Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE: KINGDOM OF GEORGIA

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default PRO DEO ET REGE: KINGDOM OF GEORGIA

MEDIEVAL II TOTAL WAR:

KINGDOM OF GEORGIA

ძალა ერთობაშია
    "Strength Is In Unity"

OVERVIEW: This thread is for discussion of the Kingdom of Georgia, a planned new faction for PRO DEO ET REGE.

GEORGIAN INFANTRY

AUXILIARY BARRACKS:

Anatolian Levy Spearmen:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Anatolian Levy Spearmen (Armour Upgrade):

Anatolian Levy Spearmen In-Combat:

Anatolian Levy Spearmen (Armour Upgrade) In-Combat:

LEVY BARRACKS:

Shubosani: Coming Soon

GUARD HOUSE:

Kartlian Spearmen:

Kartlian Spearmen(Armour Upgrade):

Kartlian Spearmen In-Combat:

Kartlian Spearmen (Armour Upgrade) In-Combat:

Khevsur Warriors:

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Khevsur Warriors In-Combat:

MILITIA BARRACKS

Metsikhovne Spearmen:

Metsikhovne Spearmen (Armour Upgrade):

Metsikhovne Spearmen In-Combat:

Metsikhovne Spearmen (Armour Upgrade) In-Combat:

Dismounted Aznauri (?): Coming Soon

ROYAL BARRACKS

Monaspa Swordsmen: Coming Soon!

GEORGIAN ARCHERS

AUXILIARY BOWYER:

BOWYER:

PRACTICE RANGE:

ARCHERY RANGE:

GEORGIAN CAVALRY

AUXILIARY STABLES:

Kyphak Horse Archers:

Kyphaks In Combat:

STABLES:

KNIGHT’S STABLES:

BARON’S STABLES:

ROYAL STABLES:

*Special thanks to Salty! A modified version of his Crusader shield was used for one of the Georgian shields!

Special thanks to WhiteWolf for shields and chest armour!

Special thanks to LACa for the Sabre!
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; December 23, 2007 at 11:01 PM.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdom of Georgia [WIP]

woooooooowwww !! amazing !!! + rep !

real Georgian armors and faces !

remember, Georgian army concept should be MIX Byzantium, Caucasasian (Georgian) and a bit east military culture and traditions.

in medieval Georgian army, was not AXEMEN units divisions, this units are pretty and amazing, but is better to name them - Dismounted Monaspa but with swords. Monaspa was elite, regular Royal soldier. in future we need also Monaspa cavalry too, they were havy cavalrymen, with spears, swords and with bows. Monaspa was also as General bodyguard.

can I make Georgian faction total information? or we must wait more units and map?

P.S.

this Georgian cavalry is missile cavalry or they are with lancers/ spears ?
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; August 16, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadzreuli View Post
    woooooooowwww !! amazing !!! + rep !

real Georgian armors and faces !

remember, Georgian army concept should be MIX Byzantium, Caucasasian (Georgian) and a bit east military culture and traditions.

can I make Georgian faction total information? or we must wait more units and map?

P.S.

this Georgian cavalry is missile cavalry or they are with lancers/ spears ?
    Thanks man! Feel free to post whatever information you want here! I need ideas on unit types and shields/banners for now! Especially names to call these units. Georgian Cavalry is just so bland! I'm looking for ideas for when I start working on more units!

Oh, right now the Georgian cavalry has spears, but's that's only because I didn't have time to work on their models yet. I just placed the skins on the Boyar Sons to see how they looked in the game.

They should have lances, no? If so, I will work on the model tonight!

Cheers!

Edit - Will change the axe unit to a sword unit tonight or so!

Oh, right now the Georgian cavalry has spears, but's that's only because I didn't have time to work on their models yet. I just placed the skins on the Boyar Sons to see how they looked in the game.

They should have lances, no? If so, I will work on the model tonight!
    yes, they should lancers/spears ! very amazing work, men.

I will poste general information about Georgia tomorow.

Irakli's Avatar Laetus

nice work here...I am glad that Tadzreuli makes us aware about what is happening about new mods in TW concerning Georgia.

I too recommend adding mounted spearmen as an unit and archers, you need some archers man.

Any way, these units look quite realistic and fair, but there a huge work also awating you.

ok, in the end I want to comment about shields - you need some extra patters for them. As far as I counted down there are only three of them. you need 3 or more extra patters additionaly and same amount of banners also.

I am glad thet another mod is coming on with the Georgian Kingdom. I am pleased with your work and will try to give you some extra suggestions throught creaton of this mod.

GOOD JOB!
    Last edited by Irakli; August 16, 2007 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irakli View Post
    nice work here...I am glad that Tadzreuli makes us aware about what is happening about new mods in TW concerning Georgia.

I too recoment adding mounted spearmen as an unit and archers, you need some archers man.

Any way, these units look quite realistic and fair, but there a huge work also awating you.

ok, in the end I want to comment about shields - you need some extra patters for them. As far as I counted down there are only three of them. you need 3 or more extra patters additionaly and same amount of banners also.

I am glad thet another mod is coming on with the Georgian Kingdom. I am pleased with your work and try to give some extra suggestion throught creaton of this mod.

GOOD JOB!
    Thanks for the feedback, mate! And yes, I'm aware there's quite a lot of work ahead of me!

Yeah, last night was my first attempt so I didn't get around to adding more shields yet. But I will. Have you any suggestions on patterns?

And maybe I'll work on Archers tonight if I get the chance. Georgia would have horsearchers, right? What kind of armour for foot archers?

Alright, thanks again for taking the time to post! Appreciate your comments! Take care!

tanks, Irakli,

if you have some material about Georgian shields, please put them here.

Georgia would have horsearchers, right? What kind of armour for foot archers?
    foot archers has this kind of armour (light and havy):

yes, Georgian has good horse archers soldiers in medieval, this is scetch by Christophor Kasteli (Italian traveler, visited Georgia in XVI c.):

this is Georgian noble havy cavalrymen, great feodal

this is Georgian havy cavalry on the old Georgian manuscript (XIII) _

and, I shortly post Georgian army list (XI-XV c.):

I. infantry

1. peasants
    2. peasant spearmen (light)
    3. militia spearmen (light > average )
    4. Metsikhovne spearmen (medium)
    5. Georgian havy spearmen (havy)
    6. militia swordsmen (light)
    7. Aznaur's infantry (smal and medium feodals, nobles, medium swordsmen)
    8. Eristav's infantry (Georgian nobles, large feodals havy swordsmen)
    9. Monaspa infantry (Royal havy regular forces, with spears and swords)

II. Cavalry

1. cavalry militia (light missile cavalry, with short spears and swords)
    2. Georgian cavalry (medium lancers)
    3. Tadzreuli cavalry (havy lancers)
    4. Aznaur's cavalry (medium swordsmen)
    5. Eristav's cavalry (havy swordsmen, horses has a bit armour)
    6. Monaspa cavalry (havy Royal, regular forces, with lancers and swords, horses has armour, but NOT like so huge as the Byzantian catafracts)
    7. Monaspa horse archers (medium horse archers with bows and swords)

III. Missile infantry

1. peasant archers
    2. Svanian hunters (with bows, light)
    3. Metsikhovne archers (medium)
    4. Monaspa archers (havy)

Irakli's Avatar Laetus

ok, let me just gather all I have got for now. I have a Bagrationi family Coat of Arms...You can use it on banners I guess so:

not so colorfull, but still yet giving you somthin in the begginning.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

These are Khevsur Infantry, with swords and round shilds. They represented a special division in Georgian Army. This represent a bit modern age, but armor stayed as it was before:

And armor itself:

These are Khevsurs from another TW mod, which you can use also:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is modern Coat of Arms, but I suggest to print St.George in the middle on a banner of Tadzreuli knights:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can use a crosss of this shape on banners or shields:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This type of Cross is the most ancient found in Georgian bareliefs, so I suppose you can freely use it on shields:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is lot one can provide information about Georgia. I suppose we should get on it step-by-step. I will provide you with information as I will see any improvement can be done. But you are free to ask as much as you want to know; me and Tadzreuli would be eager to answer your questions.

Great Job mate, I really like your models and it can form a great figurines for the mod.

RESPECT!

Though its not the faction I would have chosen for this mod the units look very good. Good job with the units!

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

nice

this is my finish genarl info about Georgia

Sakartvelos Samepho (Kingdom of Georgia) at 1080 AD.

Religion: Ortodox Christianity
    Capital: Kutatisi
    regions and cities: Egrisi (Kutatisi), Tao (Artanuji), Kartli (Uphlistsikhe)
    Roayl dinasry – Bagrationi

P.S. - Tbilisi (old capital of Georgia, located in province Kartli, was under Turkish control at 1080 AD)

Ruler family at 1080 –

Mephet Mephe (King of Kings) –
    George II Bagrationi (reigned 1072-1089) – 38 year

Dedopali (Quin) – wife, Elena – 35 year

Mephe (King) – son, David Bagrationi - 7 year

Short description of Sakartvelos Samepo (kingdom of Georgia) and political situation at 1080 AD.:

In 1001 Georgian king Bagrat III Bagrationi united all Georgian principalities - principality of Kakheti, Abkhazian reign, principality Tao-Klardzheti and principality of Kartli into the united reign and in the Caucasus was formed new dominant power, the strong, centralized feudal state - Kingdom of Georgia (Sakartvelos Samepho). Georgian one of most is ancient of the modern peoples of world, having its statehood from the time of Kingdom of Colchis (from XII-VIII BC). In 319 ad to year Georgian became Christianity as state religion. Georgian alphabet one of 14 original alphabet in the world, created in V-III BC.

Georgian Apostolic Ortodoxal Church, based by apostles Andrey and by Simeon of Cana, became autocephaly in V century. Besides Georgia, great Georgian religion centers were based in Jerusalem, in Greece, in Cyprus, in Sinaye, in Egypt, in Syria and Palestine.

Most might, power and developments feudal Georgian reign reached in XI-XIII century, under the rule of the royal dinasty of Bagrations, from whom Georgia guided such famous to entire world monarchs, as David IV "the Builder"(r.1089-1125) and quin Tamara the Great (r. 1184-1213).
    The might of Georgian Kingdom founded on the great military traditions, developed feodal economic infrastructure of the country into that epoch and certainly wise of the administration of the kings of dynasty Bagrations.

Before David IV the Builder has come on a throne in 1089, Georgia was ruled by his father George II Bagrationi, at this time in Georgia there was a heavy political situation. After invasion of Turks-Seldjuks in 1068, imperial authority of the Georgian king extended only on western, southern and on a part of east Georgia. Strategic Georgian cities and fortresses in east Georgia, such as Tbilisi, Samshvilde and Rustavi occupied by Seljuks, in Georgian regions Kakheti and Hereti ruled by local separated Georgian feudal lords. George II Bagrationi defeated army of Seljuks sultan Malik Shah in the battle of Phartskhisi in 1072, but it did not suffice for full win above the pulling enemy of Georgia, except for it the Georgian king should win internal rebellious feudal lords, strengthen the central imperial authority, develop a national economy and carry out associations of all Caucasus under the Georgian crown and then direct the armies to other countries for expansion of the Georgian empire.

Army units of Georgian kingdom and descriptions –

infantry

1. peasant - att. 3, def, 4

2. peasant militia swordsmen – att, 6, def, 6

3. Shubosani (lavy spearmen) – att. 7, deff. 9

These simple Georgians, free people, the civil guardsmen, ready to protect the native land from overseas aggressors. They are dressed in simple clothes from a leather and fabrics, in fight used spear, dagger and round/oval shields.

4. Kartlian spearmen * (medium spearmen) – att. 9, deff. 13

In IV century up to Christmas of Xhrist legendary king Parnavaz in Mtskheta has called Iberian-Kartlian on service in heavy infantry. "Erie", or "people", went on war to protect Kartli from Persians invasion. The tradition has remained, there were years, after Persians send Romans,Khazars and Huns, behind them Seljuks, Khorezmian and Mongols, hordes of Tamerlan 8 times interfered in Georgia! And always the basic force of the Georgian army was Kartlian spearmen. They are peasants, with calloused workers hands. They love the ground on which work and are ready to protect it up to last drop of blood! Strong, courageous, equally skilful in a floor and in сече, these hard armed infantrymen overturn the enemy a powerful impact of the rallied shields and spears.
    Many conquerors were seen by Georgia, many have remained here for ever... For ever to decay in the Georgian ground! Now Ottoman Turks, Persians and Kyzilbashs plan on conquest proud Kartlian. But they do not know descendants of king Parnavaz...

5. Metsikhovne (garrison havy spearmen) – att. 11, deff. 14

Metsikhovne - verbatim indicates" the guard of fortress ", then garrison guard eats. Them in Georgia they used for the strengthening for those seized it was municipal and fortresses. Metsikhovne was equipmented by due to the state, was dressed in the chain-mail armors, it managed well the habits of battle with the spear and shield, and also used bows. Metsikhovne can be used just as linear, combat infantry.

6. Tadzreuli qveitebi (foot medium swordsmen) – att. 12, deff. 15

Tadzreuli, on the Georgian verbatim indicates - "knight-templar". These are soldier, the servant of the holy apostolic church of Georgia. Georgian church as one of the rich classes in XII-XV c. centuries in the Georgian reign, subordinated the big enough number of small nobles – aznaurs, free mens and peasants. The servants of the church, aznaury protected church and faith, correctly served the king and the our land. Gradually, in the highly developed feudal society of Georgia, in XII-XIII c. explosives, tadzreuli became military class. To tadzreuli elite infantrymen by the Georgian of army, the knights of the honors, always ready life to return for the faith, the native land and for the tsar. They the well trained and well equipped, very experienced soldiers, strong by spirit, without are sorrowful to the enemies of Georgia and Christianity, but they are virtuous to the simple people, them all love and respect on this, and enemies feel trembling before their persistent view.

7. Aznauri qveitebi (foot feodals infantry, medium swordsmen) – att. 13, deff. 20

Aznauri - it is the feudal lord in Georgia during an epoch of feudalism. Aznaurs shared on small, on imperial, on church estates, some of them owned a family fortress, and the some not. Main craft Aznaurs was beaten military science and service to king of Georgia or their direct patron - Eristavs, to larger feudal lord, than Aznauri. Азнаури under arms had an average and heavy armour, a sword and spear, well owned the bows. As it is usual Aznaurs was as horsemen, but were able to be at war as infantry too.

8. Monaspa qveitebi (foot royal infantry, havy spearmen and swordsmen) – att. 14, deff. 22

Monaspa - elite part of the Georgian army after the reforms of David IV ,,the Builder” (1089-1125). First monaspa composed loyal to king and to the fatherland, cavalrymen from the average and small feudal class, and now and then also from the free people also. Monaspa, as the basic of the impact parts of the army, was subordinated directly only to king and gradually became regular troops, responsibilities were characterized by a high feeling, by steel discipline it is excellent to trained. With the by means of of such regular and accurate military parts, Georgian king successfully fought with the enemies of state both in the inside of the country and far beyond its limits. More lately appeared other regular units of the troops in the Georgian army, on the same to principles as the first cavalrymen Of monaspa, they were monaspa infantry, monaspa archers and monaspa archers cavalrymen.

9. Georgian highlanders * (havy swordsmen) – att. 16, deff. 15

Khevsureti - one of the most beautiful high-mountainous region of east Georgia. There during centuries it was created unique culture and originality Khevsurs, Pshavs, Tush’s and other mountain Georgian tribes. One of basic elements of this original culture is systematized military art. Khevsurs, in other as well as other mountaineers, perfect own art of fencing and protection in fight. In Middle Ages Khevurs the pedestrian and horse groups created special divisions in royal army of Georgia. Proud and aggressive Khevsurs, being free and independent from the feudal lords, were often called in bodyguard of the Georgian kings. Khevsurs are dressed beat in a chain armor, it is frequent their headdress from a chain armor closed all person Khevsur warrior. Thus before enemies there was not knowing fear, violent and at times a mysterious soldier without the person which scared to enemies.

cavalry

1. cavalry militia (light swordsmen) – att. 7, deff. 11

2. Egriseli moisarni * (light cavalry archers) – att. 7, miss. 8, deff. 12

This cavalry are horsemen archers from the western Georgia, since olden days known as good cavalrymen archers. It is light cavalry, armed by an bows and a sword. They are very effective for sudden an attack and for exhaustion of the enemy remote fire from an bows.

3. Highlanders cavalry * (medium swordsmen) – att. 10, deff. 12

Khevsureti - one of the most beautiful high-mountainous region of east Georgia. There during centuries it was created unique culture and originality Khevsurs, Pshavs, Tush’s and other mountain Georgian tribes. One of basic elements of this original culture is systematized military art. Khevsurs, in other as well as other mountaineers, perfect own art of fencing and protection in fight. In Middle Ages Khevurs the pedestrian and horse groups created special divisions in royal army of Georgia. Proud and aggressive Khevsurs, being free and independent from the feudal lords, were often called in bodyguard of the Georgian kings. Khevsurs are dressed beat in a chain armor, it is frequent their headdress from a chain armor closed all person Khevsur warrior. Thus before enemies there was not knowing fear, violent and at times a mysterious soldier without the person which scared to enemies.

4. Aznaurta mkhedroba (medium feodals swordsmen ) – att. 11, deff. 15

Aznaur - it is the feudal lord in Georgia during an epoch of feudalism. Aznaurs shared on small, on imperial, on church estates, some of them owned a family fortress, and the some not. Main craft Aznaurs was beaten military science and service to king of Georgia or their direct patron - Eristavs, to larger feudal lord, than Aznauri. Азнаури under arms had an average and heavy armour, a sword and spear, well owned the bows. As it is usual Aznaurs was as horsemen, but were able to be at war as infantry too.

5. Eristavta mkhedroba (havy feodals lancers) – att. 13, deff. 17

Eristavi - this is great feudal lord in Georgia in the epoch of feudalism. Saeristavo - indicates the administrative division in Georgia, under the management of appointed as king by eristavi. First ,,Saeristavo”, based with the first king of Kartli (Iberia) – Pharnavaz I. He divided kingdom by administrative neighbourhoods - saeristavo and were placed its there officials assigned, Eristavs. In the antique Iberian (Katlian) kingdom there were only eight saeristavo. When in Georgia the epoch of feudalism came, then king officials - eristavi of steel by strong, rich and influent feudal class, their feudal of about- ancestors it is possible to consider “large aznaur’s”, which managed fortresses. Eristavi, as strong feudal lords had their fortress, the large hereditary earth and the well armed and trained guards. On the convocation of tsar, with the war, yeristavi it must advance to tsar its guard. Eristavs guards basic there were cavalrymen, is heavy equipment, armament with spear and with sword. Eristav’s cavalrymen excellently trained and veterans of war, are ready to the latter to protect and to war with the enemies the fatherland... and now and then also against the king himself in order to render a service to the political ambitions of its owner – Eristav’s.

6. Tadzreuli (medium lancers) – att. 10, deff. 15

Tadzreuli, on the Georgian verbatim indicates - "knight-templar". These are soldier, the servant of the holy apostolic church of Georgia. Georgian church as one of the rich classes in XII-XV c. centuries in the Georgian reign, subordinated the big enough number of small nobles – aznaurs, free mens and peasants. The servants of the church, aznaury protected church and faith, correctly served the king and the our land. Gradually, in the highly developed feudal society of Georgia, in XII-XIII c. explosives, tadzreuli became military class. To tadzreuli elite infantrymen by the Georgian of army, the knights of the honors, always ready life to return for the faith, the native land and for the tsar. They the well trained and well equipped, very experienced soldiers, strong by spirit, without are sorrowful to the enemies of Georgia and Christianity, but they are virtuous to the simple people, them all love and respect on this, and enemies feel trembling before their persistent view.

7. Monaspa (royal havy missile and lancers cavalry) – att. 14, miss. 10, deff. 20

Monaspa - elite part of the Georgian army after the reforms of David IV ,,the Builder” (1089-1125). First monaspa composed loyal to king and to the fatherland, cavalrymen from the average and small feudal class, and now and then also from the free people also. Monaspa, as the basic of the impact parts of the army, was subordinated directly only to king and gradually became regular troops, responsibilities were characterized by a high feeling, by steel discipline it is excellent to trained. With the by means of of such regular and accurate military parts, Georgian king successfully fought with the enemies of state both in the inside of the country and far beyond its limits. More lately appeared other regular units of the troops in the Georgian army, on the same to principles as the first cavalrymen Of monaspa, they were monaspa infantry, monaspa archers and monaspa archers cavalrymen.

8. General bodyguard (Monaspa cavalry model) – att.15, miss. 11, deff. 22

missile infantry

1. peasant archers – att. 5, miss. 6, deff. 7

2. Svanta Svimra * (light archers from Georgian province Svaneti) – att. 7, miss. 9, deff. 10

Svimra "(guard) Svans - the autonym of "mushvan" - ethnic group is Georgian, that lives in the unapproachable mountains of west Georgia. These are tower-less and wild soldiers, who do not know fear. Although Christianity already had long ago been taken root among the mountaineers, ancient heathen customs are still very strong among the Svanians clans. The faith in Christ is nearby with the heathen altars, the cult Hittite -Subarian god to Telepinu and terrible Lasharela, the gloomy patron of soldiers, which rushes among the mountains on its horse... Svans the skillful hunters and pathfinders, from the earliest times they composed the impact force of the armies of Colchis, then Lazika-Egrisi and united Georgia. When there is no war, Svans frequently quarrel between themselves, blood vengeance as before acts among the snow-covered mountains of Svaneti. But sometimes Svans forget their quarrels. This occurs, when external enemy attacks in Georgia. In Georgia they indicate that if you send by war on Svaneti, then to you it remains to hope on gentlemen of God, because besides it, you already no one will help!

3. Metsikhovne archers (garrison medium archers) – att. 9, miss. 10, deff. 11

Metsikhovne - verbatim indicates" the guard of fortress ", then garrison guard eats. Them in Georgia they used for the strengthening for those seized it was municipal and fortresses. Metsikhovne was equipmented by due to the state, was dressed in the chain-mail armors, it managed well the habits of battle with the spear and shield, and also used bows. Metsikhovne can be used just as linear, combat infantry.

4. Monaspa moisarni (royal archers) – att. 11, miss. 12, deff. 13

* - national unit

Georgian medieval names and surnames

male names:

Amiran
    Ashot
    Archil
    Arsen
    Andrya
    Abel
    Avag
    Armaz
    Arshusha
    Avtandil
    Abibo
    Alexandre
    Adarnase

Baqar
    Beqa
    Beshqen
    Badri
    Baadur
    Barata
    Baram
    Basil
    Bagrat
    Bachana
    Besik

Chiaber
    Chabua

David
    Demetre
    Demna
    Damiane
    Dachi

George
    Gocha
    Guaram
    Grigol
    Gubaz
    Gabriel

Erekle
    Emzar
    Estate
    Edisher
    Egarslan
    Ephrem

Kakahber
    Kakha
    Kalenike
    Konstantine
    Katsia
    Kartlos
    Kaikhosro
    Kavtar
    Kvirike
    Kaphlan

Lazare
    Lasha
    Leonti
    Liparit
    Luarsab
    Luka

Mathe
    Malaqia
    Mamuka
    Manase
    Manuchar
    Melqisedek
    Michael
    Mindia
    Mzechabuk
    Mirian
    Mirdat
    Mushni
    Murman
    Mukhran

Nikoloz
    Nariman
    Nestor
    Nugzar
    Niaz

Otar
    Onise
    Otia

Paata
    Papuna
    Petre

Rati
    Raphiel
    Revaz
    Rismag
    Rostom
    Ramaz

Saba
    Samson
    Sargis
    Saurmag
    Sachino
    Sevasti
    Simeon
    Solomon

Tariel
    Tite
    Timothe
    Tornike
    Tadeoz
    Tarkhan
    Tsotne

Ucha
    Uta

Pharnaoz
    Pharsman
    Pharsadan

Vakhtang
    Varaz
    Vamekh
    Varazbakur
    Vache

Zaal
    Zaza
    Zaqaria

female names:

Anna
    Anastasia
    Asmat
    Aneta
    Babale
    Borena
    Gvantsa
    Gogola
    Gulnara
    Guliko
    Guranda
    Gurandukht
    Dali
    Dilika
    Dedisimedi
    Darejan
    Ether
    Ekaterina
    Eka
    Eliso
    Elisabed
    Tamar
    Tekla
    Tamta
    Tinatin
    Tina
    Teona
    Katay
    Kesarea
    Lali
    Lamara
    Lela
    Lia
    Maia
    Maka
    Makrine
    Mariam
    Megi
    Mzeona
    Mtvarisa
    Miranda
    Natela
    Nazi
    Nino
    Nutsa
    Nunu
    Ninia
    Rusudan
    Riphsime
    Salome
    Sidonia
    Shorena
    Sevdia
    Suliko
    Phati
    Phatman
    Dzidzia
    Dzabunia
    Khatuna
    Khvashag
    Tsoqali
    Davar

Georgian feudal families:

Abazadze
    Korintheli
    Makhateli
    Gogibashvili
    Nasidze
    Gazneli
    Ratishvili
    Zedgenidze
    Saakadze
    Rochikashvili
    Gamrekeli
    Toreli
    Orbeli
    Bagvashi
    Orbeliani
    Baratashvili
    Kakhaberisdze
    Mkhargrdzeli
    Abashidze
    Dadiani
    Dadeshkeliani
    Gurieli
    Sharvashidze
    Anchabadze
    Chichua
    Zurabishvili
    Kachibadze
    Argutashvili
    Jakeli
    Tsikhisjvareli
    Donauri
    Shalikashvili
    Machabeli
    Kherkheulidze
    Amilakhvari
    Amirejibi
    Avalishvili
    Mukhraneli
    Guramishvili
    Tusishvili
    Gogorishvili
    Sumbatashvili
    Tavdgiridze
    Diasamidze
    Kobulisdze
    Abuletisdze
    Tukhareli
    Gaganisdze
    Tsereteli
    Mkheidze
    Chkheidze
    Lortkiphanidze
    Nizharadze
    Iashvili
    Tsulukidze
    Gelovani
    Japharidze
    Inasaridze
    Lashkhishvili
    Mikeladze
    Chijavadze
    Chiladze
    Nakashidze
    Berezhiani
    Aphrasidze
    Vachnadze
    Jorjadze
    Kordzaia
    Lionidze
    Makashvili
    Melikishvili
    Gurgenidze
    Gedevanishvili
    Phalavandishvili
    Kvenaphlaveli
    Phavlenishvili
    Cholokashvili
    Irubakidze
    Tsitsishvili
    Chavchavadze
    Khimshiashvili
    Jaiani
    Jandieri
    Doreuli

Georgian medieval titles, ancillaries and important persons

ANCILARIES AND TITLES

religion titles -

Catholicos-Patriarch all Georgia
    + 5 piety

Mtavarepiskoposi = Archbishop
    + 3 piety

Episkoposi = Bishop
    + 2 piety

civil titles -

Mepheta Mephe Saqartvelosi = king of kings of all Georgia

+ 4 command
    + 4 authority
    + 2 dread
    + 3 piety

Mesiis makhvili = Sword of Mesiah, only to the Georgian kings, when Georgian king defeat major muslims armyes in 3 major battles.

+ 2 authority among the ortodox Christians rullers and kings
    + 3 command against muslims
    + 3 popularity
    + 3 loyalty receive from nobility

Eristavt-Eristavi = Grand Duke > Only in megacities

+1 authority
    -2 loyalty
    +10 % tax income
    +5 law

Eristavi = Duke of some region or city

+3 law
    +1 authority
    +5% tax income
    -1 loyalty

Aznauri = smal or middle feodal

+ 2 loyalty

Mtsignobartukhutsesi = Prime-Minister, only for king

+2 authority
    +2 loyalty
    +1 piety

Mechurchletukhutsesi = minister of Finance, only for king

+1 authority
    +1 loyalty
    +15 tax income

Mandaturtukhutsesi = head of security police, only for king

+ 2 authority
    + 3 loyalty
    + 10 law

SPECIFIC MILITARY titles for GEORGIA

Amirspalari = minister of Defence, only for king

+2 command
    +2 authority
    +3 dread

Spasalari = army general

+ 2 command
    + 1 authority
    + 1 dread

Spaspety = chef of 1000 soldiers

+1 command
    +1 dread

Raindi = knight

+ 1 command
    + 2 chivalry

REGIONAL TITLES for GEORGIA

Tbilisi

King of Kings all Georgia (for forighn Christians)
    Emir of Tbilisi (Muslims)
    Tbilisis Mouravi (for Georgian ruler)

+10 tax income
    + 5 trade
    +5 law
    +2 authority
    -3 loyalty

Kutatisi

grand duke of Kutatis (for forighn Christians)
    Emir of Kutatis (for Muslims)
    Imeretis Eristavt-Eristavi (for Georgians)

+ 5 tax income
    + 5 Sea trade
    + 5 law

Artanuji

Curapalate of Tao (for forighn Christians)
    Emir of Artanuji (for Muslims)
    Tao-Klarjetis Eristavt-Eristavi (for Georgians)

SPECIFIC TRAITS for Georgia

Mouravi -

Owing to this person trade and extraction of taxes increases + 2 trade, + 1 tax income

Mtsignobari -

The scientific person always helps the mister, the authority and influence, on a society and in people, will increase + 1 authority, + 1 influence

Bazieri -

The assistant during hunting, + 1 security, +2 range of vision.

Mstovari -

The secret agent men, + 2 security, + 2 movement, + 3 range of vision.

Mstovartukhutesi -

head of secret agents guild , + 4 security, + 4 movement, + 5 range of vison.

Amirejibi -

chef of royal cavalry stables, + 3 movement, + 1 cavalry command.

Rindi -

Member secret a society mistics and philosophers, - 3 piety, + 2 command.

Mushaiti -

The acrobat and the athlete, + 2 Healthy

Mchedeltukhutsesi -

head of blacksmits guild, - 10% armor upgreids cost, - 10% weapons upgreids cost, - 10% havy infantry trained cost.

Memathrakhe -

veteran cavalrymen, + 3 movement, + 2 when cavalry command.

Moisari -

The champion on shooting from bow, + 2 range of vision, + 1 when archers command

Svanian pathfinder -

Hunter from Svaneti, highlander Georgian province , + 2 security, + 3 range of vision, + 2 when archers command

Mekhmle -

The champion on fencing, + 2 when swordsmen infantry command.

Khevisberi -

The authoritative person in a high-mountainous province of Georgia, + 2 law, + 1 when highlander warriors command, + 1 piety

Meabjre –

The servant who bears an armour and the weapon of his patron, + 1 chivalry, + 1 movement.

HISTORICAL CHARACTERS of GEORGIA

Johan Petritsi -

well-known Georgian philosopher and theologian in the XI-XII century, has based scientific academy in Gelati's monastery. + 1 authority, + 1 piety, + 1 popularity.

Beqa Opizari -

well-known Georgian jeweller, the sculptor and the artist in the XII century, + 1 popularity.

Shota Rustaveli -

The greatest Georgian poet of XII century, has written genius poem, Masterpiece of the medieval literature "knight in the Panter scin", well known all over the world, + 2 piety, + 5 popularity.

George Mtatsmindeli -

Great Georgian religion figure and theologian in X c., + 3 piety, + 2 loyalty, + 1 authority.

Shalva Tsikhisjvareli -

The great commander of Georgian army in XII-XIII c. , + 1 command, + 1 command againts muslims.

Konstantine Arsakidze -

great Georgian architect in XII c. , - 5 % cost religion buildings buid, reduce build time – 2 turn.

Zankan Zoarababeli -

great merchants from Tbilisi in XII c. , + 10 trade income.

Arsen Ikaltoeli -

Georgian religion figure in XII c., monk, he founded Academy in Ikalto - + 3 piety, + 1 law, + 1 authority.

faction banner (flag) -

for Royal family banner -

IMG]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/9353/bagrationgerbialnl3.jpg[/IMG]

for Tbilisi heraldy -

for Kutatisi heraldy -

for Artanuji heraldy -

Thanks Tadzreuli for all the info! Really fantastic! Very helpful!

Now for some more work-in-progress screenshots...

Svanta Svimra [light archers]:

Metsikhovne [Spearmen]

Cheers!

nice work ! + rep

you can use my all scetchs for units concept:

http://tw.org.ua/index.php?option=co...egory&catid=36

Metsikhovne should be HAVY spearmen and if possible - with cone stile helmets and round shields.

but if it not possible, don't worry, this units are almost perfect !
    Last edited by Tadzreuli; August 19, 2007 at 12:26 AM.

for Georgian highlander unit here is fine stuff about armour and weapon:

http://nukri.org/index.php?module=pn...pic&topic=6624

for Svanta Svimra -

for Eristav's cavalry -

for Metsikhovne (spearmen) -

for Metsikhovne archers -