Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Art of War - optically mod

joedreck's Avatar Artifex

Default Art of War - optically mod

This mod is created by Salty and Joedreck.

It is our target to increase the look of Medieval 2: Total War. The Game Mechanics are just modified a little bit.

Features:
    Burreks Textures(pozdrowienia do polski)
    #the famous one ever know

Salty's shields
    #more then 200 shields for
    -denmark,
    -milan,
    -sicily,
    -venice,
    -papal state
    -every faction with pavese
    -some spearmen

Kings Banners
    #adds 300 more historical accurtally shields for
    -every main faction
    #adds more historical accurtally 130 banners
    -for the main factions up to 12 main banners and endless upgrade banners
    #adds symbols
    -more historical accurtally symbols for factions

Retinue(140 pics)
    #adds new retinue
    -many new retinue for you to found out
    #adds new pics for the retinue
    -no doubble pics for the ancs and the arabic got their own pics
    -every faction got their own crown
    -every faction got their own king's banner

Examples:

Examples for the retinue system:

The most things in the system stands the same, but some things like relics are a lot easier to get.
    They are many new ancs like the crowns, banners, kings letter and many more, which i don't want to babble out. it's a suprise. only one thing. the most hardest to get is pai mei. good luck

The historical persons like copernicus, joan d'arc, vasco da gama a.s.o. have now real pics. see up for example.

The Crowns:
    Your leader can get now a crown, which get him regard. go to the capital and wait 2 rounds.
    so long it lasts to be crowned. The arabian don't have crowns, so i give them a symbolic pic.

King's Letter:
    If your geneals are successfully enough, he get a document from the king, which give him a title.
    this document give him some abillities. the arabic have "Piety" and not "Loyalty".

King's Banner:
    If your geneal is successfully enough, your general get a King's Banner for his great job for the king.
    The banner gives him some abillities. Only one general can have the king's banner.

The Orders:
    You can get an Order Knight if you make a crusade or when you fighting for the reconquista
    (for the reconquista there is no reason which faction you are. i forgot the trigger "only catholic". comming with the patch). Fight honorably agianst moors and you follows an order brother.

Downloadlink for the Art of War

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1562

Create a shortcut for the mod:
    1.Create a shortcut of the medieval2.exe
    2. then copy the green line, go to properties in this shortcut and add the green line. don't forget the free space between " and --
    example:
    "C:\Programs\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\medieval2.exe" --io.file_first @art_of_war.cfg

Thanks to:

Burrek - for his fantastic textures
    Lord Finga - for his many time to help with the triggers
    Tokus*Maximus - for his tipps and support
    Socal_infidel - for his setup.exe
    Salty - for the great co-operation
    God for every day on earth
    Last edited by joedreck; August 28, 2007 at 04:05 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam
    Vote Brain Slug for president.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Default Re: Art of War - optically mod

Great work!
    Last edited by selenius4tsd; August 18, 2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Moved from WIP to Released.
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

can I use this and any trait ancillary mod together? like BBB and stuff ?? other than that good job is awesome but playing without BBB and real traits is just not the same ^^ im downloading now must wait to see how can I merge then or with any other mod at all since this is estetic only it would be nice to be able to merge this with some of the major mods that change gameplay ^^

Good Job ^^

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

Hm, I dont know exactly if you can use it with such a mod. atm I dont have time to play M2...It would be great if you give more feedback, so we can increase the mod

its possible to merge them. it can be many work to mix the files.

i read the description if BBB and i can tell you, that if you can't mod, it will be very hard.
    Last edited by joedreck; August 19, 2007 at 05:36 AM.
    Edictum mod adds new edicts to Rome II. http://www.twcenter.net / YouTube: Edictum Mod / Click here for Edictum Mod on steam

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Well u know how heraldy add a resource section with all the scrip he uses so others mod can use it? maybe do something like that ^^ i dont know since u changed pics from existing anciliarys meaning u have to edits them to recognize new pics mmmm yes its hard ^^ ima see if i can merge them but im not a modder i just know how some of the stuff work but... i sucks at skins even installing them jajaja ^^

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester

thats time intensive. at first you have to add my export_descr_ancillaries files in his export_descr_ancillaries, then in export_descr_ancillary_enums and in export_ancillaries.
    you can found the names of my files very easy in export_descr_ancillary_enums under "Das Dawidsche Prinzip"

then the banners in descr_banners_new a.s.o.

you need days for it.

ok, men at arms. i'm working on the patch. i add some new things. the king's letter will be change to real titels. its only possible to make 4, but i make it so hard to get them, that i hope you never see all the 4 together.
    perheps if you a good player.

then i add the rest of the ancillaries, which are not in the first release. i change now the retinue for the arabic on the strat map and so you can enjoy the arabic retinue.

This mod does not work for me. I click "Start" on the campaign and it returns to the main menu. I think the only mods I have running at the moment is the new Grand Campaign Balancing Fix and the Character Names Project. I don't know if there's some compatibility between this and those. I also had Kings Banner installed at one point, but uninstalled it after it made complications in my multiplayer hotseat campaigns.

I have attempted Blood, Broads, and Bastards at one point, but it never worked for me. Then again, modding is something I'm pretty new to.
    Heir to Noble Savage in the Imperial House of Wilpuri

i don't know waht the problem is. are you instal the art of war on an other mod?

when not, you have to wait for the patch. maybe it will be work.

have someone else this problems?

uk_john's Avatar Ordinarius

Download link at filefront is dead, or I would have downloaded it and gave it a try.

Hi, this Mod looks fun! May I mix it with Lusted LTC mod?

Vadimus's Avatar Foederatus

Download link not working?
    link is dead.
    Give the New link to yours Mod!!!!!

Medieval II Total War is the hardest game for players of the game to use mods. Firstly, they all need the exe extention for their mod, meaning you can play the game from the start with mod A OR mod B, but even if they overlap with ideas, you cannot merge them or do anything but play their mod and their mod alone. Then on top of that - you come to this thread and find nearly all the mod links dead. This with Kingdoms just out is amazing to me.

So just as a gamer rather than a modder, my most frustrating thing about MTW II is using mods!

i'm so sorry. i write to mesut. i hope, he make a new exe for me.

the problem is, that me backup the upload on filefront was. now they delete them and i don't have the mods as an exe file and i can't create one, cause i don't have the programs for this.

i try it this weekend.

ok i've got new informations. the art of war and kings banner 3.0 comming together to one mod, so i can work on one mod and not on two.

joedreck: that is brilliant news. But is this another mod that means I have to start a new game with a new extension that just has your changes? Is there anybody talking to all the modders to make mods that are 80% similar talk to each other to make a combined mod, so that eventually, I can start a game and have everything?

it's not possible. some modders want to make their own stuff, some make to much and the other not enought. it seem not possible to make a mod like the kingdoms add on.

now i'm working on my own ideas for the game and use so much time i can.
    the kings banner for kingdoms are my first mod with so many changes in the gamplay. i mean the new units. i hope the people like it.

knoshy's Avatar Libertus

Icon12 Re: Art of War - optically mod

I´m looking forward to your mod, hope you find enough time to work on it.

Eintracht ist die Macht *g*

But the way modding works, once I am 10 or more hours into a campaign, and you bring out something that only has 20% difference, I cannot add yours, like I could in STALKER or Oblivion, to give just 2 of many examples, I have to start a new campaign with your mod and give up on the other. Why cannot mods be made that just change MTW2 without needing an extension, or why aren't mods made that are modular or why with MTW2 do we have to have these 'standalone' mods that will only work on their own? It basically means MTW2 will never be a Neverwinter Nights or Oblivion with a multitude of graphic mods and gameplay mods and AI mods, etc. In MTW2, it seems, you will only be able to use Darth's mod OR Joedrek's mod, etc. Thank goodnes MTW2 alone forces players to make choices like this and ultimately never be satisfied.To give you an idea, I am happily playing Oblivion with nearly 150 mods with no problems. Oh that we could have that with MTW2!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast