Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Tulius Cicero View Post
    Republic of Dubrovnik/Ragusa?
    Ragusa fought to survive to Venezia, were conquered and then gained its freedom becaming part of the Hungarian Kingdom. Ragusa never conquered a single land, just cared about money!

Republic of Dubrovnik/Ragusa?
    All they did was trade and try not to be conquered by Venice.

So maybe Ragusa is done as a "lesser faction: Republic of Ragusa" with a huge stack garrisoned, and another huge stack in its orbit. They get byzantine, slavic/hungarian and some italian units, yeah?

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by VanguardXIII View Post
    So maybe Ragusa is done as a "lesser faction: Republic of Ragusa" with a huge stack garrisoned, and another huge stack in its orbit. They get byzantine, slavic/hungarian and some italian units, yeah?
    Not so huge.. It was just a small italian city (a little bit slavic), had a good naval power (the 5th italian naval power after Venezia, Genoa, Pisa and Amalfi)(so probably the 6th or 7th power of Mediterranean Sea ) and a very good defensible city.. Nothing more than a commercial power, obscured by Venezia and so conquered quite easily. They found help in Hungary but the discover of America, colonialism & co. cut off the mediterranean trade, Ragusa and the major part of all the mediterranean naval powers..

Ragusa doesn't deserve a dedicate faction, we don't include Armenia, Ireland, Flanders, we don't need such a small city-state.. If you want a fascinating small italian republic try mods that include Pisa

Three interesting factions are going to be included..
    Last edited by VirusITA; September 02, 2007 at 02:54 PM.

I think that would be useful add bohemia kingdom ( one of the most important state in midle europa) also add italian state cities like Pisa ( to see war between italian cities), Kingdom of Novgorod ( russia is to big for one faction), Kingdom of aragon ( interesting element between spain,france and islamistic factions), Flanders ( very rich and very strategistic region)
    these are only few of important
    It is important know the date od starting campaign...
    another faction's depends on the starting date are Litheuns, Navarre, Burgunds,
    I think that for example in Portvcale are very good factions roster and with the darth diplomacy is awesome strategy and medieval times...

Online iPhone Screensaver - be the first to win!

myscreensavers.info/media/iphone.scr

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

I totally agree with you. The starting year is 1080 but the map shouldn't be totally realistic, because we will have a huge hre and a million states I personally thought, creating the BigMap version, about adding few important regions that will get very important later (Torino, the first italian capital)(Brest, the last english colony falling from french during Hundred Years' War) and so we could work on adding factions less important in 1080 but growing later..

However Aragon, Novgorod and Georgia are going to be present in next release I hope to convince Socal_infidel about Pisa, Flanders and Bohemia

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Yeah, I haven't started thinking about new factions after I add Novgorod, Aragon and Georgia. Well, I do have one in mind, but not set on it. So please feel free to keep the suggestions coming!

Oh, and as far as the Italian city-states are concerned, what I've always thought would be a good idea would be to have a mini-campaign like the Kingdoms campaigns that focuses on Italy. Kinda like what Lusted did for LTC, but with more factions.

In fact, maybe if someone could ask his permission to use his map, they could work on it as a PDER contribution. We'd have Genoa, Venice, Sicily, Papal States, HRE. We could add Milan back in and add Pisa. That's really only two factions that need to be added, right there, so seven factions total. I'm not the greatest at Italian history, but there's probably one or two more that could be added, too. Good idea, right?

Cheers all! Keep suggestions coming!

I think that would be useful add bohemia kingdom ( one of the most important state in midle europa) also add italian state cities like Pisa ( to see war between italian cities), Kingdom of Novgorod ( russia is to big for one faction), Kingdom of aragon ( interesting element between spain,france and islamistic factions), Flanders ( very rich and very strategistic region)
    these are only few of important
    It is important know the date od starting campaign...
    another faction's depends on the starting date are Litheuns, Navarre, Burgunds,
    I think that for example in Portvcale are very good factions roster and with the darth diplomacy is awesome strategy and medieval times...
    Bohemia wasnt that powerful during the middle ages. It was wealthy but not powerful. Its only period of power was during the short reign of the Luxembourg Emperors.

Adding Pisa would be nice but then Italy would be even more crowded. It is a small peninnsula that already has 5 factions.

Novgorod and Aragn are already being added, which will make this mod even better.

Flanders was rich but did not have a poweful military. Nearly all its battles were fought on or near its own soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    Bohemia wasnt that powerful during the middle ages. It was wealthy but not powerful. Its only period of power was during the short reign of the Luxembourg Emperors.
    I can not agree with you. You are right that the Charles IV. was the gratest king and emperor in his time and his father John of Luxemburg was famous knight but another kings and rulers from Přemysl dynasty was famous. In 1080 was bohemia under the reign of Vratislav II. who was the king in 1085 and under his rule he was king of poland,lužice and bavaria east mark.
    Another form many important rulers was Vladislav II. who was the king in 1158 bohemia army even defeated the city of milan and he was close friend with Fridrich I Barbarosa.

At least Premysl Otakar II. was the king called King of iron and gold, because he was very powerful and rich and he was killed in the battle of Moravian field.

Later in 1420 there was huge hussites revolution which even destroy a few crusaders.

So i think that the bohemia kingdom has place in medieval europe. That it is my opinion.

Online iPhone Screensaver - be the first to win! myscreensavers.info/media/iphone.scr

Do you plan to add the Irish as a playable faction?

I have Kingdoms a week now and my plan is:

Brittania
    Americas
    Teutonics
    Crusades
    PDER - Grand Campaign as the Irish on VH/VH

I was actually considering modding my own AoR for while until I saw this mod already has it!

Great work you've done here, keep it up.

In 1100:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In 1200:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Maybe not historically at 100% but could be fun and playable (And not so "fantasy")

Add with Kingdoms: Irish, Wales, Kingdom of Norway, Lithuania, Antioch & Jerusalem.

Add "manually": Crown of Aragon, Hammanide Kingdom or Zirid Emirate, Armenia Cilicia, Kingdom of Georgia. (Maybe Flanders and/or Burgundy).

Maybe a "trigger events" which Teutonic Order ermerge (Not playable but units are recuitable in AOR).

And maybe expend a bit to the east (For Georgia) and to the North (for Norway) the map.
    Last edited by Neaera; September 07, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

The maps look nice but they arent close to being accurate. The maps would be good for a gameplay based mod but PDER is a historical based mod.

I can not agree with you. You are right that the Charles IV. was the gratest king and emperor in his time and his father John of Luxemburg was famous knight but another kings and rulers from Přemysl dynasty was famous. In 1080 was bohemia under the reign of Vratislav II. who was the king in 1085 and under his rule he was king of poland,lužice and bavaria east mark.
    Another form many important rulers was Vladislav II. who was the king in 1158 bohemia army even defeated the city of milan and he was close friend with Fridrich I Barbarosa.

At least Premysl Otakar II. was the king called King of iron and gold, because he was very powerful and rich and he was killed in the battle of Moravian field.

Later in 1420 there was huge hussites revolution which even destroy a few crusaders.

So i think that the bohemia kingdom has place in medieval europe. That it is my opinion.
    I do agree with some of the tihngs you said. However, when I was in Prague I go the indication that Charles IV was the only Bohemian ruler to have an effect on world, not just Czech history.

The map seems to be accurate IMO, but if you have more "accurates" maps, could you give me a link?

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

Icon7 Re: Which Factions Do You Want For The Mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    I do agree with some of the tihngs you said. However, when I was in Prague I go the indication that Charles IV was the only Bohemian ruler to have an effect on world, not just Czech history.
    yes it is true, that when you are an tourist in prague you will have this opinion, because nowadays is charles IV. and everything with them in czech republic aimed to get money and charles IV is presented like only ONE. But it is not true. :-(
    It is true that he was the greatest rulers.

but finally there were at least one man who effected whole europe world. Saint Wenceslas (St.Václav ?) He and his faith effect the world ( british carol or chappel in vatikan ). But he lives in 10th century.

But i think that the kingdom of bohemia has got the place in medieval map, maybe is not such popular like HRE or France and Britain but effected whole middle europa and sometimes whole medieval europe.
    Online iPhone Screensaver - be the first to win! myscreensavers.info/media/iphone.scr

jane, i would like Moldavia, Transilvania, Wallachia, Dobrogea and Banat( capitals are: Iasi, Brasov, Targoviste, Constanta and Timisoara

yes it is true, that when you are an tourist in prague you will have this opinion, because nowadays is charles IV. and everything with them in czech republic aimed to get money and charles IV is presented like only ONE. But it is not true. :-(
    It is true that he was the greatest rulers.
    Thats exactly what happened to me in Prague. The tourist industry made it seem like there was three important people in all of Czech history: Kafkfa, Mozart, and Charles IV.

I think the smaller factions are what make for more interesting gameplay.

Who cares if Pisa wasn't a military power. As soon as you are 5 turns into the game you've already branched away from real history.

Total War is just a big "What if?" scenario.

So make all those city states and minor nations if possible. The trick is trying to balance these with existing larger nations and not letting them get destroyed by Turn 5!

AoR is magic for this type of balancing.

VirusITA's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Rabain View Post
    I think the smaller factions are what make for more interesting gameplay.

Who cares if Pisa wasn't a military power. As soon as you are 5 turns into the game you've already branched away from real history.

Total War is just a big "What if?" scenario.

So make all those city states and minor nations if possible. The trick is trying to balance these with existing larger nations and not letting them get destroyed by Turn 5!

AoR is magic for this type of balancing.
    Some of them (like Pisa) are already powerful enough to survive 10-20 turns.. And i love too the smallest factions (like italian city-states, denmark, the teutonic order, the swiss..) because they are the hardest way to play this game..
    Be faithful, i'll try to add one of these, one day.. You just need to stress socal_infidel a lot with your suggestions and maybe we will see Pisa

The only problem with Pisa is that Italy is already really crowded and Pisa wouldnt be any different from Genoa(Genoa took over Pisa's empire).

There are other small factions that could be fun. Aragon, Crusader States, Georgia, Sweden, Burgundy, Vladimir-Suzdal, the Pagan tribes,ect. All of them wouldnt crowd the map and would be different then other factions. Plus Aragon is being added! I cant wait!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

How about Norway? Since the already faction exists in Kingdoms?

From Wiki:
    The period of peace during the reign of Magnus' father Olaf III Kyrre came to an abrupt end when Magnus III succeeded him in 1093. Magnus made war with Sweden and Denmark and sought to build a Norwegian empire around the Irish Sea. In 1098, he conquered the Orkney Islands, the Hebrides and the Isle of Man. Magnus returned to Norway in 1099 but in 1102 set out again, this time to conquer Ireland. He captured Dublin and the surrounding area. In the following year, 1103, he attempted to capture the whole of Ireland, but he was caught in an ambush and died in battle.
    Last edited by billydilly; September 13, 2007 at 06:39 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W