Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: slavic paganism?

Default slavic paganism?

hum the mod does include the polish and russians right?cuz they are slavic paganic nations so will the relegion be included?

Default Re: slavic paganism?

Yes, it will be. Btw, if you have more questions like this would you mind keeping them all in one thread? We would like to keep this forum tidy, please.
    Last edited by GodlyAvatar; August 16, 2007 at 02:41 PM.
    Co-leader and Historian for the Picts, Moravians, and Scots in Viking: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by DeZzErX
    So I type in Tartan in google. This is what i get.

ok and sry about that ill try keeping the posts on 1 post

oh btw will the pagan factions have princenses?
    you know just when a christian faction princeses merried a pagan prince he would convert so....

and will the famous viking sacking and piliging be an option when conquring a settelment?
    i have a small segestion its taken from a civilization mod mm...
    you could find tresure there and if you brought it to your capital youll be very rich a tresure was like m...5000 gold there wich is kinda alot if youll like put the civilized christian faction in hold of tresure it would have the conquirng vikings to get alot of gold
    and m...its a kinda new thing but will you be able to secrefise your prisoners in pagan faction?or will you earn money from battels?[the actions are not added in MTW2 but will add to the realizm and game exprience]

I'm not sure about the princesses for pagan factions. I don't know if that has been decided yet.

And yes, most of the game revolves around the famous viking raiding.

And no, you cannot sacrifice your prisoners in battle. Just becuase they were pagan doesn't mean they sacrificed people. So no.
    Co-leader and Historian for the Picts, Moravians, and Scots in Viking: Total War.

I think most pagans had stopped sacrificing people by the fall of the roman empire, so it won't (and indeed can't anyway) be included.

Paganism is going to be one religion, it doesn't need to be more, all of the beliefs were pretty much the same, it wouldn't cause extra unrest.

I don't know if we're even going to include princesses, we might, but if we do it will probably only be for Christians.

A raid system is being developed, the "raider" factions (Viking factions, Magyars and some others), will be encouraged to raid just like they did IRL. We can't put in a "sack" function like in BI, but it doesn't matter, IRL the raided the countryside more than cities, this will be represented.

Human sacrifice probably happened every now and then, but it certainly wasn't the large scale stuff Aztecs and Romans engaged in. There really is no point implementing it.

As for the non-abrahamic religions, they were generally somewhat tolerant about each others' religions and having seperate Germanic, Slavic etc. religions would put way too much emphasis on religion for the "pagan" peoples.

I'm not quite sure about princesses either, but I think they had a certain role in Norse and Slavic politics. Whether this should be represented via the M2TW princess units, I don't know.
    юмолануолиїнимижи
    ноулисѣханолиомобоу
    юмоласоудьнииохови

We had an extended discussion of the princess issue back in the day, there are arguments for and against, as always. I know that Norse princesses and marriage between them and Christian factions is not necessarily ahistorical within the context of Britain and Ireland, but I don't know about the map as a whole.

Antagonist
    "is ait an mac an saol"

"If you grow tired of how you live, then follow me, and we will show you a different way."

Arthurian: Total War
    Wrath of the Norsemen
    Viking Invasion II

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    We had an extended discussion of the princess issue back in the day, there are arguments for and against, as always. I know that Norse princesses and marriage between them and Christian factions is not necessarily ahistorical within the context of Britain and Ireland, but I don't know about the map as a whole.

Antagonist

I know there are accounts about Swedish royalty marrying daughters of Finnish kings in the 7th century or so, but they are probably at least partially fictional.
    юмолануолиїнимижи
    ноулисѣханолиомобоу
    юмоласоудьнииохови

thx
    btw guys and idea when youll have an official prewiev of any faction or atleast screens?

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Soon.

Okay, we can say probably next week we'll get the preview out. I'm thinking our fans are getting sick of us saying soon.
    Team Member of Wrath of the Norsemen M2TW Mod (3D Modeller)
    Economic Left/Right: 8.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

yeah lol.
    cooooll!!!!
    say hum will it be of the general campagin or a faction?

It will probably be of the Norse factions, a kind of overview of them and their units.
    Last edited by GodlyAvatar; August 20, 2007 at 11:15 AM.

Sanskrit_Bandit's Avatar Wielki Kniaź Wiślański

I know mainly among early Slavs daughters of any Kniaź where used as poitical tools in intermarriages between different tribal rulers and such. Other than that they didn't have that same 'princess' status. I'd say what ever you do for Norse faction princesses do for the Slavs as well. And with the issue on paganism you don't realy need specific religions. Slavs themselves varied greatly as to which gods they prayed to and a lot of Gods seen among Polabian Slavs wouldn't be worshipped among the Rus'. And vica versa. Distinct temples for each faction are enough.

well will the battle system be any diffrent from the system or the reguler M2TW?

We are using Darthmod's battle AI for this mod so no it won't be the standard vanilla one.
    Team Member of Wrath of the Norsemen M2TW Mod (3D Modeller)
    Economic Left/Right: 8.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.74

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

It has been well stated as fact that indeed the Norse Pagans took prisoners whenever and wherever they could to be used as a ritual sacrifice to The Great Lord of war and ward of the spear hall,Odin.They did this to fill the ranks of the battle dead that will fare to war at Odins side when the time comes for the end.And also it is well kown that prior to great battles a gift of a man would be given(as well as assorted animals)for the cries of the sacrifice would alert the high ones that their power is needed for the coming fight.so yes,from the words of a norse pagan(being myself)it is not just accusations of the church that lead us to believe that the northmen gave blood to the gods,but the truth of the matter.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

If I recall correctly, Ibn Fadlan also mentions cases of human sacrifice as part of cremation rituals of a deceased ruler among the Rus Vikings in Volga Bulgaria (from § 87 and after).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast