Thread: no arthur...?

Default no arthur...?

greetings as a hughe arthur fan i couldn't wait to try this mod out but after following all the instructions, when i loaded up the game...nothing had changed....

the only thing i wasn't able to do was the copy of the shortcut cos when i used the copy then i got the errormessage saying: can't start this becos MSS32.DLL can't be found, reinstallation might solve the problem. so i started it up with the shortcut that was already there

altho i didn't delete anything and it worked fine before i started with all the mods etc, i gave it a try, removed everything and reinstalled it, gave it a try and the normal version worked.

then v1.6
    then the arthur mod
    then the patches in order
    deleted that file in the menu
    copied all the bi files into the twbi map, and the data into the tw map and accepted the overwrite....

i know i'm a serious noob when it comes to adding stuff etc, that's why i normally never bother, but as far as i can see i followed everything step by step even searched a bit on the forum and cound't find anything to help me!
    PLZ does anyone know what i did wrong or what i can do to solve this cos i really realy really would like to play that mod.

tyvm ice

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Default Re: no arthur...?

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

There can you download the DLL you need, i think you only need to place in in your RTW map but I don't know for sure.

k so that problem is solved, i added the "E:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm

but now if i lod up i get the bi pic cd starts loading but then nothing happens!

i did the shortcut from the one that was already on my desktop (bi) and then just added the show thingy, hope that is correct.....but even so...the game isn't loading.

Can anyone plz help me...?
    Last edited by icevdr; August 18, 2007 at 07:06 AM.

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Do you get a error? If so what kind of error?

nope, no error at all as far as i can see! but the DLL file that it said was missing was right in the folder tho 3.0 but i replaced it with the link you gave me 6.0! then no error came up anymore. it loads up the CD, i get the bi pic and then it goes back to my desktop!

Daimon's Avatar Miles

Hmm..I think you should try a reinstall..Maybe that helps.