Thread: [Preview] Chivalry II : Units

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: Unit Previews

The new russian skins are very good.
    Last edited by alien_t; December 17, 2007 at 06:05 AM. Reason: speling
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Great!!!
    - Lorre -

The Sicilian Vespers - MIITW Mods For Late, High, Early Era And Dark Age Campaigns

Good job with russian units

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Are you planning to implemant those russian skins for all the eastern european factions? If so that would be great!!
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

Yes, that is the plan

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

NO! Please do not use them for HUNGARY! Hungary is not slavic, and much more westernized than Russia and even Serbia. Btw, they look verrry sexxy.
    REMOVE KEBAB FROM PREMISES

Quote Originally Posted by yxc qwert! View Post
    NO! Please do not use them for HUNGARY! Hungary is not slavic, and much more westernized than Russia and even Serbia. Btw, they look verrry sexxy.

The only other factions that would use them are Serbia and Bulgaria.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Daray's Avatar Libertus

Yes Hungary is different. By the way. Do you have some cool Hungarian units at hand?

And happy new year!
    Scola artis belli equestrum. Ordo equester Belae terci.

Not yet, I haven't had a chance to look at Hungary yet.

Daray's Avatar Libertus

I see.

Ok than. I will wait. But these russian units are extremely good .

very nice skins as always

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

are you going to re-skin the moors?cuz they look terrible in the vanilla

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

Eventually, they will be. I believe the only factions that still need to be reskinned are the Moors and Egypt. The Mongols and Timurids have already been reskinned in the next version.

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Great they definitely could use a reskin Do you have any new skins for Poland? They aren't red for the most part like for instance the crossbow militia or Lithuanian archers...
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

It's been a while since the past unit preview, so here is the latest AOR unit:

Ispans

Ispans Upgraded

Here are the new Magyar Nobles, recruitable by Hungary.

Magyar Nobles

Magyar Nobles Upgraded

Magyar Nobles Upgraded

Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 02, 2008 at 02:58 PM.

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

They look too slavic for me. But ask Csatádi. He is the creator of the Magyar Mod, wich is the most accurate mod around here.
    REMOVE KEBAB FROM PREMISES

They would be the darkage/early heavy Magyars.

Here is a 12th century Hungarian Knight:

The Covenant of Chiefs sealed by blood

As Anonymus, the chronicler without a name wrote, the chiefs of the Magyar tribes swore an oath when the tribes still stayed in Etelköz (in the steppes at the rivers Dnieper, Dniester, Bug and Seret), and raised the Chief of Chiefs, Árpád, onto a shield with the following words:

"As of today we elect Thee our leader and ruler, and wherever thy fortune may take thee, we shall follow thee."

http://www.opusztaszer.hu/site/index...k=view&lang=en
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 02, 2008 at 07:29 PM.

Magyar Nobles with round shield

Which shield do you prefer round or the Hungarian simple?
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 02, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Here another Magyar source pic:

Daray's Avatar Libertus

Hello!

Oh so nice . They are beautifull . And yes they are good for the dark and the early era. Great! For the dark era the nobles were like these. Nomadic style with chain mail. But by the end of the early era they changed to totally european warfare with straight swords, and norman type armour (not just the nobles). But yes for these very early times, they are perfect.

P.S.: And sorry for not responding to the bug report help, and saying if it worked or not, but I don't have any time nowdays to try it.