measure of order and discipline succeeded in crossing back into Crown.

but back to thread topic:
    from strategical point of view factions like Moldavia and Wallachia are insignificant for Grand Campaign but suitable for mini-mods concerning Balcans and advance of Ottomans into european mainland.
    Imo only Serbia should be represented in Grand Campaign and Moldavia and Wallachia should be 'in' as rebel factions.

i suggest friesland a cool faction and no ather mod has it
    It would be cool and unique but it didnt have much power or influence. Even in my HRE mod we didnt include it. However, I cant wait for ETW so I can play as the Dutch.

1. Burgundy
    2. Flanders(or any of the small dutchies)
    3. Friesland
    4. Prussian tribes
    5. Pomerania
    6. Bohemia
    7. Languedoc (a.k.a Toulouse)
    8. Brittany
    9. Wends(or one of the major tribes)
    10. Arles
    Highly suggest Burgundy, Bohemia, or Flanders. Flanders is important because of the prominence of its royal family. Bohemia's royals, likewise, were quite prominent, and their location on the map is, to say the least, interesting. There's arguments to be made for both really.
    Burgundy is an interesting historical choice and could compete with both France and the HRE quite effectively, in a part of the map geography that often sees very little action.
    La Garde recule.