Thread: How Stalinisque!

The original photograph shows a sea of soldiers sitting behind the president as he stands at a podium just left of the center of the frame. Bush was speaking at Fort Drum in New York on July 19, 2002. (AP Graphic)

Im sure we are not all that surprised now, are we?

Im of to red square to swear my undying alligence to the man of steel, lest I be sent on a winter vacation
    He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave.

Civitate

Im sure we are not all that surprised now, are we?
    Not in the least *smokin* It makes one think on how many times they do this.
    Im of to red square to swear my undying alligence to the man of steel, lest I be sent on a winter vacation
    I don't know if your referring to Putin, but if so then you are aware that he supports Bush being in office aren't you? He was quoted in this very site saying that Americans made an intelligent decision to keep Bush in office, so I wouldn't advise moving to Russia as they will probably get more inolved in the situation as time passes on.

wilpuri's Avatar It Gets Worse.

Originally posted by The Cimmerian@Nov 4 2004, 09:09 PM
    Not in the least *smokin* It makes one think on how many times they do this.

I don't know if your referring to Putin, but if so then you are aware that he supports Bush being in office aren't you? He was quoted in this very site saying that Americans made an intelligent decision to keep Bush in office, so I wouldn't advise moving to Russia as they will probably get more inolved in the situation as time passes on.
    I believe he meant the redsquare stuff as a metaphor. Stalin -> Bush, Stalinist USSR -> Bushite U.S.A.
    The common culture of a tribe is a sign of its inner cohesion. But tribes are vanishing from the modern world, as are all forms of traditional society. Customs, practices, festivals, rituals and beliefs have acquired a flut and half-hearted quality which reflects our nomadic and rootless existence, predicated as we are on the global air-waves.

ROGER SCRUTON, Modern Culture

Mordhak's Avatar Civitate

Judging by the topic title, he did want to put it that way indeed.

Ha, thats nothing. Imagine what can be done with TV footage...
    sic transit gloria mundi

They used to say that the camera never lies, but if they’re prepared to manipulate mere election promotional photographs, what else are they willing to manipulate?

Forget Nostradamus, Orwell is the greatest fortune-teller ever.

Not awfully subtle, is it? At least they'll stop this sort of nonsense when all the paper hits Fahrenheit 451...
    Under the patronage of Wilpuri;
    Despotic master of ZaPPPa and Rowan11088.

Necrobrit's Avatar Urbanis Legio

Originally posted by wilpuri+Nov 4 2004, 01:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td> (wilpuri &#064; Nov 4 2004, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Cimmerian@Nov 4 2004, 09:09 PM
    Not in the least* *smokin*** It makes one think on how many times they do this.

I don&#39;t know if your referring to Putin, but if so then you are aware that he supports Bush being in office aren&#39;t you? He was quoted in this very site saying that Americans made an intelligent decision to keep Bush in office, so I wouldn&#39;t advise moving to Russia as they will probably get more inolved in the situation as time passes on.
    I believe he meant the redsquare stuff as a metaphor. Stalin -> Bush, Stalinist USSR -> Bushite U.S.A. [/b][/quote]
    Yes... winter vacation being exile in Scandinavia...

Siberia, I mean.

This is a bit sad really... it seems that bush evisions himself as a war hero. History will remember him as Bush the Great....ly dissolusioned

The Imperial House Of The Wolf
    Son of WBK/Anagennese.
    The second generation of The Imperial Household: Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion, Kagemusha, Muizer, Battle Knight and Asterix
    Father of Zuwxiv, Borsook, PyrrhusIV, and Aristocrat formerly bestowing patronage upon Omnipotent-Q